Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084913 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #8160 on: July 24, 2013, 06:09:09 am »

Great so basically mines are useless now since the places you would normally plant them are narrow corridors most people run through without even looking (because otherwise they will just shoot it for extra 5 xp.

Not only that but they also animate and play a tune before going boom... it's like they wanted people to stop using AP mines altogether.

Used to be:
Boom
Oh someone placed a claymore there and i'm dead.

Will be:
Oh someone placed a claymore there but it exploded 10 meters behind me.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8161 on: July 24, 2013, 06:44:47 am »

Great so basically mines are useless now since the places you would normally plant them are narrow corridors most people run through without even looking (because otherwise they will just shoot it for extra 5 xp.

Not only that but they also animate and play a tune before going boom... it's like they wanted people to stop using AP mines altogether.

Used to be:
Boom
Oh someone placed a claymore there and i'm dead.

Will be:
Oh someone placed a claymore there but it exploded 10 meters behind me.

You say that as if it's a bad thing. IMO they should just remove them completely.

Scout Radar now only functions if the vehicle is occupied

Sheeeit. Welp, I guess I'm glad I only got the penultimate rank of it. I'd be much more pissed if I'd wasted 850 certs on it instead of only 350.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8162 on: July 24, 2013, 06:58:12 am »

Sheeeit. Welp, I guess I'm glad I only got the penultimate rank of it. I'd be much more pissed if I'd wasted 850 certs on it instead of only 350.
:'(

To be honest I got more use out of it than many other 500+ cert buys, so can't complain too much. Hadn't been pulling it nearly as much as before thanks to the resource price hike combined with my playing more Lightnings and Vanguards. But did win a low-pop biolab defence last week by being able to pull it for complete dome radar coverage, so I'll miss that.

As for the mines, I'd wait and see what the animation/sound are like before saying it's a nerf. That explosion radius increase is pretty significant and may well make up for the change. The biggest nerf is dropping mines in groups of people with the extended drop time and delay before exploding. The drop time is also going to make mining parked Sunderers even harder.

EDIT: PTS video of new mine animations. Honestly looks like the 'oh-shit' factor I usually get seeing the mine just before running over it, only now you get that on every death rather than only most of them.

Only thing I can think of is an HA might get their shields up in time to eat the blast, but HA is the only class I always run flak on anyway.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 07:06:59 am by palsch »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8163 on: July 24, 2013, 07:53:34 am »

As much as I like doing it, I think the mine time throw change is a fair way to nerf mine suiciding on sunderers.  Can we get the automatic detonation back, though?

Scout radar change... not sure.  I get they're trying to make that not obvious strategy, but now people will bitch about needing the sucker of the squad to sit in a flash somewhere so people get radar.  At least you now know where to go AFK!

Can an expert pilot explain the ESF gun changes to me?  NC, if it matters.

The Harasser armor nerf's fair- they were pretty damn stout for a buggy with that maxed out.  It's not a huge change, anyway.

Also yay for Rebel buffs.  I knew it was good ever since they changed the weapon sound on it to be a damned hand cannon.

Also, they need to make up their damn minds how the Basilisk needs to work.  It's been on a roller coaster for several updates now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8164 on: July 24, 2013, 08:44:21 am »

Stock guns

Larger magazine size.
More damage.
Lower RoF

The basic guns will be probably easier to use compared to rotaries because they will be capable of longer substained fire.

Damage fallof was added but those guns have a generous ammount starting at 200 meters.

The stock Scythe laser cannon got basically buffed.

A2A rotaries

Buffed damage (The vortek now hits for 500 per shell so have fun)
Smaller clips (since the firepower got increased by a LOT)
longer reload.
Can down other ESFs in a single clip without mag size certs.
Damage fallof (starts sooner than stock guns).

In short:

Massive buff to the scythe ESF guns.
Stock guns are now less pointless (and easier to use).
Rotaries are a bit worse at taking down (good) liberators at range.
Self promotion below.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8165 on: July 24, 2013, 09:18:41 am »

EDIT: PTS video of new mine animations.

Oooh, so the Bouncing Betty now actually, y'know, bounces. :D

Rotaries are a bit worse at taking down (good) liberators at range.

