Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [DFC]Bay12 Teamspeak- Game/Talk to bay12ers! Open to all.  (Read 3491 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
[DFC]Bay12 Teamspeak- Game/Talk to bay12ers! Open to all.
« on: May 23, 2012, 12:59:48 am »

Hey all, we're leaving the [DFC] Teamspeak on Teamspeak3!

ip: kaelserver.dyndns.org
password: dwarf
port: standard

The [DFC] server is open to all friends of the Dwarf Fortress Community and we spend our time discussing games and random stuff. You are all welcome to join!

/back to lurking
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 07:53:56 am by KaelGotDwarves »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

But Mumble sucks. Even Skype is better.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile

Uh right. Because skype only allows 8 people to conference call at once. They're two totally different programs.

Mumble is like Teamspeak/ventrilo.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yay it works...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Because skype only allows 8 people to conference call at once.
...It doesn't?

I haven't used Teamspeak, but Mumble has this extremely annoying cutoff at the beginning and end of sentences that's put there for some utterly mysterious reason and is impossible to calibrate in any way at all (or rather it is possible to calibrate, but the end result will still be pretty much the same and everyone else will still be speaking in cropped sentences).

engy

• Bay Watcher
  • Military | Science | Consumer
    • View Profile

Because skype only allows 8 people to conference call at once.
...It doesn't?

Right, apparently they have changed it to 24, which would likely get us by 90% of the time; however, it wouldn't support a bunch of the other features that are important for what we use it for.

I haven't used Teamspeak, but Mumble has this extremely annoying cutoff at the beginning and end of sentences that's put there for some utterly mysterious reason and is impossible to calibrate in any way at all (or rather it is possible to calibrate, but the end result will still be pretty much the same and everyone else will still be speaking in cropped sentences).
After testing with a few other users this morning, we did not have this issue....

Anyway, I like it. And it supports Text to Voice which helps the users without microphones.