Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1068044 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #12300 on: October 20, 2017, 05:29:54 pm »

Halloween event has started from now until November 10. Hope you like grinding pumpkins!

Also a patch. The ESF/Engineer auto-repair is now a certed ability for Engineer with three ranks, R1 auto-repair ESFs, R2 repairs Liberators, R3 repairs Galaxies. Valkyries don't get it since they can have an onboard engineer repair it faster(note: prior patch limited it to only one engineer repairing). For reference, prior to this patch, an Engineer flying an ESF would effectively have the Auto-Repair(rank 1) equipped, allowing the vehicle to repair itself while still freeing up the passive equipment slot for something more useful like Stealth(by the way, Stealth is useful).

Sunderer health buffed by 25%. Tanks now take 15% more damage from side hits(prior patch removed side damage, giving only 2x rear damage).

Hornets and Liberator belly cannons nerfed against Gals/Libs/Valks, though the resist value for Valks is still negative(meaning they take more damage than normal). Annoyed since I use Hornets for heavycraft bombing, though it still may be viable.

Archer nerfed against tanks(prior update buffed damage against tanks while nerfing damage against MAXes).

Walker has been mostly nerfed against soft targets, slight buff against hard targets, while the Walkers mounted on MBTs, Harassers, and ANTs have had their minimum damage buffed with a corresponding reduction in falloff.

Flak of every kind, on the other hand, has been buffed, except the player-built flak turret, which has been renamed Hoplon and nerfed hard. The Hoplon is probably worse now than the static Aspis Flak Turret at bases.

Lolpods have had a direct-hit damage nerf.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12301 on: October 25, 2017, 05:09:46 pm »

Double post for a hotfix!

Many directive requirements for the Halloween event have been made significantly easier. Ribbons for the Halloween weapons now only require 4 kills(was 10 like normal weapons). Good because the Halloween weapons suck.

Necromancer/Toil and Trouble revives for the Expert and Master ranks have been reduced to 30 and 50 respectively(was 60/250).

Vengeful Spirit/Headless Horseman kills for Expert and Master have been reduced to 50/100(was 100/300).

Pumpkin(and Snowmen for Christmas event) have had health halved, but gained some resistance to small arms and Archers.

Added: Flamerider decals for Flashes and Harassers, purchasable only during the event, but equippable all year. Can be bought with pumpkin seeds.

You can now directly type in the value for mouse sensitivity in the options.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12302 on: October 26, 2017, 04:12:02 am »

Akura, I forgot - what server/outfit are you?

Also, I guess the ammo one is easy to do now. I've gotten to either the last or second-last rank, but I need to play Engie or Medic (pumpking hunting has been terrible for me..)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12303 on: October 26, 2017, 06:39:54 am »

No outfit, Emerald server.

As for hunting pumpkins, Esamir is great because the pumpkins stand out against the white.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12304 on: October 26, 2017, 07:25:48 am »

I tried hunting them after lock on Esamir, didn't find a single one.

E: And I was going by the spawn map, too.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 07:37:49 am by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12305 on: November 03, 2017, 10:26:34 pm »

Just got the Sirius on my Vanu infil. I love the damn thing. It's so much fucking fun to run around cloaked and pop up behind their lines and just gun down 2 or 3 medics before poofing.

Also, the magrider feels a hell of a lot better now. Last time I played PS2, it was super sluggish and pretty damn terrible.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12306 on: November 17, 2017, 05:53:21 pm »

They've got a 5-year anniversary event going on. Double XP for the next week. Also, a redeemable promo code for a decal : 5YearsPS2.

They're also selling bundles with some 5th-anniversary stuff. The largest bundle is 8999 DBC, which comes to about $80-$90 - 1DBC is about 1 cent unless you buy a >5000 DBC at once.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12307 on: November 18, 2017, 09:49:36 am »

Overdrive (Tier 1 - Tier 5)
Getting roadkills while in the pilot's seat of a vehicle will restore turbo fuel for the Flash and Harasser. At rank 5, this implant will also apply to the Liberator and empire specific fighters.

I kinda like the idea of an ESF pilot going around roadkilling people for more afterburner. Won't ever happen, but sounds hilarious.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #12308 on: November 18, 2017, 02:50:37 pm »

Just need to add the Scythe "frontal energy blades" primary weapon, for melee-killing tanks. ;P
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12309 on: November 18, 2017, 05:43:59 pm »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12310 on: November 18, 2017, 08:45:37 pm »

I was thinking more something I'd actually see in game, rather than on youtube. You do occasionally run into Harassers that are just turboing around trying to pancake things.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12311 on: November 18, 2017, 09:47:35 pm »

Last time I checked it was moreso invisible Flashes doing the roadkills than harassers.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12312 on: November 19, 2017, 06:02:48 am »

Started the game for the first time in almost 2 years. Decided to try my NC alt first, joined a large tank zerg fighting the TR in western Indar.
I grab my favorite vehicle, my fully certed Skyguard (I have one on all 3 factions), and go to guard duty next to a deployed ammo Sundy.

Some medic next to me starts spamming the "I need ammo" emote, naturally I ignore him since there is a Sundy right next to him and the sky is full of mossies.

Then I get a whisper from the guy. The following exchange happens (note that I'm shooting at aircraft while it happens):
Him: Dude, I NEED AMMO.
Me: Use the Sundy? Kinda busy here.
Him: DUDE AMMO

5 seconds later I get C4'd by the guy.

NC... NC never changes.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12313 on: November 19, 2017, 03:51:43 pm »

I'm debating whether or not I want to jump in again. Meat grinders got a bit full for me, but it's one of this games where when things go well they go amazingly, and you feel like the baddest assest dude out there.

I played NC on Connery, got myself involved with HAMD for a bit. The only thing I loved more than the organized armored columns were the gal drops. I've always wanted to fly a valk Nam style three into a hot drop zone, but the massed gal drops still satisfied me, especially when they worked or when they didn't but we didn't die immediately. I guess Band of Brothers really influenced my love of airborne actions.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12314 on: November 19, 2017, 06:19:15 pm »

Started the game for the first time in almost 2 years. Decided to try my NC alt first, joined a large tank zerg fighting the TR in western Indar.
I grab my favorite vehicle, my fully certed Skyguard (I have one on all 3 factions), and go to guard duty next to a deployed ammo Sundy.

Some medic next to me starts spamming the "I need ammo" emote, naturally I ignore him since there is a Sundy right next to him and the sky is full of mossies.

Then I get a whisper from the guy. The following exchange happens (note that I'm shooting at aircraft while it happens):
Him: Dude, I NEED AMMO.
Me: Use the Sundy? Kinda busy here.
Him: DUDE AMMO

5 seconds later I get C4'd by the guy.

NC... NC never changes.
I see the blue shotguneers are still dumb, aye.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 ... 826