Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1073393 times)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3375 on: October 20, 2012, 02:18:39 am »

How much money do you have, what are your specs, and what do you expect from your card are some good starting points.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: October 20, 2012, 02:27:34 am »

Any of the GTX series in or past the 500s should do you well enough.
I guess anything is better than the current 9500 Geforce I've got in there now.
So the next question is, is there any advantage to SLA bridging two or even three together?  Apart from the expense, of course, but does it help from a processing point of view?

There's a lot of people saying that Moore's Law is coming to an end as computer hardware reaches the limits of macro-scale physics. Until they start inventing atom-scale or quantum computers (or just making larger or higher clocked computers with better heat support the norm), anything made within the last few years should be staying near the peak of performance.
Yeah, "the reign of copper/silicon is coming to an end" is what I've been hearing for a while now.

So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: October 20, 2012, 02:50:23 am »

I have no idea, having never tried it myself. I hear a lot of people rant and rave about it, though, so I presume it's worth it if you're willing to shell out for it. I don't have but a single card, though, and I do perfectly fine, so it's certainly not necessary. It's pretty cool to be able to say that your GPUs alternate pixels to draw, though. If you're trying to be frugal but still be able to do what you want, though, it's mostly just a matter of whether you think you'll be playing 'Shinython Ultrares Super Lighting 3' on ultra-max graphics settings and spawning 1,000,000 props into the 100 square kilometer world or not.
Nothing important here, move along.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: October 20, 2012, 03:40:36 am »

I just wish it had a consistent FPS. Some sessions it really dips others it's fine. Then again tanks are a sure fire way of hurting FPS it seems.

Any of the GTX series in or past the 500s should do you well enough. There's a lot of people saying that Moore's Law is coming to an end as computer hardware reaches the limits of macro-scale physics. Until they start inventing atom-scale or quantum computers (or just making larger or higher clocked computers with better heat support the norm), anything made within the last few years should be staying near the peak of performance.
Memristors could help too with them being combinable into much smaller transistors.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: October 20, 2012, 03:58:11 am »

Sorry I can't play with you guys. Different factions and all that.

The name's MoltenSlag if you ever care to not send a bullet my way, though. I'm a Terran.
The TR are nice guys.
I bet the wordfilter replaces "bitches" with "vanu".

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: October 20, 2012, 04:28:27 am »

Sorry I can't play with you guys. Different factions and all that.

The name's MoltenSlag if you ever care to not send a bullet my way, though. I'm a Terran.
The TR are nice guys.
I bet the wordfilter replaces "bitches" with "vanu".
I think bitch is bullets. Incidentally, "Vagina" becomes "Vanu Sovereignty", "Pussy" becomes "Terran Republic", and "Cunt" becomes "New Conglomerate". VS gets the medical term, NC gets the most offensive one and TR is in between. Kinda makes sense if you think about it.

...I was holding a base. I was bored.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: October 20, 2012, 12:35:12 pm »

I am in game and hoping for an invite. name: HJay
Only a simple mind can be certain.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: October 20, 2012, 12:46:44 pm »

Alright, i'll come on.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: October 20, 2012, 01:04:53 pm »

The good news is that I am in. The bad is that the game ctd 2x right after. Annoying bugs aside I have been having a lot of fun. If they ever manage to get rid of warping and enemies that just disappear I will never play any other FPS shooter.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: October 20, 2012, 01:24:42 pm »

The good news is that I am in. The bad is that the game ctd 2x right after. Annoying bugs aside I have been having a lot of fun. If they ever manage to get rid of warping and enemies that just disappear I will never play any other FPS shooter.
This so much.
Optimize + fix CTD's = wininfinity

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: October 20, 2012, 01:31:18 pm »

So I've been playing Planetside since launch on and off, and I'm a pretty good pilot. Just got the PS2 beta.  Logged in, and over to an air terminal, picked up a mosquito thinking "OMG this looks so awesome... time to be a badass!"  Start flying, and immediately start yelling "Oh shit!  OH SHIT!!! AWWW PISS!" After a crashed into a tree 15 seconds after takeoff.  It would seem the flight controls are a lot more complicated in PS2 =p
I like to think that on the other side of the world a human is walking on the beach, notices the water level suddenly drop twenty feet, and whispers "fucking dwarves."

"The cows seem to lose bowel control when launched... I consider this a feature."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: October 20, 2012, 01:32:49 pm »

Yeah, there are keys to ascend/descend.
We could use a good guy for air support tough.
As you may know, we are playing on thebe as NC, if you want in the outfit, tell us your IGN.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: October 20, 2012, 02:55:34 pm »

I'll be in after this 36mb patch. As far as I can tell it's all for this?

We'll be pushing a hotfix tonight, when the servers are down, with the following fixes:

Fix to the passive Cert gain rate
    Miscellaneous cleanup to the Cert pricing and weapon availability
    Fix to vehicle weapon purchasing
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: October 20, 2012, 04:08:57 pm »

I am a good Galaxy pilot and am getting decent at tactical insertions. I am working the certs for it as well to add survivability but the big thing always needed are scouts to let us know if we need to land away from the bases or if the guns are down. I see most Galaxy(that don't explode right away) deaths occur because the pilot tried to land at a base that had guns manned.

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: October 20, 2012, 04:46:22 pm »

Seems like the Galaxy Gunship isn't the king of the battlefield anymore.  Sad =(

In PS1 they had more armor than a Vanguard and were three times as mean. 
I like to think that on the other side of the world a human is walking on the beach, notices the water level suddenly drop twenty feet, and whispers "fucking dwarves."

"The cows seem to lose bowel control when launched... I consider this a feature."
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 826