Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1068420 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #12315 on: November 19, 2017, 06:49:33 pm »

Yee-haw rebel state corporate shills, they are.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12316 on: November 19, 2017, 07:51:17 pm »

Label on Terran Republic weapons: "FRONT TOWARDS ENEMY"

Label on Vanu Sovereignty weapons: "TECHNOLOGY EQUALS MIGHT. PRAISE VANU."

Label on New Conglomerate weapons: "NC USE ONLY"
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12317 on: November 21, 2017, 03:38:11 pm »

If anyone is on VS Miller I'd love to do Anti-Vehicle Wraith runs with somebody who has a Deci. Just running around with a Fury works wonders in medium-sized battles.

Also, hornets are great. I feel like a flying Prowler or something when using them, and I've actually gotten to the point where I can dogfight decently enough to hold my own.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12318 on: November 21, 2017, 06:03:15 pm »

Small update. A few decent changes, but the one irking everyone seems to be the inclusion of the player's ISO-4 stock under the minimap, right between the the certs and nanites. It clutters up the display, and it's pointless because you don't need to worry about your ISO-4 stock unless you're upgrading implants.

EDIT: I think the servers just crashed. Disconnected mid-game, tried to start again and a box saying that PunkbstrB.exe was blocked from loading appeared without opening the game, tried again and the game loaded, but closed and opened a page to the site claiming there was a G29 error.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 07:13:57 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12319 on: January 16, 2018, 09:20:25 pm »

Is it just me, or did they fix vehicle third person within the last month or two? I don't see anything in the patch notes implying they might've, but it seems like your shots are accurate again.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12320 on: February 08, 2018, 06:06:03 pm »

Significant update. Continents now open in an "Unstable Warpgate" state, where the outer edge of the map is the only part that can be captured, while alerts cannot be started and HIVEs cannot be placed during this time. Continents return to normal play after 2 hours or if the player count on the continent reaches 96 players(the former during off-peak times).

Koltyr, originally a battleplayground for low-BR players, has been repurposed as Koltyr-VR, a battleplayground for everyone. Like VR Training, you can grab whatever gear(except Harassers and MBTs, unsure about air) you want to play with, and test it against players of the other factions without worrying about stats. Up to 99 players(33 on each faction) are allowed in an instance of Koltyr-VR at a time, and two instances of Koltyr-VR will be active. VR Training only lets you play against static test dummies.

A few new vehicle-capturable sectors have been added to Indar, Esamir, and Amerish. These sectors are flat open areas, that also allow construction, so players can build a fortress of their own.

All factions received a new LMG for Heavy Assault. The VS gets the VE-H Maw, which appears to have high damage(167), fast reload, but small magazine(60) and low(?) fire rate(600RPM). NC gets MGR-L1 Promise, which supposedly has high accuracy under sustained fire, 100 round magazine, 143 damage, 689RPM fire rate. TR gets the MG-H1 Watchman, going by the description is just sprays bullets everywhere, 125 round magazine, 125 damage, 857RPM fire rate. I have little doubt that the NC's MGR-L1 is overpowered, if only so someone can get a chuckle out of calling it a broken Promise.

As of this posting, the servers are still down due to technical issues.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12321 on: February 09, 2018, 01:10:45 pm »

Everyone in my Vanu squad was complaining about the Watchman. And honestly, that thing is a beast. I wouldn't even need to see the death screen to know what killed me from behind, because I died before I even realized I was being shot. One time we were holding a point and I turned around to see 5 dead squadmates behind me, all gunned down by a heavy with a watchman. I opened fire but he just turned and gunned me down as well.

The Liberator buffs seem to have increased air play activity. There's more liberators around and reactionary scythes (hunting the libs). Was cool to see actual air fights above bases rather than just getting farmed by air.

