Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089457 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3180 on: October 10, 2012, 03:01:39 pm »

I need to get back in this time around too. Messaged Miauw, but he must be afk or not watching chat. Ukelele wasn't online.

Any other folks who can invite around? :)

Charname is Conall
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: October 10, 2012, 03:07:58 pm »

Ukelele is on right now. I'm trying to get on but I disconnected and now it crashes when I try to log in. I'll invite you if I get on though.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: October 10, 2012, 03:35:50 pm »

How long has the beta been out? I just got a message saying I was selected?

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: October 10, 2012, 04:11:00 pm »

I just got a message saying I was selected?
Same here. Looks like they've started letting the peasants through the gates.

On that note, am I the only one who read the full Agreement? I don't know why I bothered, but I did.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: October 10, 2012, 05:01:48 pm »

Been having some fun playing with Conall and Ukelele. I'd say the outfit's in business.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: October 10, 2012, 05:54:50 pm »

I hate to split up, but loads of people seem to be having problems with the US server. I haven't played there just yet. How laggy is it for us europeans?
It varies for me. Sometimes it's almost as good as the EU server, but other times it's even several seconds. You get shot at, run around a corner to hide, and then drop dead. Which is just unplayable. On average it's worse than the EU server, which isn't really surprising.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #3186 on: October 10, 2012, 09:02:45 pm »

I just got a message saying I was selected?
Same here. Looks like they've started letting the peasants through the gates.

On that note, am I the only one who read the full Agreement? I don't know why I bothered, but I did.

That agreement probably still contains the NDA I assume? The NDA is no longer in effect.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: October 10, 2012, 09:30:06 pm »

Oh god, just spent 5k on a reaver weapon that plain sucks, 3 ammo per magazine, its like a huge spreading shotgun (yes on an aircraft) and its hard as hell to hit something with it. TL;DR: Dont get it i just wasted almost all my money on that crap.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: October 11, 2012, 12:17:13 am »

WHY IS THERE EVEN A SHOTGUN FOR AIRCRAFT

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: October 11, 2012, 12:44:36 am »

Well, canister shot is used in anti-infantry roles. But it's usually found on tanks, not aircraft.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: October 11, 2012, 01:53:57 am »

Because NC think shotguns are good for everything.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: October 11, 2012, 02:04:17 am »

They could be good for everything with the right numbers behind them. It seems to me it would have to be a heck of a shotgun for only three rounds on what's basically a fighter plane though. Either that or have a ton of ammo in it's magazine before reloading.

EDIT: Hehe I think the forums server just had it's resources overpowered because the PS2 beta servers just went down and enough people went to here. I could be wrong though. My post did time out when I made it though.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:06:46 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: October 11, 2012, 02:07:49 am »

Ugh... Can't Kill anything because they seem to kill me faster...
I was ONE HIT by countless things today, Through Shield AND Heavy Armour Skill...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: October 11, 2012, 02:21:10 am »

Was it a sniper? All the 3 races/realms have access to a one shot kill headshot sniper rifle. However currently only NC has it unlocked as default. The other realms have to pay 8k Auraxium or thereabouts to unlock theirs but then they have a bit of a surprise for the NC.

It's also a bolt action rifle that requires you to drop from your scope to pull the bolt back. Meanwhile TR and VS receive a rifle by default that takes two headshots or three body shots, but it's semi-auto.

The question of whether it's fair is a valid one; and I've heard from in-game chat that NC will be receiving the same type of semi-auto rifle as their default as a means of balance.

Also as to hearing things from in-game chat; I've heard that Auraxium gain will be tied to experience point gain instead of being passive and tied to how many facilities you control on that continent. I'm not sure if I'll like that as much, and not just because my side is kicking ass on one continent and I can just go there and accumulate enough Betauraxium to test out new guns and the following is why.

I think that if they simply allowed all resource types to be 'cross continent' and divide facilities' resource payouts by the number of continents you would not see for example TR and VS be trapped inside their warpgate on a continent all day long because they don't have any resource (of any type) income to buy tanks and aircraft with to break out. (sorry for bold, it's just the meat of the idea)

Though, for that not to be an issue except VERY rarely you'd have to have more continents. With two I suppose there is a small chance that a really organized realm/race could, through exceptional division of forces, take both continents and lock their opponents inside their warpgates, which quickly become warphates due to all the /yelling going on because they can't even buy vehicles to break out.

I have yet to see that though as whenever NC owns Esamir all the NC goes there for Auraxium so they can unlock new guns and takes up 50-70% of the continent's population while the people who want to earn certs and such go to Indar to do something other than stand on a ridgeline just outside the non-enterable area and make the other realm feel bad with massive amounts of firepower.

That leaves Indar about 80% screwed for the NC because everyone is on Esamir raking in the tasty Betauraxium. I haven't seen NC be warpgated on Indar since my very first day (on Leda server) but I wouldn't doubt it may have happened when I was accumulating delicious Auraxium on the other continent. (can you view the other continent's status when away from the warpgate? That would be nice if not.)

Also, I was floating the idea in /yells around the VS warpgate and it seemed like people on both sides thought it was better on paper than Auraxium from kills. Was a lot of consensus that the current system isn't working but could be fixed in this way.

One advantage to consider of Auraxium on kills though is that when I go afk to the bathroom I'm not still earning Auraxium with my rifle pointed staring at the sky or the dirt for a few minutes. Though I've tested that and you don't seem to earn Auraxium except on the front lines already; as I sat at both the warpgate for a while and also at a base a few territories back from the front line and neither gave Auraxium income while I was there putting clothes into the laundry or some other such chore.

EDIT: I'm reading Higby's post on the changes to Auraxium gain. If they do it correctly I think their new system will be better, but we'll see I suppose. As he mentions those minor things that don't currently give XP would be a hitch in the system if they continue to not have a reward; for example spotting and transport. Those would be somewhat easy to abuse maybe though; so we'll have to see the implementation before judging I suppose. From what I've seen so far though I have some faith in these devs however.

Maybe for transport XP could be based on the number of people transported (with a bonus for squadmates?) multiplied somehow by the distance they've been moved?

For spotting maybe 1xp per enemy spotted or one larger lump sum a minute. Maybe 10xp or something. It's not as much as killing an empty Flash at 25xp, but then again that Flash might have a radar on it.

Speaking of the Flash radar; that thing takes WAY too many certs. I'd have to save up for a really long time for that one with the way I've been playing. Which admittedly is mostly helping to make (some) VS and TR cry at their warpgates (for good reason) so I'm not exactly trying for certs at the moment.

Then again it maybe the most useful part of the Flash so I guess I could be wrong about it being expensive certwise. It may just be a tad too much to be viable though. Once I determine how cert gain is away from the campfires around Esamier TR and VS warpgates I'll be in a better position to know I suppose.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 03:02:06 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: October 11, 2012, 03:03:12 am »

Can't remember, but also remember not even being able to do anything damage wise...
I remember hitting people dead on with the Vanguards Cannon and they still run, I get hit by a Magrider's and I die in one hit...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 826