Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1086428 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #7185 on: May 02, 2013, 03:30:55 pm »

Fixed issues with loadouts being reset after leaving VR training

Thank you.  This was a pain in the ass.

Pro tip:  this was removed from the patch notes because the fix didn't actually make it in the patch.  So watch yourself if you go into VR.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7186 on: May 02, 2013, 04:03:23 pm »

"Fixed a bug that was causing pump-action shotguns to start their chamber timer early. This will result in the below weapons having a longer delay between each shot."

Do they honestly expect people to be stupid enough to believe this? But hey, at least they're even shittier than autoshotties, and everyone's going to whine just as much about getting one shotted as they did before...

Also, you can slap the Enforcer onto the Harasser in VR, but you can't actually cert it. Way to tease, SOE.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7187 on: May 02, 2013, 06:03:40 pm »

Reaver M30 Mustang AH
        Damage per pellet reduced from 175 to 150

Because the Reaver is obviously too powerful compared to the other ESFs.
Sigh...
Again, I bet its from TR and VS players crying cause a Reaver didn't explode when they looked at it but killed them instead...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7188 on: May 02, 2013, 07:04:03 pm »

As a Phoenix pilot, how many times are you killed by the PPA or the TR's empire specific weapon? I think they're just bringing the esf es weapons in line with each other. It's much easier for me to kill ESFs with the Air Hammer than it is with the PPA. The nerf to the AH will make it worse vs esfs, but still rapes face against infantry and armor buttshots. The buff to the PPA makes it easier to get at esfs without really changing the infantry game.

As I understand it, the empire specific weapons should be anti-infantry, mostly.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7189 on: May 02, 2013, 07:18:01 pm »

So there's a patch, I download it and go to check it out, the new buggy seems interesting enough.

NOPE!

As soon as I wait out the two loading screens I am greeted with the disconnected message which automatically shuts the game down, forcing me to starti up again before trying again.

So I fire up the game again and jump into my TR char. The buggy for one is incredibly ugly, entirely too big for something that's supposed to be a nimble vehicle and is rather floaty in terms of steering, no real feeling that you're driving on solid ground or anything, it just sorta glides over terrain. Also it's terrible at jumping, and again, way too big. Maybe its armour is good, who knows, haven't tested it out in a real combat situation.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7190 on: May 02, 2013, 08:05:37 pm »

Had fairly obscene lag at times today. Admittedly it was during an Indar alert, but still. I was trialing the Phoenix and couldn't hit anything due to lag spikes as soon as the camera switched. I did get a couple ESF kills and a Liberator assist at a quieter base, and pushed back a few tanks and a Sunderer from a tower, but didn't really get to test the thing during mass fire situations. It's fun but just so sensitive to FPS that it's dangerous for my setup.

Everyone and their mother were testing the Harasser. It's a real pain to kill but doesn't seem that effective at hurting things. For how many I saw I got roadkilled twice and shot maybe three times. In return I got a whole mess of assists and couple kills on the things.

Tank play feels a little different, but still closer to how it was before than I had originally feared. AV play as a HA is still plenty viable. I tried my usual C4 + Shrike rocket and for some reason the C4 didn't detonate in the Shrike explosion. The tank still died after I detonated the C4 though, so seems it should work. Maybe you need a direct hit on the C4 now? Will probably test shortly now VR doesn't cost resources.

The resupply on rockets and grenades doesn't feel all that different from before. I was spamming Shrike missiles as fast as possible and was still full constantly. The Phoenix as well, obviously. You do notice a slight delay with the UBGL, but maybe half a second or so. Seems you resupply at the end of the firing animation instead of the end of the reloading animation. That said, it felt a little less reliable, with some slightly longer delays and a few times where there was an obvious wait as though I missed a reload opportunity and had to catch the next one. Not much of a nerf in the end.

Switching weapons as the HA did feel more clunky. The time added to equip a foregrip SAW is noticeable and somewhat painful. The reload time increase is harder to notice but still threw my timing off once or twice.

Noticed lots of MAXes playing with the new toys but none seemed any tougher to kill. Guess not that many people have bothered with the armour upgrades so far.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7191 on: May 02, 2013, 08:12:32 pm »

The nw VS anti-armor weapon... its complete crap as far as I can tell.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7192 on: May 02, 2013, 09:02:35 pm »

The nw VS anti-armor weapon... its complete crap as far as I can tell.

It matches the rest of the VS MAXes!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7193 on: May 02, 2013, 09:39:28 pm »

By the by, everyone has entered the code "MLGREPORT" right?

Free MLG logo decals for infantry and vehicles (ugly as sin), 1 hour 50% XP boost and 1 hour 50% resource gain boost.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7194 on: May 03, 2013, 12:18:07 am »

By the by, everyone has entered the code "MLGREPORT" right?

Free MLG logo decals for infantry and vehicles (ugly as sin), 1 hour 50% XP boost and 1 hour 50% resource gain boost.

Thank you sir!

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7195 on: May 03, 2013, 01:42:53 am »

Ugh!  I'll stick with my Beta decals, thanx.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7196 on: May 03, 2013, 01:54:41 am »

Ugh!  I'll stick with my Beta decals, thanx.

me too, but i can't help but collect it anyway!

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7197 on: May 03, 2013, 02:06:30 am »

Does the exp reward start right away? I'd not want to grab it in the dead of night then.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7198 on: May 03, 2013, 02:12:09 am »

No, its a regular boost, when you equip it, it starts, do it near the end of an alert.

Speaking of......In the last 1500 certs, I've probably earned about 200 certs, the rest have come from alerts, they really need to rethink this mechanic.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #7199 on: May 03, 2013, 02:35:59 am »

Yeah. It feels like the only time worth playing is during alerts.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 826