Harassers take one less tank shot to kill now (specific resistance reduction vs tank shells), so they're like a shooting range if you're running an AP lightning. "POP! +500 pts!"
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12322 on: February 13, 2018, 10:00:54 am »

857 round per minute eh?
What's the fire rate on the mini gun like these days?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12323 on: April 06, 2018, 05:06:24 pm »

Hoo boy, big update. New feature: Advanced Specialization Program

Players who reach Battle Rank 100 (the max is BR120) have the option to enter the A.S.P., which resets their BR to 1, and gives them access to A.S.P. skills. When re-reaching BRs 1, 25, 50, 75, and 100, you will gain a skill point, to spend on one of the 23 available skills. As of this update, you can only reset your BR once, so that's 5 points. There are 6 groups of skills, one for each class(except MAX) and a universal group. Most skills expand equipment lists.

Spoiler: Engineer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Light Assault (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Heavy Assault (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Infiltrator (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Combat Medic (click to show/hide)

Players at BR100+ with paid membership can enter the ASP for free, non-members at BR100+ need to spend 10,000 certs(which is the maximum you can carry).

Other new additions:

New item: Reserve Hardlight Barrier. They appear to be extensions to the engineer's deployable Hardlight Barrier, except you can carry two and they cost 50n apiece. They also changed Hardlight barriers to block placement of other turrets to keep from making actual good defense placment make it easier to climb over.

Due to the Sidearm Primary skill, most pistols have been buffed, mainly for cone-of-fire. Notably, the Blackhand and Commissioner also have been nerfed with longer draw times. In the Commish's case it's a straight nerf - it did not receive any other changes. Also of note is the TR's starting(Repeater) and directive reward(President) pistols both losing their single-shot fire mode.

Flak was nerfed hard, since most air vehicles(not ESFs) got increased resistance to flak damage(technically, reduced weakness, but still). According to devs, this was meant mostly to counter Burster MAXes. Flak should still be effective against ESFs though, which is probably the way it was meant to be. Also, Liberators got reduced belly armor(50%->20%).

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12324 on: April 06, 2018, 06:41:28 pm »

Interesting, although I'll probably never hit BR100 to actually use it.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #12325 on: April 06, 2018, 06:47:06 pm »

or 10,000 certs for that matter. :P
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12326 on: April 06, 2018, 10:48:27 pm »

At the rate I spend certs, I'm already half way there. BR100 seems like a much higher requirement.

It's kinda obnoxious adding such a huge "grind to win" barrier into the game, but I suppose the only class meaningfully buffed by it is the engineer, so it's not too "to win" yet.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12327 on: April 08, 2018, 05:01:06 am »

Engi can unlock half the weapon classes in the game (in addition to the other half... the one they already have), but there are still no assault rifles for Light Assaults.
Seriously Daybreak, screw you and the Flash you drove in on.  :(

I mean, I'm not even like some other LAs that want scout or battle rifles so they can snipe people from unreachable spots.
I just want ARs for the improved versatility compared to carbines.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12328 on: April 08, 2018, 07:08:32 am »

Like I said, I main engi and even I think their skill list is too much. ARs are pretty much the only reason I ever play medic.

Anyways, my desire to even play this game anymore has been drastically reduced by one particular asshole, who shot me in the back with a crossbow, then teamkilled me when I returned warning fire, taunting me over voice chat saying "Don't mess with the king"(bear in mind he shot first for no reason). Just from the sound of his voice(which sounds a lot like the assholes who occasionally harass me on the street while I'm walking), my opinion of him and of what should happen to him isn't even something I can say on this forum. Looking up his statistics, he's somehow BR96 yet he's only been playing 8 months. I've had an account since 2015 and I'm at BR80. This is bordering on stalking now, and I think my math is wrong, but he spends around 8 hours a day(every day). Goddamn, get a job.
His username is EricHunter106, TR on Emerald.

Spoiler: Maths if interested (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12329 on: June 13, 2018, 05:35:08 pm »

Double-post for victory!

