Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089157 times)

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #5880 on: February 08, 2013, 02:02:34 pm »

It used to be NC and VS teamed up on TR. Really it's just because its so much easier to push North than it is to push East/West on Indar.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: February 08, 2013, 02:20:09 pm »

the vehicle killing you by falling on them glitch should be fixed.

It isn't.
It is for me.

Anyway, I reported a seemingly invulnerable guy today. A TR LA, rank 1, who took a whole carbine magazine point blank in the back, plus two knife stabs, and he didn't take a single damage. He then turned around unfazed and killed me with ease. I ragequitted.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: February 08, 2013, 02:26:33 pm »

It used to be NC and VS teamed up on TR. Really it's just because its so much easier to push North than it is to push East/West on Indar.
This is mostly due to the Warpgate positioning on Indar; North always has a large stretch of natural control because they start on a side rather than in a corner, so they have more territory to protect and thus can be more easily overrun, but at the same time their natural territory can only be reached through choke points, and the Crown tends to fall into their hands. At least that's what I've observed.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: February 08, 2013, 03:32:25 pm »

I drove a Sunder today, and managed to rumble my way over fortifications and boxes and everything.  AMP station, I think, I managed to avoid the open area and get into the cluster in the back.  Thing is built solid, and that vertical climb, my god!

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: February 08, 2013, 04:56:40 pm »

Just a quick headsup for the new guys, First Level Infantry Armour (I personally reccommend Nanoweave for all but Infiltrator, which I prefer the Shield Re-gening one), Vehicle Ammo Capacity, Vehicle Weaponry Zoom, and Infantry Tool Upgrades all cost only 1 Cert, so you should get those as soon as possible. Also the 50 Cert Medical Kits are a godsend.

And rememeber, if you need a weapon you dont own for a short term crisis, just trial it! ESFs will never see it coming when the lvl 2 guy has AA Homing missiles! XD
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 04:58:52 pm by Silent_Thunder »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: February 08, 2013, 05:34:03 pm »

Liking the Annihilator nerf. It most certainly needed it; what's the point of having faction-specific launchers at all if the NS ones are just flat-out better?

3. Run Resize Enable

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: February 08, 2013, 10:32:48 pm »

The Annihilator still is Flat-out Better.

I know that Hawk and Crow (NC) are both shorter range and slower travel time- which is useless for anti-air.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: February 09, 2013, 12:28:36 am »

Joined a clan that's fairly casual but still runs occasional PS2 ops.

Incidentally, I just made my first TR character. I know people like to talk about VS being easymode, but I can tell you one thing: I didn't go on a 10 kill spree the first time I spawned with my VS character. Even the uncerted base carbine is bloody insane as far as TTK goes. o.0

3. Run Resize Enable

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: February 09, 2013, 11:59:27 am »

I actually usually think of TR and NC as bros. Had some fun /yell-ing various jokes across the frontlines.
While I've never seen any real teaming up between any factions...
I have to say, I sort of see that. When I was playing TR during the Ultimate Empire Showdown, and we were narrowly beaten by the NC in the first round, and they were pretty cool. Hung around and chatted with us for a bit. Over a distance, of course.
Likewise on NC, I've had some pretty awesome banter with the TR guys.

Can't say I've had any memorable chat with the VS though.

I know people like to talk about VS being easymode, but I can tell you one thing: I didn't go on a 10 kill spree the first time I spawned with my VS character. Even the uncerted base carbine is bloody insane as far as TTK goes. o.0
Two things:
Yep, the TR carbine is quick and nasty. I've noticed it a lot since playing NC. No one on TR goes with anything else, it seems!
But on the other hand, the Orion is ridiculous. One on one, a Vanu Heavy Assault will always win against either a TR or NC HA.
This is coming from experience of the both sides of the barrel.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: February 09, 2013, 12:34:30 pm »

Two things:
Yep, the TR carbine is quick and nasty. I've noticed it a lot since playing NC. No one on TR goes with anything else, it seems!
But on the other hand, the Orion is ridiculous. One on one, a Vanu Heavy Assault will always win against either a TR or NC HA.

I'll have to disagree here, yet again. At a distance, maybe, but CQC it's still always to the TR (and usually NC advantage) And the Orion, IMHO, is the worst VS weapon(even the pistol is better). I hated having to use it just to be able to carry a rocket launcher. It was a pain to use accurately, has low ammo capacity per battery and despite having decent hip fire accuracy, still suffered against people who aimed down the sights.

Now, I have been killed a few times by it, but more often than not the VS that have killed me lately have been using carbines... or the trendy new thing, the underslung grenade launcher... have to hate those people that can nail you with it in the head.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: February 09, 2013, 12:46:59 pm »

Two things:

I'll have to disagree here, yet again. At a distance, maybe, but CQC it's still always to the TR (and usually NC advantage) And the Orion, IMHO, is the worst VS weapon(even the pistol is better). I hated having to use it just to be able to carry a rocket launcher. It was a pain to use accurately, has low ammo capacity per battery and despite having decent hip fire accuracy, still suffered against people who aimed down the sights.

Now, I have been killed a few times by it, but more often than not the VS that have killed me lately have been using carbines... or the trendy new thing, the underslung grenade launcher... have to hate those people that can nail you with it in the head.
You must not be using the Orion right. :P

First, don't hip-fire. That's just stupid. Always aim your shots, preferably for the area right around the neck for maximum damage. Or directly at the head in close. The VS advantage is low recoil, high accuracy; firing from the hip tosses that away. In particular, if you combine it with the high contrast scope, it becomes amazing. Reaction time goes way up, as does the ability to accurately aim at a person.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: February 09, 2013, 01:06:55 pm »

apparently the underbarrel GL is firing blank 2/3 of the time. damn annoying.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: February 09, 2013, 01:18:22 pm »

I honestly couldn't stand the Orion, and haven't used it for quite some time, not least because of the lack of a good scope. I roll with the SVA-88 and a 2x scope, which isn't available for the Orion. That aside, the 50rd battery is too small for my tastes, particularly considering that it isn't very useful anywhere but CQC. The SVA-88 actually has slightly higher recoil, but it feels like far less. The Orion is like a TR weapon in terms of RoF but without the ammo pool to back it up. Considering that when I play HA I use the LMG either for long-range suppressing fire or to hose down a room. Even with single shot sniping, I prefer the SVA.

:|

3. Run Resize Enable

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: February 09, 2013, 01:35:03 pm »

I've been wanting to go towards HA in NC.  Mainly, the default LMG has a low ROF and good recoil control, add a stabilizer barrel attachment and a foregrip, and you can probably snipe with it.  Of course, that's a bit optimistic in terms of certs, as I'm slow to gain any...  On the other hand, a higher ROF and a laser sight would work wonders for holding capture points, I'd think.  Don't bother aiming at the door, just spray fire.

Also a tip I discovered - when you're hip-fire, recoil isn't factored at all.  This means that you can aim at an enemy, fire at them, and compensate by dragging the crosshairs downwards, then as SOON as you're done firing, release BOTH mouse buttons so that you're back into hip-fire mode.  The effect is that your weapon doesn't re-compensate and aim downwards, so you can quickly flick right mouse button and start shooting again without dealing with the after-fire compensation pulling you downwards.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: February 09, 2013, 01:40:31 pm »

Of course, hipfiring with anything but an SMG or a shotgun murders your CoF.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 826