Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 810 811 [812] 813 814 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1073328 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #12165 on: July 27, 2016, 12:42:05 pm »

Its easier to build a squad and get crap done than it is to give the zerg tactics beyond where the target is.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12166 on: July 27, 2016, 03:11:31 pm »

I remember NC made a base like that a few weeks ago when I last played. A squad planned to build a HIVE basically on TR's doorstep in a mountain with sort of narrow, deep craters in it. We spend 30-60 minutes building it up perfectly without TR noticing, waiting for everything to be all set to put the HIVE down in the perfect spot.

And then a random Brazilian guy joins the squad and puts the HIVE in a completely random spot right at the edge of the base with the least amount of defenses.
Seriously.

Luckily TR was either braindead or distracted because for about 2-3 hours we had little to no resistance at all. The base was still standing by the time I logged out.
I'm used to NC being the braindead ones...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12167 on: July 27, 2016, 03:13:47 pm »

We should set a date/time for a bay12 play session. I enjoy this game the most when running around with friends

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12168 on: July 27, 2016, 03:17:34 pm »

I remember NC made a base like that a few weeks ago when I last played. A squad planned to build a HIVE basically on TR's doorstep in a mountain with sort of narrow, deep craters in it. We spend 30-60 minutes building it up perfectly without TR noticing, waiting for everything to be all set to put the HIVE down in the perfect spot.

If that was Hossin, that was the exact same spot, only this time actually done correctly. Funnily enough, there were some Brazilians taunting us when we first approached. At least, I think they were taunting us. I don't really understand Spanish, but think one of them called us Spongebob.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12169 on: July 27, 2016, 03:27:42 pm »

Escuze me it's Portugese not Spanish. =p
But seriously, no this wasn't Hossin, it was on Amerish. I just remember it was within sight of a base turret nearby and someone would occasionally hop on the base turret and shoot us, but nobody put in an actual squad-level effort to stop us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12170 on: July 31, 2016, 07:08:10 am »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12171 on: July 31, 2016, 07:56:33 am »

An infiltrator not farming people at a vehicle pad? Strange.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12172 on: July 31, 2016, 08:45:23 am »

He may have been long gone, the motion spotter expired shortly after taking the screenshot.

Plus, that particular terminal is hard to hit with a sniper rifle - you'd need to be on the opposite side of the base practically. It's easier to camp with an SMG-pistol or crossbow using Stalker cloak.

One counter I've found for someone using a close-range Stalker camp is to quickly get in a radar-equipped Flash before they can kill you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12173 on: September 07, 2016, 06:08:02 pm »

Double-post super bump.

They released an update today. Biggest change is a lot of starter gear was buffed and all of the starter guns get free accessories to start. The starter carbine that LAs and engineers use get the laser sight free and pre-equipped, so I'm expecting a bunch of idiots with lasers running around. All vehicle weapons get the 1.25x zoom attachment free(it was 1 cert before, if I recall).

A couple of already-instakill attacks got a slight damage buff due to a new shield enhancer item everyone can get.

Infiltrators get a new cloak field called the Chameleon that removes the visible effects if taking shield damage(was on nano-armor cloak, not anymore) and also restores their cloak energy if their shields are destroyed. Instead of suppressing shield visibility, the nano-armor cloak field now increases shield health even while inactive.

Fucking ESFs get another buff: Auto-repair module activates faster, was 12 second delay, now 8 seconds. Also, if the pilot is an engineer, they automatically get the benefit of the first level Auto-repair if one is not equipped. The Vanu Light PPA ESF-gun got a ridiculous buff - indirect splash damage is now a minimum of 25(I don't know how much HP a player has, 500?), was 1, and a bigger splash radius. Coyote missiles were nerfed, 25% less damage, though the previously-nerfed-to-oblivion A2A missiles now have a better turn rate.

ANTs no longer equip the mineral radar as an item - it is given automatically and the first rank is free(if anyone bought it like I did, certs are refunded).

And finally, Victory Points needed for a continent lock are now 20, instead of 15. Also, the VPs for holding territory a recalculated differently. Factions start with some VPs when a continent unlocks and it goes from there(and may be uneven due to uneven territory distribution).

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12174 on: September 07, 2016, 06:16:54 pm »

Also, if the pilot is an engineer, they automatically get the benefit of the first level Auto-repair if one is not equipped.

Fucking why? ... and why can't my tank do that?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12175 on: September 07, 2016, 07:47:43 pm »

Wait.
I thought engineers always had had that effect on all the vehicles?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12176 on: September 07, 2016, 07:52:27 pm »

Nope. I've always had to park somewhere to repair. I did equip my Lightning with Auto-repair, but my engineer class never did that.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12177 on: September 07, 2016, 09:04:11 pm »

I'm confused about why they made engies auto-repair ESFs... is it to encourage people to use engy instead of LA while farming dog fighting hover fighting honorably dueling?

The changes to newbie gear is also a little strange if only because it's come a fair bit too late. The game's nearly 4 years old now.

Also, if I recall correctly, everyone has 500 health and 500 shields for a total of 1000 'health', with the exception of infiltrators who only get 400 shield (which is still fairly high for a class that can eliminate all your health in one shot before they've decloaked on your screen...)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12178 on: September 07, 2016, 10:05:28 pm »

Probably, yeah. Always saw lots of that crap, people so lacking in confidence that they pack a way to escape from the burning wreckage instead of a way to fix up their vehicle after they escape. Well, that and the assholes that bail to deny you the kill points. Good step in the right direction.

The Vanu ESF PPA desperately needed buffing, all it was good for was splashing infantry but it sucked at that. The projectiles are too slow and weak to be useful against anything else, and the rockets did more damage to infantry, so it was basically just something to swap to when your rockets were reloading... if for some reason you didn't run the general or AA guns. Not that those were much better, but they at least worked against aircraft that were farther than 5m away.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #12179 on: September 08, 2016, 08:40:00 am »

The Vanu ESF PPA desperately needed buffing, all it was good for was splashing infantry but it sucked at that.

Hahahaha nope. I've been on the receiving end that bloody thing enough times to confirm it's brutally effective against infantry. I can't count the number of times I've had to pull a burster MAX to counter those.

The changes to newbie gear is also a little strange if only because it's come a fair bit too late. The game's nearly 4 years old now.

Veteran players who haven't unlocked the stuff for whatever reason got it too.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.
Pages: 1 ... 810 811 [812] 813 814 ... 826