Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1073611 times)

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #12285 on: September 07, 2017, 06:32:10 pm »

Apparently they're doing a public test tomorrow for a major new update. Looks like they're changing continent lock mechanics, and one of the developers, known for his mohawk, will be dyeing his mohawk to the color of the faction that wins(currently, he's rocking NC blue).
Proof of NC Dev Bias

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12286 on: September 07, 2017, 07:11:07 pm »

All you have to is read the faction descriptions in the character builder to prove that. :V
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12287 on: September 07, 2017, 07:57:44 pm »

Honestly though, I prefer fighting the NC. Actually, I've noticed a lot of TR(and some VS) prefer fighting the NC. Mostly because fighting the VS generally involves being on the receiving end of rectal violation.

Also, I'm now only 20 kills away from Auraxing the T5 AMC. It only took like 8 months.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12288 on: September 07, 2017, 11:38:51 pm »

Mostly because the TR are never around when I'm on, last I'd played. They're off in the bushes or somethin.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12289 on: September 08, 2017, 04:15:55 am »

On Miller (EU), the VS almost always has the lowest pop, which is why NC and TR like to gang up on VS. :p

I still prefer fighting NC, though,
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12290 on: September 27, 2017, 05:27:25 pm »

Update: The Critical Mass update is here.

The main bit about this update is a change to HIVEs: Once a faction has refined enough cortium through constructed HIVEs, it triggers an alert. If the triggering faction wins the alert, the continent locks and everything explodes in a hail of orbital fire. Players in the winning faction receive a reward of ISO-4, the resource used to upgrade implants, as well as a random skin or boost item(these are normally cash-shop items). Actual size/quality of the reward appears to be based on both how well the faction does, and participating in at least a certain amount of time of the alert.

New crap:
NSX Daimyo - a semi-auto sniper rifle with the damage of a bolt-action. Because that is a brilliant idea.

Ambusher Jump Jets - Light Assault jets that launch you forward. Instead of recharging fuel, it has a cooldown between uses. The Aerial Combatant R5 implant resets cooldown with a kill.

Repair Grenade - Engineer item, emits a repair field that restores 50 health/second over 12 seconds. It stick to vehicles. No idea if it sticks to MAXes.

The rest of the patch notes mention a lot of vehicle rebalancing - the next few paragraphs are a slight mess, sorry. Tanks no longer take extra side damage - shooting the sides(and top) is the same as shooting the front. Shooting the rear or bottom now does double damage. Liberators take 50% damage on the bottom like the Valkyrie does, making them more resistant to ground fire. Liberator weapon damage has been nerfed - their intent is to make them more damage-over-time weapons than dive-bombers. Liberator noseguns now all can swivel while ADS(like the Spur). Valkyries, well technically any vehicles with multiple rumble seats but Valk is the only one, can only be repaired by one engineer in the rumble seats at a time(as opposed to all of them repairing). Valk weapons have been buffed.

ESF guns have been buffed against non-ESFs, possible slight nerf against other ESFs. A2A lockon missiles have a lower magazine size(2 missiles), but slightly higher effectiveness against ESFs(possibly, notes not clear). Hornets have some of their previous nerf reversed, especially towards tanks.

Overall, anti-vehicle infantry weapons have been slapped about. Rockets are faster to reload and fire, but do less damage. All G2A lockons use the "flak" type damage for their splashes, so infantry cannot be harmed by splash damage anymore - this includes the "Locklet" ammo for the Rocklet Rifle(that nobody uses if I recall). Lock on ranges are reduced, but lockon speeds are increased. Against infantry, only the Decimator can now one-shot infantry. The Archer gained damage versus tanks, but loses some against MAXes(they claim that anti-MAX is still its hat). C4 can still two-shot an MBT, but one C4 does not do 80% damage - patch notes claim that "accuracy" is needed for C4ing vehicles(possibly sticking them on the rear is now important).

The faction-specific anti-infantry turret weapons(Harasser/MBT secondary) have all gained the ability to damage armored vehicles. The Kobalt has not. I can't tell if changes were made to the other weapons in this category or if the patch notes are simply defining their role. Faction-specific AT turreted weapons have been defined by range. Vulcan(TR)/Mjolnir(NC)/Aphelion(VS) are close range, Enforcer(NC)/Saron(VS) are mid-range, Gatekeeper(TR) is long range. Gatekeeper has been changed so that instead of a stream of fire, it now fires 8 shots in one burst then reloads.

