Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089631 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #9165 on: January 04, 2014, 07:07:14 pm »

Speaking of that, there should be some kind of leniency where if your character model is clipping inside a friendly you can't hurt them when you fire. I've had many times where I've been firing at something and somebody will literally run through my back and get shot because they ran into my fire. Either that or people need to stop being dumb.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9166 on: January 04, 2014, 09:15:44 pm »

A lot of people say to get the compensator for battle rifles, but I say that's malarky.  I tested it a bit, and at any real range that the compensator helps, you're firing it slowly enough that the CoF drops to zero before you fire another shot.  I'd stick with the flash suppressor or nothing on them.

The compensator is important for short-ranged engagements where you need to put people down quickly or else you die. Accuracy is critical for that and the compensator makes lining up those headshots a little easier.

That's what the Rebel is for.

That said, I was playing with the Desperado in VR today, and it seemed really nice at first glance.  Has anyone tested it in the field?

Either that or people need to stop being dumb.

Can I come live in your fantasy world?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9167 on: January 04, 2014, 10:48:12 pm »

So I'm sitting on my mana AV in a base, and a friendly infiltrator moves right in front of my barrel just as I fire. Ten seconds later, he kills me, presumably for revenge. I hate these people. My turret was there first, and unlike him it can't move, so it's his own damn fault I killed him.
Hehe, I get that a lot in my HE Lighting, as I tend to set up in semi-covered locations that also make for bad sniper spots that idiots think are good. Whenever I see a little bespandexed figure climb up next to the end of my cannon I shift my aim just slightly and pull the trigger. It's something of a guilty pleasure, but never really harmful; they don't come back to block my view, and even idiots aren't willing to waste two bricks of C4 for petty revenge. At least not yet.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9168 on: January 05, 2014, 07:05:28 am »

Oh don't even get me started. I occasionally send out a /yell along the lines of "PSA: I do not stop shooting for derps. If you see me ADS and firing and you still step in front of me, you will be shot in the back. Consider yourselves warned."

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9169 on: January 07, 2014, 12:09:20 am »

I remember hearing about how Mattherson NC are bad a few weeks ago. I have to argue that's not the case. To be honest, it's the TR who the are root cause of badness on Mattherson at this stage in the game.

Some big images in these spoilers.

After that happened, it was a matter of VS capping bases all the way to Zurvan Pump with 75% hex population. VS took Zurvan easy as pie with a whole bunch of shield buster sundies afterwards, which I admit was nicely done. I tried to get people to put mines on the shield doors in /re. I don't think anyone listened but there were enough sundies it wouldn't have mattered too much.

VS, being sporting gentlemen:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's five six pages of BS we had to take because TR Mattherson can neither hold or re-take things in alerts against the VS and aren't trying very hard from an NC's point of view. There was more as it went on during the whole 6 minute base capture but it was as far as I could scroll.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 01:23:47 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9170 on: January 07, 2014, 12:23:58 am »

Sounds like a good reason to avoid Indar during facility-type alerts.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9171 on: January 07, 2014, 12:35:13 am »

Because NC never spams yell chat.

Also, a rough breakdown of that?
-25% making fun of the constant complaints about this that and the other being OP.
-25% pointing out that NC abandoned the continent.
-15% people having a good time without being spiteful, mostly poking fun at random things.
-The remainder being outfits and idiots talking shit and trolling.

Getting all upset because people said mean things in yell chat is... I'll be polite and call it "silly".

That all aside, do you know how many times I see NC and TR gang up on VS? Not just one or the other being stupid and not defending against the other, but them actively coordinating in yell chat? It's a pretty natural part of gameplay. We don't whine about it, we deal with it, because VS has been getting that shit since day one. VS wins alerts on Mattherson because every time one goes out we cram into it until we hit our population cap.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9172 on: January 07, 2014, 12:36:06 am »

Those players are just shitty sports. It has nothing to do with an empire's incompetence and you'd see the same thing if any of the positions were changed.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9173 on: January 07, 2014, 12:36:41 am »

Not really, it's a reason to be mad at TR again for incompetence. When NC command chat can see that TR is pushing a winning VS, it's advised that NC platoons attack the VS as well. Of course there will be 1-12 or 12-24 groups of NC doing their own thing, but it's the same with TR and I don't hold that against them.

