Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 806 807 [808] 809 810 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1073227 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #12105 on: July 07, 2016, 07:27:03 pm »

I've seen attempts to do so. The result is... quite toxic.

Apparently, the hate for Tomcats is real, I've already seen a report of someone getting teamkilled for using them. Once I get some certs up, I'm going to equip them because I really love using weapons that really piss people off. That's why I got the smoke launcher and attached it to my AMR-66 though I rarely get to use it much.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12106 on: July 07, 2016, 08:05:21 pm »

I've seen attempts to do so. The result is... quite toxic.
Even more reason to shout over them then.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12107 on: July 07, 2016, 08:05:34 pm »

I love providing CAS but it leaves me with near zero options for defending myself, and when 90% of the craft I see are made for dogfighting it can get disheartening. That being said, I love Valkyries more than anything. They control like a helicopter and can get stuck in trees.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12108 on: July 08, 2016, 12:53:53 am »

Gatecrasher suicide Flash squad is go?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12109 on: July 08, 2016, 01:13:52 am »

They've added scopes to faction-specific pistols.
It only took, what... 3 years?

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12110 on: July 08, 2016, 01:52:16 am »

Sad news, they finally shut down the planetside one server last Friday

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12111 on: July 08, 2016, 06:16:19 am »

and still no nerfs to dildars

thanks, dbg

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12112 on: July 10, 2016, 07:50:23 am »

thanks, dbg

Not sure what a "dildar" is, so I don't know why it'd need a nerf.

Unrelated, but apparently you can get Marksman ribbons with AT mines. I've gotten two so far this way.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12113 on: July 10, 2016, 10:19:52 am »

thanks, dbg

Not sure what a "dildar" is, so I don't know why it'd need a nerf.
It's the second infiltrator tool that was added in a while back. Recon darts shoot a dart that makes obvious pulses on the map able to be seen within a hex or so, has limited ammo, reveals people as if they were shooting, and lasts for a short period of time. Dildars are placed like medic shields and basically acts as a wall hack, has unlimited ammo(?), and reveals everyone in a large radius on the map as if they were spotted. It can only be seen on the map pretty much after it's already seen you, and it's much more subtle. Good luck trying to sneak up on anyone ever.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12114 on: July 10, 2016, 10:22:51 am »

Oh, those things. Every time I try using one, it's quickly found and destroyed... and so am I. Never realized it was overpowered.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12115 on: July 10, 2016, 10:29:16 am »

If you look at the map once in a while you'll probably see the people coming for you long before they know your exact position. Sitting on top of your dildar won't help, unless you're into that kinda thing.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12116 on: July 10, 2016, 12:32:12 pm »

The portable wallhacks part just really annoys me. As if it wasn't hard enough to feel like you're actually contributing to the game, you can't even flank people most of the time.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12117 on: July 10, 2016, 05:48:43 pm »

I started playing again after 6 months, and I'm really impressed with how they've managed to make the spawn screen even worse.

Also, it's damn hard to remember how to aim.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12118 on: July 10, 2016, 08:32:37 pm »

Probably the thing that improved my aim the most was turning my mouse DPI down from 5000 DPI to about 1000 DPI, and turning in-game sensitivity from 4-something closer to 1.8
Even though my mouse surface is pretty tiny I feel I can aim significantly better now.

Either that or play TR or use TR-like guns.

I wish I had time to play this at prime time like I used to.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12119 on: July 10, 2016, 09:24:49 pm »

It's more that the Lightning has potato cannons which require both a lot of leading and tons of compensation for bullet drop. Takes a while to get a feel for them again...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.
Pages: 1 ... 806 807 [808] 809 810 ... 826