Tank armor equipment has been removed and refunded, a new Flanker armor has been added to resist C4. AP cannons have the highest shell velocity and damage-per-shot. HEAT reloads faster. HESH has more damage, but lower shell velocity and slower reload, also they're calling it HESH now(was HE). The Lightning's default C75 is more powerful but suffers from recoil spread. Vanguard Shields are renamed, and now reduce damage instead of provide more health. Composite Armor items for non-tanks still exist, and now simply add more health when equipped rather than reduce damage. There is also now a Vehicle Damage exp bonus for damaging ground vehicles as infantry, similar to the Air Deterrence bonus.

Infantry/MAX armor equips now provide a flat 20% to damage, adding more things they provide damage reduction to each rank(includes previous ranks as well):
For infantry R1 - small arms. R2 - HMGs(Kobalt?). R3 - Gatling guns. R4 - soft-point guns. R5 - anti-materiel rifles. Because you really want to spend all those certs on reducing Archer damage, don't you?
For MAX R1 - most explosions(by 50% not 20%). R2 - infantry rockets. R3 - AT mine/C4 explosions(also by 50% not 20%). R4 - tank shells. R5 - light anti-tank and A2G explosions.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12291 on: September 27, 2017, 06:14:42 pm »

NSX Daimyo - a semi-auto sniper rifle with the damage of a bolt-action. Because that is a brilliant idea.
Good, because snipers didn't already piss me off in every game ever before. =/
...they're calling it HESH now(was HE).
Two things: one, thanks for making me aware of that BBcode I've never knew about before. Two: any reason why they decided to change the name? In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really impact gameplay, but it is kinda weird considering HESH rounds in reality are for armor "penetration", just as HEAT is for armor penetration, not making large explosions like normal HE rounds. (E: Apparently I'm reading that HESH does as much damage to armor as AP/APFSDS rounds do while retaining the massive infantry-farming explosion radius? If that's the case.... then why?)

The other stuff I don't really know about. I've been out of the loop for a while so I'm not sure how much any of that would impact anything, really.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 06:31:10 pm by OzyTheSage »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12292 on: September 27, 2017, 06:46:30 pm »

Note about the Daimyo: It's only does significant damage one headshot, it's damage is crap otherwise. To test in VR, it took 5 bodyshots at an infiltrator bot at ~75m to kill(infils have less shield), but one headshot at ~100m.

Also participated in a (winning - go TR) capture alert. After taking roughly 45% of the map, a 30-minute alert started. We still had 39% by the end. I did run into a bad bug where the alert timer read 0:00 for me, though according to other players there was still 5:40 left. Not sure what caused it, but I did have to alt-tab out to investigate a major frame loss(it was Steam updating, go figure). I was received an amount of ISO-4(didn't check how much) and some lights for my Harasser.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12293 on: September 27, 2017, 07:52:04 pm »

So what was HE is no longer for spam infantry killing?  That... is probably a good thing for removing that, since it's obnoxious in certain places (also cough cough Prowler), and leads to AP/HEAT/HESH having tactical difference but still all good against armored targets?  Am I reading this right?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12294 on: September 27, 2017, 08:07:27 pm »

I think HE(SH) is still supposed to be good for infantry, because it does have the largest splash radius. It just has a longer reload time, meaning you have to pick your shots.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12295 on: September 27, 2017, 09:55:31 pm »

AP/HEAT/HESH having tactical difference but still all good against armored targets?

Depends on your definition of "good", of course. Until AP stops one shotting infantry, I still see no reason to take any other weapon.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12296 on: September 28, 2017, 03:44:28 am »

HESH is for groups, AP is for sniping. Also, Lightning AP seemed fine in a tank battle we had vs the NC. Also, the Vanny cheat shield seemed a lot more fair (they had to use it much earlier, otherwise they still died). Also, Redditside was really toxic the first day, now it seems people have calmed down a bit. Also, air game is around 30% noobs, 50% BR100+ air vets, and 20% guys like me (decent, so cream the first group and get slaughtered by the second).
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12297 on: October 02, 2017, 01:58:36 pm »

Most of those changes sound shit, but finally nerfing the God shield makes up for it

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12298 on: October 05, 2017, 04:48:36 pm »

They pushed out a quick hot-fix. The new continent-lock alerts are 45 minutes long now(was 30). Flak has two distinct burst ranges, a 5m inner range and 8m outer range, apparently to fix a bug with damage against moving vehicles. Sunderer Ranger and Skyguard have had their maximum indirect damage buffed, 15->20 and 20->25 respectively.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12299 on: October 07, 2017, 05:55:37 pm »

Skyguard still feels underpowered for a dedicated AA platform that costs 350 resources... and this is coming from a pilot-skyguarder-infrantryman. I can generally shrug off a lone Skyguard, haven't been killed by one since the update. And not many kills with one, either (though admittedly I've barely pulled it).
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 826