Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089971 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #6705 on: March 29, 2013, 10:20:28 pm »

Ran with Imposition tonight on Amerish and had quite a bit of fun. It was busy on Amerish, it seems- something that doesn't always happen.

Also, ridge-fighting is always fun.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6706 on: March 29, 2013, 11:44:37 pm »

So things are about to get interesting on Matherson. Seems some drama went down regarding The Enclave and AoD, the two largest TR outfits. No clue what the deal is ; and that isn't a discussion for here anyway, but the important bit is that TR numbers seem to be down quite a bit compared to before, to the point they actually got gated on Indar during primetime tonight, and barely had a pop advantage on Esamir. So if they stay the way there are, seems our neighbors to the north might soon be our biggest threat, not the TR.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: March 30, 2013, 06:23:57 pm »

sooo... I tested the Lancer in VR today, and I concluded that it is utterly worthless.

First: you cant aim down/out of sights while charging. Can be slightly annoying sometimes. And a bug: sometimes it won't charge.

Now the low, low, low damage:
You need two fully charged shots to kill a single guy. That is about 6sec TTK. Same for MAXes.
Against armor it fares a bit better. Two fully charged shots plus two non-charged to kill lightnings, MBT and ESF. Ridiculously useless against liberators. Untested against sundies and gal. Silver lining: only one fully-charged shot (or four non charged) to destroy a flash.

On the plus side, the projectile speed is super-high.

So meh, won't buy.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6708 on: March 30, 2013, 07:15:30 pm »

I'm trying to learn the aerial game.

I enjoy pulling a mosquito, sort of flying around, shooting at stuff, missing, getting shot by an AA turret, a reaver, a skyguard, a liberator, and then maybe a lock on missile or two, dying, then waiting ten minutes before I can try again.

If I want to give some jackass 400 xp over and over as fast as I possibly can, shouldn't I be able to? I don't understand why vehicles are limited by both resources and timers.

/ragequitthenwhineaboutitonforums
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6709 on: March 30, 2013, 07:24:24 pm »

Mostly to make it slightly more difficult for masses of people to keep pulling vehicles and swarming some poor facility. Though frankly I've rarely been in a situation where I need to re-pull a vehicle and can't, and I only have the first three or so timer reduction certs for the ones I use. As long as you live decently long the timer will run down and the resources recover before you need to pull again. With ESF work the name of the game is survivability; it's better to come in low and fast, get a few hits, and get out, rather than coming in slow and level, getting a kill, and then being picked off.

Also of course rocketpods and A2A missiles. They're probably the most substantial incarnation of P2W in PS2, given that ESFs are pretty much worthless without them.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: March 31, 2013, 03:10:29 am »

I'm sitting on 1300 certs right now, maybe another 200 by the time the 2x exp is over if I'm lucky. I can't decide what to get though- rank 5 Flak armor for engineer or extended clips on MAX bursters. Engineer and MAX are my specialties, I try to focus on MAX more and fall back on engineer if I somehow am stuck on timer but really I just stay engineer most of the time because I don't do much teamplay and MAX needs support to really get the most out of it. The extended magazines seem like they would be really helpful regardless, as most ESFs start flying away with just a couple shells life to spare and going solo as a burster is pretty easy/effective. That last 11% explosive resistance on engineer would be nice though...

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #6711 on: March 31, 2013, 03:19:26 am »

I got 3k XP yesterday somehow. It said it was a liberator kill with some people, but I hadn't even put anti-tank mines on any pads, let alone shot anything at the sky...
Was it my flash that was somewhere in the middle of nowhere? o.0

Is flak armor that important for engineer? I use it about a third to half the time, usually to lay down mines and fix things.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: March 31, 2013, 11:19:20 am »

At rank 3 flak you can survive an AP mine from full.   Makes it a lot easier to run from a rocket podder as well.

And honestly, the other options aren't worth much.  I guess if you love grenades or want to carry around five tank mines, you could go that route.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #6713 on: March 31, 2013, 12:30:39 pm »

I've been going nanoweave so far... >.>
That probably makes me a derp.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #6714 on: March 31, 2013, 01:23:25 pm »

You can survive one extra bullet of any damage with one rank of the armor upgrade. The fifth rank allows you to survive two extra bullets of the lowest damage.

This may not seem like much, but since most combat takes place well over 10 meters, where damage drop off begins, in practice the higher levels can help you survive quite a bit of getting shot. I've been able to feel the difference even at Rank 4. Fair warning, though: Rank 5 costs 1000 certs.

Of course, for fighting vehicles or storming explosive ridden hallways, Flak Armor is a heck of a lot more useful that a few more points of health.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6715 on: March 31, 2013, 01:40:02 pm »

I tend to only run nanoweave in smaller scale biolab fights. Ones where I know there won't be any armour or air to fight, where there won't be much in the way of grenade or rocket spam to dodge and where the mines will be in predictable places (or bugged like they are now and no threat at all).

That is to say, places where flak is totally worthless.

Nanoweave does help, but despite being universally more health, that health actually matters in far fewer situations than flak helps out. And the situations where flak does help it tends to be a huge advantage over nanoweave.

EDIT;
New use for Galaxies.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 02:46:08 pm by palsch »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6716 on: March 31, 2013, 06:11:13 pm »

I unlocked the TR rocket pods with certs. Now I get to be the oppressor.

What other necessities do I need for a mosquito? Flares? Stealth? Radar? Nanites? M18 Rotary? M14 Banshee?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6717 on: March 31, 2013, 06:19:19 pm »

Flares. After that, either A2A missiles if you can stand the grind, or the A2A primary if you can't. If the TR has anything comparable to the Light PPA, consider getting that (I get more use out of it than the photon pods).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #6718 on: April 01, 2013, 12:50:17 am »

EDIT;
New use for Galaxies.
Tried this once... it's easier to use Scythes/your faction's ASF.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6719 on: April 01, 2013, 10:05:05 am »

True, but a Galaxy falling on your head is pretty damn distracting, which is nice when you're trying to throw mines.

Speaking of falling on your head, I was on a ridge over Splitpeak Pass firing down on the occupying VS when I got splattered by a friendly drop pod.  It was too funny to be mad.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 826