It's when VS is winning, and I see one or two 48+ TR forces making my map blink up by Rashnu or Zurvan on their way to our last facility which we WILL defend against them successfully unless there is a big screwup that I wonder what kind of sorry state TR must be in right now, because they could split VS with us and one of us will end up with a facility. On top of that it's likely to be them if the VS are given a choice because at least that way everyone ties and NC doesn't win. Now that I think about it that wouldn't matter as much for this alert as it was covering all Amp stations and not Indar ones only, but it happens every time I can think of recently when it's similar situations in Indar only alerts where VS has TR's facility near the start of the alert. TR will make an attempt on the one on their border, give up, then conquer their way across of the continent against usually minor resistance for half the alert until NC redeploys once they get close and kicks them out and pushes them a few facilities back for a buffer zone while sacrificing offensive stopping/delaying facilities to Vanu like the Crown or Crossroads or one of those plateau bases you can't get vehicles into.

EDIT:

Any yells about Ginyu force are Goku being dicks to Goons and the NC in general. Goku is the splinter group off of Goon that happened before I joined Goon. I don't know what caused it but the two groups' leadership despise each other despite all being from Something Awful. Despite that the rank and file Goku are not disliked by Goon leadership, just a few of the leaders who the Goon leaders have hard feelings against (without knowing why I would say with good reason because it f'd up the server.) I don't know how much the average Goku wuvs the common Goon but the common and leadership Goons don't dislike the average Goku, annoyed is even too strong a word usually. If anything it's minor disappointment. To be honest I don't know the leaders of Goku myself so I don't have much of an opinion, but I do like winning against Goku more than any other outfit because they are the worst when they are winners. That said though I think the server would be better if the schism was mended and they played LWTX more often if not rejoin Goon, but they may have too many purple certs already.

Goon has over 2000 characters in it's outfit but now fields only 3 squads on a good night. At the start of the server the Goons were the balancing force of the server's NC side, and with the schism literally hundreds stopped playing PS2 according to what I've heard from other people. With the defection of Goku to VS it turned the server on it's head, and when they shout Ginyu Force they are gloating about it. It's also why when you see LWTX NC around, NC tend to do well. That's Goku's NC alts and the subtraction of a not-bad platoon which is then added to NC can turn the balance.

Ginyu Force Rules was yelled at one point by Goons before I joined. The period I joined was when Goon had become a shell of it's former self at barely a squad after the fall of Goondolin so to speak. It's making a slow comeback over a period of time to it's current size of an easy platoon when bolstered via public squad or about three squads of just Goons on a decent night with a full platoon on special nights.

You probably know this already since you are on the internet but Ginyu Force are Goku the character's antagonist in the cartoon at one point.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 02:00:21 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9174 on: January 07, 2014, 12:59:08 am »

I never would have guessed Mattherson is a shithole. Thank you for the enlightenment, you two.

What amuses me the most about the tards in /yell is when they gloat about winning battles with four to one pop advantage. Whatever strokes their e-penises, I guess.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9175 on: January 07, 2014, 02:13:16 am »

Wow, Miller's pretty damn tame, compared to that.
The only thing I can say is... damn TR overpopped mosquitoes :P.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9176 on: January 07, 2014, 02:13:32 am »

Huhm, I never notice anything in /yell because my chat is set to the platoon, squad, or outfit tab, and when it is set to general I'm too busy shooting people to read the chat. It's only during downtime that I ahve any chance to see chat, and there's rarely anything important popping up in it.

Unrelated, but does anybody know if you still get the benefits from a laser pointer when you turn it off? I've turned a pointer on and off and the reticle remains the same, and if that's the case then there's no reason not to have it turned off and have enemies be able to see you coming from around corners.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9177 on: January 07, 2014, 02:17:32 am »

There's no difference, but supposedly it only turns off for you. Other players still see the laser.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9178 on: January 07, 2014, 04:41:05 am »

I remember hearing about how Mattherson NC are bad a few weeks ago. I have to argue that's not the case. To be honest, it's the TR who the are root cause of badness on Mattherson at this stage in the game.

Some big images in these spoilers.

After that happened, it was a matter of VS capping bases all the way to Zurvan Pump with 75% hex population. VS took Zurvan easy as pie with a whole bunch of shield buster sundies afterwards, which I admit was nicely done. I tried to get people to put mines on the shield doors in /re. I don't think anyone listened but there were enough sundies it wouldn't have mattered too much.

VS, being sporting gentlemen:

That's five six pages of BS we had to take because TR Mattherson can neither hold or re-take things in alerts against the VS and aren't trying very hard from an NC's point of view. There was more as it went on during the whole 6 minute base capture but it was as far as I could scroll.

Things look more or less the same on Woodman... probably with a bit less VS spam but that might be only because i usually avoid fighting adventure game players and go for NC.
After all why bother if P'n'C wins every alert anyway.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9179 on: January 07, 2014, 05:48:17 am »

Cobalt's pretty tame compared to that. All we get is the occasional drama from our elite-air-queens.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 826