Major update today, dealing with both continent capture progression and construction updates.

First, for strategic play, when a continent unlocks, the warpgates enter a "charging" phase that lasts "a few hours". During this time, random events can occur. They're bringing back the old Facility control event(must be so old, I don't remember them). Another new one is the "Aerial Anomaly", where players must camp the titular anomaly - during this event all air vehicles are free of nanite costs. New events are supposed to come later.

At the end of the warpgate charging period, the first faction to achieve 41% control of the continent will trigger the locking alert, however it's whoever wins the alert that actually locks the continent, not just the faction that triggers it. Essentially, they've reverted back to the older alert style, or something similar. The new alerts last 90-minutes. Also, since continent control is what triggers an alert, HIVEs in player-built bases are gone. Speaking of construction...

The construction system has changed a bit. Most structures cost less cortium to build, but now there's a constant cortium drain. If the silo runs out, stuff decays. Silos now cost 2000 cortium, and this cortium is stored in the silo. The Repair Module, Elysium tube, and the Spear tower turret have all had their cert unlock costs reduced to 500 certs each. They've changed the exclusion zones for modules specific to each module type(was any module), and the exclusion zones were also shrunk, so expect denser modules. The Repair Module no longer makes buildings indestructible, so walls can be brought down under enough fire. ANT mining lasers can now damage constructions. Structure Shield module can over-shield structures in its effect, rendering them invulnerable for a short period(no idea on cost/cooldown). Skywall Shields no longer set infantry on fire, they EMP them instead, and do more damage to vehicles. Vehicle Gate structures no longer require a Shield module, they have their own(and drain cortium), have a placement limit of 2/player, and the shield blocks infantry fire.

"Spire" structures have been added. Unlike the module change above, these have universal exclusion zones. Currently, there are 2 Spire types. The Pain Spire causes damage over time to enemies in its 15m radius(similar to getting too close to an enemy spawn room in lattice bases). The Routing Spire allows you to pull a Router item, which can be deployed "indoors in lattice bases"(unsure if this means only there, or if that's just a suggestion) to create a spawn point for all faction members within 100m of it(it's like a Sunderer that goes where no Sunderer can go). If the Routing Spire is destroyed or loses power(cortium runs out or silo destroyed), the deployed Router is lost.

In addition to Spires, the "Flail" artillery weapon has been added. With an AI module and a spotting device(pulled from the Flail), it fires 4 anti-vehicle shells at the designated target.

Orbital Strikes can now be called on lattice bases, though players indoors will only receive knockback, not direct damage(impact damage can apply). They also fixed the bug that made the Orbital Strike structure indestructible. They also make a bigger explosion when destroyed.

Players cannot directly lock a silo from use, though there's a 20000 cortium "reserve" rule, which I assume means you can block other players from using cortium if it reduces the stored cortium to less than 20k.

Vehicle pads in player-bases no longer use nanites to spawn vehicles, only cortium. Air-Pads now resupply ammo to air vehicles. Player-built vehicle spawners can still be locked and also adhere to the reserve rule.

Other changes:

New weapons, a set of Battle Rifles for each faction. The TR's is crap(just "damage and precision"). The NC's rifle punches through multiple players. The VS's has infinite ammo, but (maybe) overheats. The other Battle Rifles got general buffs.

C4 now has a half-second delay before exploding.

TR Prowler's Anchored Mode is now inherent to the vehicle(certs refunded), and no longer increases reload speed. Instead, it now has access to the "Barrage" item in its place - this increases the reload speed of its boarding ramp main cannon by 30%. This means the top-gun no longer reloads faster.

Top-gun weapons: TR's Gatekeeper and Vulcan weapons were buffed across various stats. VS's Aphelion was likewise buffed. NC's Enforcer got more damage but nerfed every other way, while the Mjolnir got a straight nerf(250->200 velocity).

All in all, I like what I see.
Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 826