Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1072280 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Yeah, from everything I've seen there is no lore.  I mean, yeah there is, but no one cares.  The focus has been on gameplay, not on story.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm assuming that the main purpose of the lore is to add a bit of flavor to the trash talk.

Exactly. It's the exact same thing as in Tribes: Ascend. Nobody gives a crap about the tribes, their only purpose is to enable the players to refer to the opposing team with derogatory nicknames like "sand rakers" and "butchers".

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So wait, are we going to be Vanu or NC? I'd prefer the latter. In any case, anti-air/anti-infantry heavy weapons man reporting in.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Vanu won the vote, NC apparently won the max-whatsit aesthetics contest, leading the threadmaker to unilaterally decide NC for the second poll thing. No love for the ninjacrab.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd prefer NC as well. Vanu always felt a bit elven to me. Maybe have them as an alternative outfit in case the NC start outnumbering the others too much.

For the role, I'd prefer to wait until the game comes out to decide.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Changed thread title, separated engineer and driver in poll and added infiltrator as a choice.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

As you will be limited to joining one faction per server, but with multiple servers, I'd suggest we pick one server for each faction.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

For the role, I'd prefer to wait until the game comes out to decide.
Same here. I'll probably pick either heavy weapons or infiltrator.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

I'd be tempted to say I'll go with the infiltrator and deck myself out as a sniper. Since there is a headshot mechanic I might be able to do very well, if of course the hit detection is at least as good as TF2's.
(And many people think TF2's is bad, I do fine with it even if it frustrates me on occasion)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I'll play scout.
Always loved fast/ambush classes.
You can count on me.

EDIT:

I'm just hoping like hell that microtransactions wont be game-breaking/P2W, but more like those in tf2.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Have we any reliable system requirements yet?

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

Have we any reliable system requirements yet?

I'd say it definatly requires a reliable system.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh. Sounds like my main system won't cut it, but the family computer might. I dunno what I'll play, I'd have to try things first. Maybe a pilot/driver, maybe a MAX, I dunno.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Used to be a galaxy pilot, until I got a shell to the knee.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile

If we have a Bay12 Outfit, then I would love to be the kind of Combat Infiltrator dude. Stabby stabby is kinda my thing :P
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 826