Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: [MODDING] INTERACTION & SYNDROME QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 59845 times)

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] INTERACTION & SYNDROME QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2020, 04:04:07 pm »

The BP string is off; you have BP:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:TOE, which is telling it to look for the TOE tissue on any FINGER category part, which doesnt exist. If you change it to BP:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:ALL:BP:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:ALL, it will target any vascular tissues on fingers or toes.
Just tested it in the Arena, and it's working. Thanks for the help!
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Defensive kobra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2020, 05:16:31 am »

how does [CE_FEEL_EMOTION] work exactly? do i need to provide the name of the emotions ID number or its name? also the raws for the pet animal interaction does not include anything that would prevent petting an non animal, is this an bug or has it been hard coded?

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2020, 11:31:21 am »

i'm trying to make a contagious disease spread by the bite of a specific caste of troll, how would i be able to achieve this and would i need to edit the interaction file too?

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2020, 02:50:44 pm »

how does [CE_FEEL_EMOTION] work exactly? do i need to provide the name of the emotions ID number or its name? also the raws for the pet animal interaction does not include anything that would prevent petting an non animal, is this an bug or has it been hard coded?
IIRC, [CE_FEEL_EMOTION] takes the name of the emotion. Could be wrong on that, since I'm going purely by the PLANT_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE's syndrome.
Not entirely sure about the pet animal interaction.

EDIT: Okay, did some testing in the Arena, and it does take the name of an emotion. ID numbers return an error. The SEV value deterimines how intense the emotion is - even if you have 'terror' set as the emotion, you'll need a high SEV for the dwarf to feel it, and not feel 'alarm/discomfort/whatever'.

i'm trying to make a contagious disease spread by the bite of a specific caste of troll, how would i be able to achieve this and would i need to edit the interaction file too?
If it's spread by the troll's bite alone (and not by infected Dwarves) and if you've already set up the interaction, you could add [SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION] to the BITE attack. Like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As long as the interaction is set up correctly, and as long as the bite succeeds, the victim should be infected by the disease and the syndrome should occur.

If you haven't set up the disease in an interaction,use this as a base:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 07:44:39 am by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2020, 02:52:29 pm »

Okay, I've cooked up this syndrome (applied via interaction linked to a bite), but I have a question. How would the probabilities for each transformation work? For example, would the target pick one of the five and transform into it permanently, or is there a chance that they won't transform at all?

Spoiler: Syndrome Code (click to show/hide)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2020, 04:33:11 pm »

That transformation will be permanent since you have no end flag, and there is a chance that none of them would occur. If two come up "true" at the same time it will transform into the one that was defined first, so if you want a guaranteed transformation, put one with 100% probability at the bottom of the list, and if none of the ones above it are used then the target will turn into that.

You can also use the new creature class based random selection demonstrated in pet creature summons now. There should be an example in the interaction examples folder. Then you could transform them into a random caste of a creature with the given creature class.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2020, 07:30:15 pm »

If I create secret for sphere NATURE or RIVERS, will elves get this secret?

ChipsDubbo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2020, 04:01:39 pm »

Does anyone know exactly how poison/venom coated ammunition works? Using masterwork right now, with reactions to spatter blow darts with venom. However, when they actually hit a target they do nothing.

Is it possible that it only works when the shot is "lodged firmly in the wound"? If so, I'm not sure blow darts can even do that.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2020, 07:57:43 pm »

Why this don't work?
Code: [Select]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:BLOOD]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:COW_MAN:FEMALE]
[SYN_INJECTED][SYN_INGESTED][SYN_CONTACT][SYN_NO_HOSPITAL]
[CE_REMOVE_TAG:CAN_LEARN:START:0:ABRUPT]
[CE:COUNTER_TRIGGER:MILK_COUNTER:0:1:REQUIRED]
[CE_ADD_TAG:CAN_LEARN:START:2:ABRUPT]
[CE:COUNTER_TRIGGER:MILK_COUNTER:2:20000:REQUIRED]

Gnomedevourer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2020, 11:01:23 pm »

I am having some trouble with some vampire stuff
Spoiler: the stuff (click to show/hide)
tried to balance a mod, once upon a time, fell and scraped my knee, ain't doing that again.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2020, 01:21:45 am »

If I create secret for sphere NATURE or RIVERS, will elves get this secret?

