Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1073457 times)

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Anyone who hasn't signed up for the beta is going to miss out on a great thing.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I've signed up, but I fear my PC may not run it.  I've only seen videos of the developer-rig people playing it, so I have no idea how it will run on a casual computer.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have to say, I'm greatly looking forward to this. With kids, it's hard to justify a monthly cost for a game, when playtime can be so limitied, and I loved the first planetside, so I'm actually quite excited this is FtP.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

I am so hyped for this it is silly. I wish I had gotten into Planetside 1 when it was a thing.
I will love to play an infiltrator sneaky bastard with a few friends, going around causing havoc and slipping away unseen giggling like maniacs.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

You've been able to sign up for the beta for a while, but they're not taking many people yet.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm with you Aptus!  Dwarven Sudden Explosions task force shall be formed!  Infiltrators specializing in long-term cloaking and high explosives, doing nothing more than running into enemy bases, throwing ALL the bombs, and running out.  Griefing, with beards.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

Dwarven Sudden Explosions Task Force DSETF tactical handbook, 9th edition (The last 8 were blown up.)

1: Scenario: You need to capture a lightly defended enemy stronghold.
Course of action: Copious amounts of explosives!

2: Scenario: You need to capture a heavily defended enemy stronghold, they have air superiority and you have no support.
Course of action: Sneak in and apply copious amounts of explosives!

3: Scenario: Our home base is under attack and will soon be overrun.
Course of action: Apply copious amounts of explosives at the home base, then sneak into the staging area of the enemy and use copious amounts of explosives!

4: Scenario: You find yourself piloting a galaxy aircraft.
Course of action: Fill the aircraft with copious amounts of explosives, crash it into the nearest enemy and sneak away!

And remember the ground rule: If you think you have applied enough explosives to the target, apply some more!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Dwarven Explosives And Tactical Hazards (DEATH) squad?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Dwarf Ordinance Redistribution(or something else, can't think of a good one for R) Force?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

...Maybe just stick to B12?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Dwarven Ordinance Overcomes Resistance? DOOR

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If anything, I'd think a bureaucratic name would be best.  "Ordinance Delivery and Distribution" sounds like some sort of supply task force that delivers ammo to soldiers, but it's actually a large gun.  The "delivery" is "mach 5 out of the barrel" and "distribution" is "everyone everywhere."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

By the looks of the poll we'll be fighting for the Vanu. Either way, I don't see any problems in B12 specializing in causing massive explosive death.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

So when beta arrives we will agree on a server, form a Vanu spec ops team caller B12 with tons of explosives and beards and run around causing mayhem Dwarf Fortress style? I agree on this idea down to the very core. :D
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Why Vanu?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 826