Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Loop Hero  (Read 6342 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Loop Hero
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2021, 09:00:10 pm »

Actually there's a public beta out, with a lot of QoL stuff.  A "deck" for level up traits and the ability to lock-in equipment in your inventory.  Go up to x4 speed too I think.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2021, 04:38:37 am »

Actually there's a public beta out, with a lot of QoL stuff.  A "deck" for level up traits and the ability to lock-in equipment in your inventory.  Go up to x4 speed too I think.

v1.1 has now officially dropped! A couple new tiles and enemies, plus all the QoL updates (including the ability to save and return to an active expedition!)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2021, 12:33:11 pm »

Still can't beat Omega. It's the bloody hunter (Or rather, his dogs) on that last loop that keeps buggering me over. I managed to beat him the other night, but he'd crippled me so much that by the time I got to my first fight afterwards I instantly died.

On the other hand, I got to beat the Frog King. That was surprisingly easy and a bit weird.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2021, 06:30:10 pm »

That's kinda the funny thing with Omega, and act IV in general... If you can make it as far as beating Tau, you're probably on a roll. And there's really not much reason to ever retreat early, since you earn enough skulls there that you actually lose more of them by *not* spending them to save all your stuff.

Curious tip for Omega though: His stat-deleting attack needs the stat to exist in order to target it, but there doesn't appear to be any weighting based on the value of that stat. So taking along some camp items that provide like +1 HP per day or +1 Retaliation damage, or some other stat you won't have on your character, means you'll have an entire new stat category that will have the same chance of being wiped out as, say, Max Skeletons. Or Damage.

If you need some more specific tips... As ever, deserts+oases is king. His fight is generally an endurance match anyways, so the fighter's passive really shines if you give it the chance to do so. His standard attacks can also be dodged like any other. If you wanna get fancy: Omega has some pretty massive physical armor, so if you can squeeze 2-3 storm temples in line with the campfire, he'll go down like a chump (legitimately the fastest kills I've ever had).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]