Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1086420 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The shredder doesn't get enough credit, honestly. It can also be a decent surprise for any aircraft attacking the lib if the pilot is good enough to give the gunner an angle on the attacker.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I hate that thing, and I've encountered it only once. We captured the crater on Indar somehow and it was relatively lightly defended, then two liberators showed up, atleast one was packing the Zephyr. The next 15 minutes were spent respawning, peeking out of cover to maybe shoot the bastards and getting blown to bits within seconds. The AA turrets were promptly destroyed, as was the sundie camping the meteor itself. After a while I just gave up and went elsewhere.

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Feels good to actually play- was rolling with the goons on a push in Indar.

I knew it was a good sign when I nailed a lightning with my initial drop pod.  Death from above!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

This game is devolving into spawn camping and the Crown half of the time.

They really need to rework the bases and spawning. Spawns should be spread throughout the base, not placed in a single spot to facilitate spawn camping. There should also be ways to avoid aircraft, such as large buildings packed together so they get in the way, and a larger number of entrances. Spawns should be diverse, so if a pilot is camping one, they have to be on their toes rather than camping another spawn that's the same as the last fifty he's been camping.

Otherwise, you get every vehicle in the attacking swarm just sitting around watching the spawn entrances, clicking occasionally for an easy 100 points.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's just that aircraft have it relatively easy to camp a spawn. I feel it's gradually changing though, more and more burstersmaxes are popping up, especially near spawnpoints. This is a great deterrent for the light aircraft podders.
Besides if the enemy has gotten to the point they can surround the spawn they have pretty much conquered the facility.

Only with liberators this can be achieved in seconds, so it all comes down to air superiority. Wich is a problem because A2A missles turn air superiority into a numbers game since it requires little to no effort for the one launching the missles. Hence zergs always win...
At least in an aerial zerg you can expect a chuckle when you see nubs crashing into their own birds I suppose.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I hate that thing, and I've encountered it only once. We captured the crater on Indar somehow and it was relatively lightly defended, then two liberators showed up, atleast one was packing the Zephyr. The next 15 minutes were spent respawning, peeking out of cover to maybe shoot the bastards and getting blown to bits within seconds. The AA turrets were promptly destroyed, as was the sundie camping the meteor itself. After a while I just gave up and went elsewhere.

Yeah, but there's no middle ground. Libs are either completely useless or incredibly powerfull.

E:
Oh, and a rework totally isn't happening. Cash is flowing right now, so they're probably scared that if they change it will stop.

E2:
Plus, there will be enough whining to cause an earthquake of 6 on the Richter scale.

Plusplus, defending a base you have yet to cap but basically won already will be much harder.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 12:30:45 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Yeah, if you've got a bunch of vehicles sitting around the spawn doors, that means one thing: You already have control and are waiting for the base to flip. Granted, more diverse spawns would be very nice in Biolabs. Hell, just two spawn rooms would be good. I have also been noticing the proliferation of burstermaxes, and it seems like every time air clusters up a dozen people pull maxes and drive them off. Works, more or less, though it's an inelegant way to balance things.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spawns should be spread throughout the base, not placed in a single spot to facilitate spawn camping. There should also be ways to avoid aircraft, such as large buildings packed together so they get in the way, and a larger number of entrances.
Like Flying Dice said, spawn camping only happens if a base is already lost. If the base can be kept, the camp will be broken from the inside or outside.
Ways to avoid aircraft: anti-aircraft. Teamwork is a requirement in a game as big as this. If there's an aircraft raining death and no-one's stopping it, it deserves those kills.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Something I always forget: the spawn rooms of Biolabs, Amp Stations, and Tech Plants all have a second story, with balconies overlooking each of the doors. Most people don't seem to realize these exist, which makes them a great way to harass and destroy spawn campers.  ;)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Something I always forget: the spawn rooms of Biolabs, Amp Stations, and Tech Plants all have a second story, with balconies overlooking each of the doors. Most people don't seem to realize these exist, which makes them a great way to harass and destroy spawn campers.  ;)
Really? Every time I see one flipped there's always at least 1 LA sitting above each second story exit waiting for people to poke out.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

People also don't seem to realize too often that if you're being spawn camped... you can spawn somewhere else... as someone said before, if you're being spawn camped, that battle is likely lost anyway, go find another.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

Spawns should be spread throughout the base, not placed in a single spot to facilitate spawn camping. There should also be ways to avoid aircraft, such as large buildings packed together so they get in the way, and a larger number of entrances.
Like Flying Dice said, spawn camping only happens if a base is already lost. If the base can be kept, the camp will be broken from the inside or outside.
Ways to avoid aircraft: anti-aircraft. Teamwork is a requirement in a game as big as this. If there's an aircraft raining death and no-one's stopping it, it deserves those kills.
A couple of well organised squads can force pilots to use guerilla tactics but you really need friendlies in the air to get rid. The problem is that there never seems to be much NC air at the front when I'm on. It could just seem this way but I've never seen friendly swarms as big or as frequently as TR followed by VS.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

Really? Every time I see one flipped there's always at least 1 LA sitting above each second story exit waiting for people to poke out.
I call guilty  :P
It's kind of the essence of the LA to kill an unsuspecting someone from above/behind...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

Holy hell, the PS2 forum has derailed into "VS NERF!" threads. Worst is that no one wants to listen to reason.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Not a nerf so much as a rework of certain things, like magriders, also magriders.

Personally, I wouldn't mind them being the most mobile MBT that also packs the craziest guns, but damn that has to come at some sort of cost (no, the lack of a turrent isn't a drawback, you get yourself a secondary and you have your damn turret). And I'd like to see that be survivability, because seriously, if it's a flying tank, it shouldn't be as tough as one that's tracked.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 826