Damn. As if libs weren't strong enough already. Plinking at them from far away was the only way to down them due to the fact that, idiotically, they can just tilt to the side and swat you out of the sky with the Dalton if you get too close. And sometimes even if you stay away if they get a lucky hit. So now they've taken that away. Great. Just great.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8166 on: July 24, 2013, 11:36:26 am »

It's not going to be that bad i think.
The stock guns inflict maximum damage over 200 meters (225 meters for vanu)
And the rotaries lose their damage after 150 meters (aside of vanu that lose damage after 125)

Also their minimum damage doesn't look all that bad really.

The vortek minimal damage would be 425 (500 max) while now the vortek hits for 388 per shell.
Also the RoF got reduced by 1/4'th but i don't think it's going to make liberators much harder to kill.
Self promotion below.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8167 on: July 24, 2013, 01:17:07 pm »

YAY another game and strong push ruined by yet another group of VS Hackers...
Sorry but if I am hearing, TINTINTINTINTITNITNITNTINTINTINTIN as a FUCKING MAX SUIT, YOUR FUCKING HACKING....
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8168 on: July 24, 2013, 11:27:52 pm »

We had a hacker (NC) play around in the VS warpgate, flying/driving/whatever. Was pretty fun...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8169 on: July 25, 2013, 02:56:17 pm »

Sorry but if I am hearing, TINTINTINTINTITNITNITNTINTINTINTIN as a FUCKING MAX SUIT, YOUR FUCKING HACKING....
I don't understand what TINTINTIN represents here

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8170 on: July 25, 2013, 03:07:50 pm »

I don't understand what TINTINTIN represents here

The sound of headshots.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8171 on: July 26, 2013, 12:03:43 am »

If I ever think Goon platoons are being led somewhere for a Goku certfarm again, I'm going to start warning the pubbies in /os and start my own platoon. Just so any cheeky Goku fellows know. That shit wasn't legit today. Either tell SoE to do server transfers so you can have purple GOON on another server and blue GOON on Mattherson; or play NC only (or VS if you like the bandwagon). If the issue is that pubbies are in Goon, then kill the outfit, kill Goku, and I'll recruit all the players on the NC side into DORF. Then you can restart the Goon tag on purple with your Vanu Goku chars and you can ruin the server in a legit way.

Any Goons actually read this thread?

I like the NC Goons when I'm in the platoon with them, but when a few of them are talking about cross factioning every day and how they login their VS for alert experience at the last second (before the recent change where that won't work anymore,) and now when a platoon made up of (mostly) pubbie outfit recruits led by a BR 15 or 20 SA Goon (who is yet obviously really experienced in the game) is led to a biolab being defended by more than us Goku while the only tech plant on Esamir is under attack, and it keeps happening more than once or twice, that's not right.

I'm going to type to AdmiralSnuggles next time I catch him in game and see if it's cool with him if I can help fix this mess up when I see it by pulling rank and starting a new platoon. This situation isn't too common but when it happens it helps break the server by diverting forces we could use to defend to an attack, which must be great if you are VS; though surely there must be sometimes when it's just boring because no one wants to fight you unless they are cornered; and then you have to chase them to another continent.

I think Goon Platoons should be led by people who play on one realm per server. If those people aren't around, the Goons should try to disperse to bolster public squads. How that would work I don't know but I'd guess the ranking system would help. I never used it in Dorf because there wasn't any useful reason to pull rank, but with Goon it might be a different story. It would be pretty easy to circumvent but at the very least people would be aware of the issue and might be able to notice when it happens.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 02:34:51 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8172 on: July 26, 2013, 02:23:40 am »

I got myself a skyguard yesterday after around 5 days of cert farming.
I killed several ESFs with it but my favourite kill must have been the magrider.
He wanted to get me but i charged and drove UNDER him while continuously fireing.
It went down in 4 clips but the driver bailed nad landmine'd me... still a magrider kill is a magrider kill.
Self promotion below.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8173 on: July 26, 2013, 02:37:16 am »

I got myself a skyguard yesterday after around 5 days of cert farming.
I killed several ESFs with it but my favourite kill must have been the magrider.
He wanted to get me but i charged and drove UNDER him while continuously fireing.
It went down in 4 clips but the driver bailed nad landmine'd me... still a magrider kill is a magrider kill.

Yeah, it seems the not exploding Skyguard bug is fixed from my limited usage of it today. Skyguard should be worth pulling again. Before it would get stuck on stun and explode on hitting an aircraft, but do no damage.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 02:39:30 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8174 on: July 26, 2013, 05:51:46 am »

-Expecting Goon to do what's best for a game.

Are you off your meds?
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 826