Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1073827 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #11670 on: May 28, 2015, 05:28:45 pm »

I'm pretty sure they mean redeploying to bases across the map. You'll be able to 'redeploy' within your hex or whatever but not jump across the map instantaneously.

I would try it out right now but it just crashes at 94%. People are saying something about that being when it authenticates the server, but I don't know if that means it's a problem on my end or their servers are just down... (EDIT: Turns out they kinda forgot to actually put the update up, good job)

I do agree with the kills counting towards points for this gamemode (and for counting towards directives etc.)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 05:42:41 pm by OzyTheSage »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11671 on: May 28, 2015, 06:13:37 pm »

Ok now that I'm in the game:
Turns out redeploy is disabled outright, not even for the facility you are inside. /suicide is disabled as well, hope you don't get stuck =3
Even worse, if you die you can still 'redeployside' across the map, so there's nothing stopping you from killing yourself with rockets or grenades or gravity and then going to another base.
You can in fact skip the small outposts and contest facilities connected by the lattice even if the hexes aren't adjacent.
Not sure if this is new or not, but the mission system seems to be updated because if you're at a facility instead of just saying 'capture X' it will say things like 'overload shield generator' which may be more useful for newer players.

I'd write a bit more but I have to go eat. I am disappointed that my assumptions were wrong about the redeploy thing...

EDIT: Just saw a post saying they're (probably) nerfing the Orion and battlegoose
Wuuuuaaoaa
IMO, none of the LMGs should have 0.75 ADS movement
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 06:35:29 pm by OzyTheSage »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11672 on: May 28, 2015, 09:30:06 pm »

EDIT: Just saw a post saying they're (probably) nerfing the Orion and battlegoose
Wuuuuaaoaa
IMO, none of the LMGs should have 0.75 ADS movement

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

I wanted to come here and say 'fuck those dumb VS LMGs' but that's too harsh a nerf for the Orion. The .75x ADS was the only thing it had going for it.

New game mode

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that basically the way the lattice system worked in Planetside 1? Back when the lattice first came around all the old PS1 vets lamented about how much superior the PS1 lattice was compared to its implementation in PS2.

This might just be enough to get me back in the game. (If they nerf heavy overshield I'll definitely give it a shot again.)
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11673 on: May 28, 2015, 09:33:49 pm »

(If they nerf heavy overshield I'll definitely give it a shot again.)

bahahahahahahahaha ._. god I wish

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11674 on: May 28, 2015, 11:21:54 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that basically the way the lattice system worked in Planetside 1?
I only have other people to go off of as I haven't played PS1 myself, then yes.

I saw someone mention that the heavy shield should add resistances instead of straight up give health. It'd give more resistance to vehicle weapons and splash damage so heavies are more resilient against vehicles but not much more protected from small arms than anyone else.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11675 on: May 29, 2015, 08:02:26 am »

Isn't shield literally the only thing making heavy different besides having bigger guns?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #11676 on: May 29, 2015, 08:12:06 am »

Heavies can also carry rocket launchers.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11677 on: May 29, 2015, 08:47:36 am »

Admitedly most rocket launchers don't do that well against infantry unless the score a direct hit.
To be honest Light assaults annoy me more thna heavies but that's just me.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11678 on: May 29, 2015, 10:00:38 am »

Heavy's are not OP at all.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11679 on: May 29, 2015, 10:16:18 am »

Heavy's are not OP at all.

Hell, Heavies are what I want to be fighting against. None of LA's mobility, none of Medic's support abilities, no turret spam, no camo. If they nerfed Heavy's overshield they might as well remove them from the game, you already have to beat higher-end players with a stick to get them to play the class in an outfit because no one wants to give up the tactical advantages of the other classes.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #11680 on: May 29, 2015, 10:21:46 am »

I mostly roll with HA for the shields and the ability to annoy enemy aircraft. The TR's chaingun is pretty cool too IMO.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11681 on: May 29, 2015, 12:44:46 pm »

Isn't shield literally the only thing making heavy different besides having bigger guns?
Provided their bigger gun isn't a 50 rounder, they can probably equip a crossbow for recon darts. Classes with 30-40 round magazines don't have that luxury.
They've got rocket launchers, which work better than the other classes options against air, vehicles, MAXes, and can be used to kill infantry with pot shots.
Concussion grenades are pretty good, and AV 'nades make killing MAXes extremely straightforward.
Their rocket launcher means they have the option to take medkits without giving up their AV ability.
... and they just happen to have about 60% more HP than anyone else.

No one thing about heavy is overpowered, but that they can do all these things at once is ridiculous. The best AI class shouldn't be the best AV class at the same time.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11682 on: May 29, 2015, 07:50:08 pm »

Provided their bigger gun isn't a 50 rounder, they can probably equip a crossbow for recon darts. Classes with 30-40 round magazines don't have that luxury.
They've got rocket launchers, which work better than the other classes options against air, vehicles, MAXes, and can be used to kill infantry with pot shots.
Concussion grenades are pretty good, and AV 'nades make killing MAXes extremely straightforward.
Their rocket launcher means they have the option to take medkits without giving up their AV ability.
... and they just happen to have about 60% more HP than anyone else.

No one thing about heavy is overpowered, but that they can do all these things at once is ridiculous. The best AI class shouldn't be the best AV class at the same time.
^

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11683 on: June 01, 2015, 12:01:35 am »

Best AI class is debatable, as each class has its advantages against infantry, excepting medics but they're medics. Engis have the AI and AV turrets, Infils have one shot kills from draw distance, Lights get to absurd places you don't think to look, and HA's just plow through everything stupid enough to be plowing back gainst them. Properly played, none of them has any true advantage, it's just that in a zerg push, HA's have the advantage due to the clusterfark that they tend to be. In most non zerg circumstances, HA's don't have enough of an advantage to make sense using outside of providing an AV/AA umbrella. They're slow, so in high speed organized platoon combat, they make easier targets, and can't reach contested points as quickly.

I will give it this, in a zerg clusterfark, it is the undeniable king of denial with the various ES weapons, at their various ranges. The TR and NC by simply shreddng everything at close range, and the VS by locking down doorways.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11684 on: June 01, 2015, 01:56:27 am »

HAs are no slower than any other class excepting LA, provided they don't use their shield. An HA not using its shield has the exact same survivability as any other class. In a situation where the HA cannot use its ability, the other classes abilities aren't going to be terribly useful either -- if an engineer can sit stationary at its turret, the HA can also activate its shield.

LMGs > SMGs, Carbines. Therefore HA > LA, Engineer, Infiltrator.

Medic is a bit different, as the ARs can be superior to LMGs in some situations, and the medic's ability is helpful in every situation with no drawback.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.
Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 826