Don't think so, their force-deity doesnt behave like normal deities and pass out slabs or curses, and the only motivation which results in worshippers getting slabs is immortality, which elves already have, so only mortal immigrants would seek it out anyway.

Does anyone know exactly how poison/venom coated ammunition works? Using masterwork right now, with reactions to spatter blow darts with venom. However, when they actually hit a target they do nothing.

Is it possible that it only works when the shot is "lodged firmly in the wound"? If so, I'm not sure blow darts can even do that.

No idea how masterwork/dfhack gets poisons onto weapons, but in vanilla poisons, which only appear on subterranean animal peoples' blow darts iirc, work whenever the ammo breaks the skin. As long as the dfhack script is doing its job and putting the contaminant on the weapon/ammo properly, then theoretically it should work. It might be the syndrome doesnt work in the first place (I would test it works in whatever situation its naturally supposed to occur in), or theres something wrong with the script, which would be a question for the dfhack thread.

Why this don't work?
[SYNDROME]

Did you make sure the creature is bleeding from somewhere? It won't trigger unless the creature comes in contact with blood, and being full of blood doesnt count (weird, right?) Sometimes its easier to deliver those syndromes with an on-self-only, non-repeatable (E.g. CANNOT_TARGET_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED) creature interaction, and confirm they're working with like a title/name or flash tile added to the creature the same way it is on necromancers, one for each stage of the counter triggers/syndrome.

I am having some trouble with some vampire stuff
Spoiler: the stuff (click to show/hide)

Try adding REQUIRED at the end of the counter trigger string.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gnomedevourer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2020, 10:22:11 am »

It worked thank you for the help :D
tried to balance a mod, once upon a time, fell and scraped my knee, ain't doing that again.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2020, 10:49:12 am »

Why this don't work?
[SYNDROME]

Syndrome transmission via SYN_CONTACT requires the material to contaminate one of the creature's body parts (i.e. visible as a bodily contaminant when viewing its inventory). Blood and other material components of a creature therefore cannot transmit contact syndromes to the creature directly (in the case of blood, it'd need to be wounded to splatter blood around first).

What you can do instead is to make the creature continuously secrete the syndrome material. lt will be created as a contaminant on the target body part(s) (you can set this to an internal organ if you want), so SYN_CONTACT transmission works well.

That said,
[CE:COUNTER_TRIGGER:MILK_COUNTER:0:1:REQUIRED]might not work because the milk counter is only present after milking occurs and is removed as soon as it decreases past 1.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 10:54:45 am by Atomic Chicken »
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2020, 04:02:38 pm »

Why this don't work?
[SYNDROME]

Syndrome transmission via SYN_CONTACT requires the material to contaminate one of the creature's body parts (i.e. visible as a bodily contaminant when viewing its inventory). Blood and other material components of a creature therefore cannot transmit contact syndromes to the creature directly (in the case of blood, it'd need to be wounded to splatter blood around first).

What you can do instead is to make the creature continuously secrete the syndrome material. lt will be created as a contaminant on the target body part(s) (you can set this to an internal organ if you want), so SYN_CONTACT transmission works well.

That said,
[CE:COUNTER_TRIGGER:MILK_COUNTER:0:1:REQUIRED]might not work because the milk counter is only present after milking occurs and is removed as soon as it decreases past 1.
I add secretions to heart as start of this syndrome modding (this is test purposes, I will add syndrome to alcohol, so only fortress members will become non-sentient). Before counter trigger issues, this works fine.

So, how syndrome might looks for make it work? Need I just remove counter for first effect?

Central Speaker Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2020, 08:01:57 am »

Do syndrome interactions, specifically secretions and contact infections, work during worldgen?

I saw that this was asked back in 2012 and it recieved an 'I don't know', not a 'No'. Has anyone discovered and reported the answer to this since then?

This may be an opportunity for my first ever mod to be *Science*...

RESOLVED:
I have just been informed on a separate thread that Secretions do not compute during worldgen.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 08:55:00 am by Central Speaker Dan »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14