Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1073383 times)

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Changed the poll to a "what is your group role" poll. Go ahead and vote while Europe descends beyond twilight.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bay12.  First battalion to accidentally capture a friendly structure.

... To death.

Who says it has to be accidental?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Hopefuly the last option will be the most voted.

Bay12.  First battalion to accidentally capture a friendly structure.

... To death.

Who says it has to be accidental?

"There were no enemies nearby, so we accidentally the base"
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 05:30:24 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

We accidentally the continent.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Somebody should send a mail to SoE with a link to this thread just for the lols. Nobody in beta yet, but im sure we already broke something.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a contact at SOE, let me see what I can do!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Blizzlord, you may want to change the thread tile, since the F2P discussion seems to have ended.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Count me interested. I'd love to play PS2, especially with a Bay12 outfit. Free to Play means I've got nothing to lose in trying it out. I already have one or more SOE accounts I've made for their other MMOs (not that I've been dreadfully impressed with them, even the first Planetside, which was in its twilight days when I played a free trial).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NC probably fits the least fluff-wise.  They're rugged individualists with a focus on personal rights and capitalism.  Dwarves (at least of the DF variety) always struck me as a kind of malevolent communist hive-mind.  They're probably the best fit crunch-wise though.

TR fits a bit better, but their goals seem too rational for the average dwarven community.

VS is a group using bizarre mechanisms they don't understand while commanded by an unseen, disembodied alien presence ordering them to wipe out all other civilization for unknown and incomprehensible reasons.  The only other group I've seen that's as analogous to DF dwarves is the Space Pirates (replace phazon with magma, phazite with adamantium, tubes with aqueducts, mother brain with the player, metroids with an appropriately deadly creature that you'd be better off not taming but try to tame anyway, and science with !!SCIENCE!! and compare the tenancies to build nigh-impregnable fortresses that are undone by cool but unnecessary architecture and always having a self-destruct lever somewhere).

As for class, I figure I'll have to play a bit before I find what I'm good at.  I've found that with class systems while I  develop a few favorites I tend to at least learn most of the essential roles and pick whatever the team's lacking.

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd say TR fits the least, they just seem too "disciplined" and "sane", where as VS is a bunch of mad scientists and NC is manly men with large explosives.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I'd say your poll is a bit slanted though.  Engineer and Pilot/Driver are two different things.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thats right, maybe separated driver/engineer thing.
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

You know, once you start playing, do you really think we'll see any of the game's lore cropping up? I thought that in the first planetside it was nonexistent outside of the tutorial zone.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I learned there was lore after about 3 week of playing when it was brought in the chat eh... ( in PS1 tho )

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm assuming that the main purpose of the lore is to add a bit of flavor to the trash talk.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 826