Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089368 times)

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #8790 on: December 08, 2013, 01:11:32 pm »

Remember, enemies can see your recon darts on the map now. I've killed a bunch of infils just by seeing a red/purple scanning circle on the map and looking around for them nearby it, remember, resist the urge to stick a dart on the single tree you're hiding behind in that otherwise completely open field.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8791 on: December 08, 2013, 02:13:11 pm »

Remember, enemies can see your recon darts on the map now. I've killed a bunch of infils just by seeing a red/purple scanning circle on the map and looking around for them nearby it, remember, resist the urge to stick a dart on the single tree you're hiding behind in that otherwise completely open field.
Exactly - do it where the enemy is, not where you are...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8792 on: December 08, 2013, 02:14:49 pm »

One tactic that I use a lot (and think is overpowered now :P) is by shooting recon darts everywhere as an infiltrator (while sitting on an ammo pack) - you see ALL the movement, plus the engie gets a lot of XP.
They really should add a cap to that, like they did with the underbarrel grenades, but I hope they don't. :D
What cap on the UBGL? And when?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8793 on: December 08, 2013, 05:54:21 pm »

using a base sunder with base weapons, two gunners and the driver as an engie is surprisingly effective until the driver is killed or you run into atleast two heavy tanks.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8794 on: December 08, 2013, 06:18:46 pm »

Just noticed something funny.
Hitting vehicles with the grenade launcher ALWAYS does full damage even at ranges where the nade does not explode.
Of course that's still 10 grenades to the rear of an lightening to kill it BUT at least you can do it from point blank.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8795 on: December 08, 2013, 09:24:39 pm »

There are plenty of ways for an engineer to blow up an unsuspecting harasser, but I found a new one today.

Throw a tank mine and a sticky grenade in the bumper seat and run away giggling.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8796 on: December 08, 2013, 09:40:26 pm »

One tactic that I use a lot (and think is overpowered now :P) is by shooting recon darts everywhere as an infiltrator (while sitting on an ammo pack) - you see ALL the movement, plus the engie gets a lot of XP.
They really should add a cap to that, like they did with the underbarrel grenades, but I hope they don't. :D

The UBGL (and most rocket launchers IIRC) can only resupply so fast from ammo packs- slower than standard weapons.

There are plenty of ways for an engineer to blow up an unsuspecting harasser, but I found a new one today.

Throw a tank mine and a sticky grenade in the bumper seat and run away giggling.

For all I use Engy, I still don't have sticky nades.  I really should get them sometime.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8797 on: December 08, 2013, 09:44:21 pm »

The UBGL (and most rocket launchers IIRC) can only resupply so fast from ammo packs- slower than standard weapons.
I've honestly always thought that that was still bugged, because there are times where they won't reload at all unless I switch weapons and reload something else.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8798 on: December 08, 2013, 09:55:36 pm »

One time I saw a friendly get sticky grenaded, he ran away into cover with a bunch of friendlies and blew them all up.
Yup

As for weapon reloading, it is fairly annoying how PS2 handles the ammo pool. Let's say you have a weapon with a 50 round magazine with a 50 round weapon pool for argument's sake. If you fire 25 rounds you should have 75 rounds in your weapon pool when you go to restock to account for not having the 25 rounds in your gun. This is the way I've seen it done in every other game, but for some reason you have to sit there and wait for your last magazine's worth to restock after you have already been restocking.
It's weird, and mostly noticeable with things like rocket launchers and UBGL.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8799 on: December 08, 2013, 10:08:28 pm »

Honestly, it seems faster than it should be for me.

PS:  It was GU08 they changed it.

Quote from: GU08 Notes
All rocket launchers now have a short delay between ammo pickups from engineer ammunition packs.
--
[UBGL/Smoke]
These now have a 4 second delay between ammo pickups from engineer ammunition packs.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8800 on: December 09, 2013, 01:36:46 am »

If you sticky grenade an enemy, and he runs through the spawn/teleporter room shield, he'll blow up anyone close enough to him inside.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8801 on: December 09, 2013, 02:28:27 am »

Just noticed something funny.
Hitting vehicles with the grenade launcher ALWAYS does full damage even at ranges where the nade does not explode.
Of course that's still 10 grenades to the rear of an lightening to kill it BUT at least you can do it from point blank.

It always does the same damage to vehicles, not full.

Explosive damage in PS2 has two components; direct hit and splash/explosive. Most vehicles are immune to most splash damage (obvious exceptions are tank mines, C4 and flak). Generally, hitting an enemy tank with any projectile will do damage based purely off the direct hit damage times any modifiers (armour and damage type, see here). Hitting infantry will do damage based off of the direct hit damage plus the splash damage. As a rule, AV weapons are direct hit based and AI are splash based.

I can't find the damage values now, but if you hit infantry with a UBG inside its fuse range you will only do the direct hit damage, without the massive splash/explosive damage that makes it a OHK and farming glory tool. Against vehicles you will always only do this damage, with the bonus of doing some splash to nearby repairing engineers.

Also worth noting that for all explosives (AFAIK) there is no damage falloff on either component. So you always do the same direct hit damage and splash damage with rockets/grenades at any range, often making AV weapons like the Enforcer/Halbard or AV turret preferable as long range AI weapons to the Basilisk or AI turret. Also, all weapons have a direct hit damage, even if it's tiny. See kills with revive grenades (IIRC concussion/flash actually do some minor splash damage to the tune of 1HP so that they give assists).

With regards to the resupply delay, I think there may be a way to bypass it. May count as an exploit. Will have to test when I get home this evening.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8802 on: December 09, 2013, 02:37:10 am »

I don't get why people are able to have perfect accuracy in the game and I can't. Other games are fine, but planet side seems to like to add in that extra recoil on automatics and make all snipers drunk unless they hold their breath, which they can do for about 3 seconds. Maybe it;s the FPS, but I have my settings down to the lowest and no way to check my FPS. And everyone else seems to have perfect aim, and be able to kill a heavy with mesh armor on in 3 shots, where as my SAW takes about 10 to take out a light infantry.

Are there just flat out better items in this game?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8803 on: December 09, 2013, 02:47:31 am »

Yes.

But if you're having trouble getting kills as a heavy, then the problem is probably you rather than the guns used against you.

Try a different gun. The SAW has ridiculous recoil that makes landing shots difficult, and it's low ROF means you have to hit every shot (preferably in the head) to be competitive.

Also, aim for the head.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8804 on: December 09, 2013, 03:09:26 am »

SAW with compensator and forward grip is pretty easy to land shots with.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 826