Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: [MODDING] REACTIONS QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 38284 times)

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] REACTIONS QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #165 on: September 19, 2023, 03:34:16 pm »

I'm not totally sure, but it says so on the wiki. Although the wiki is sometimes outdated or wrong. It's probably similar to why you can't make corpses with reactions.

Schmee

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2023, 03:43:52 am »

I'm pretty new to modding, I thought I'd make a simple mod to create stone warhammers. There's not much to it, just these:

Quote from: reaction_rockhammer.txt
reaction_rockhammer

[OBJECT:REACTION]

[REACTION:MAKE_ROCK_HAMMER]
   [NAME:make rock war hammer]
   [BUILDING:MASON:NONE]
   [REAGENT:boulder:1:STONE:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE]
   [WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:ITEM_WEAPON_HAMMER_WAR:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:boulder:NONE]
   [SKILL:CARVE_STONE]

Quote from: entity_dwarfhammers.txt
entity_dwarfhammers

[OBJECT:ENTITY]

[SELECT_ENTITY:MOUNTAIN]
   [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_ROCK_HAMMER]

After installing this, the world loads fine but rock hammers are not available on embark. The reaction does show up in the stoneworker's shop, but when I tried to make one the game froze and crashed.
Any advice on what I'm doing wrong?

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 20, 2023, 04:16:57 am »

For embark access:
Most reactions tend to work only on the player's fortress while civ wide weapon access is given by having the necessary weapon token , ie [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HAMMER_WAR], in the entity's file.

Adding the [CAN_STONE] token to the warhammers, should make them craftable in the same way that obsidian short swords are. If you want to use more kind of stones then you'll have to change their respective [MAX_EDGE:xxxx] to 10000 or higher)

For the crash:
I'm not sure but I think [REAGENT:boulder:1:STONE:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE] is wrong and it should have been [REAGENT:boulder:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE]
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Schmee

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 20, 2023, 04:36:54 am »

I'm not sure that's what caused the crash, as I saw a dwarf successfully collect a boulder and drag it to the workshop before the crash. If the reagent line were invalid then they wouldn't have grabbed a stone.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 20, 2023, 04:50:44 am »

Post the crashlog (crashlogs folder), if you have one?

Schmee

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2023, 04:52:20 am »

I think I've solved the crash. I missed a flag in the product line:

PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HAMMER_WAR:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:boulder:NONE

On testing, now it seems to work fine! I haven't checked the embark options but I'm not too worried about them anyways.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2023, 07:53:47 pm »

You could post the crash log regardless and then Putnam could possibly prevent it from causing a crash in the future
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

accidentphilosophy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 08, 2024, 03:43:43 pm »

Hi, sorry if I'm not supposed to make further posts in this thread - it is a general question thread, so I figure it's alright, but I'm not entirely clear on my forum etiquette.

I'm new to modded reactions. For some reason these do not appear on the Farmer's Workshop like I want it to. Does anything look obviously wrong?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 08, 2024, 05:28:09 pm »

Did you remember to add them to the entity you're playing as? There's nothing that stands out about them
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

accidentphilosophy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 10, 2024, 05:45:42 pm »

I sure did! Thank you for pointing that out.

Now that they actually work, I'd like to ask, is it possible to make it so there will always be a product, but only *one* product? That is, so the reaction will always produce a single gemstone.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 10, 2024, 05:51:51 pm »

apply [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT] to all the reagents, and it will always spit out the exact number of desired product.
I make Spellcrafts!

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #176 on: April 12, 2024, 01:22:03 pm »

Is it possible to make a reaction to make of a container full of water ??

Id rather ask here first before I waste a bunch of time trying.
I don't need  drinking water I just need a container full of water in a workstation to test some some things concerning explosions.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 12, 2024, 08:29:03 pm »

You can use WATER:NONE as the material side of the product line and it will spit out a ~whatever~ made of water. LIQUID_MISC:NONE:WATER:NONE would be drinkable water, specifically.
I make Spellcrafts!

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #178 on: April 13, 2024, 07:58:09 pm »

You can use WATER:NONE as the material side of the product line and it will spit out a ~whatever~ made of water. LIQUID_MISC:NONE:WATER:NONE would be drinkable water, specifically.

It could work for what I'm doing I'll have to try and find out working on making a dwarven hydrogen bomb it's going to be pretty hilarious

Mundus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 16, 2024, 06:13:03 pm »

I have been driving myself insane attempting to create a selection of brewable drinks able to inflict different forms of vampirism upon my unsuspecting drawfs. After several days of squinting at code and after several dozen world gens, I have acepted defeat and come to ask for help.

The intention is that the reaction takes a barrel of 'bloodwine' (an alcohol created from brewing the fruit of a modded plant) and a solitary large bloodstone to create a new drink, here named VAMP1 that, when drunk, will inflict a vampire syndrome upon the person that drinks it.

For some reason however, the current reactions ingrediants (in the still reaction) are:
- 'Drink' (any sort of alcohol seems to do the job currently)
- 'Bloodwine-Containing item' (however, it currently accepts any barrel with alcohol in)
- 'Empty food storage item'
- 'Large Bloodstone'

Here is the current code of the reaction:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If anybody better versed with reactions could lend some wisdom, that would be greatly appreciated
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 06:17:10 pm by Mundus »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13