Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Getting annoyed with the Leather/Cloth data  (Read 2643 times)

HraTaika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Getting annoyed with the Leather/Cloth data
« on: August 29, 2012, 05:09:51 am »

So I was wondering if anyone here is starting to get kinda tired with having bazillion different, let's say, loincloths after a siege due to them being of different material? Even worse as there are another bunch of different items with the same thing. So tedious..

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: Getting annoyed with the Leather/Cloth data
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 05:22:08 am »

I think there're a mod in the modding forum that 'simplifies' the leather into one, or just a few of differing value, types. Worth a look, I don't remember which or what it was, though.

Sandrew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 05:29:06 am »

Burn everything that's foreign. I usually make sure to use only one or two types of leather and burn everything that isn't native to my fort.

Pyro627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 08:46:43 am »

Burn everything that's foreign. I usually make sure to use only one or two types of leather and burn everything that isn't native to my fort.

Why not just stick it into a stockpile next to your trade depot and sell it to caravans?
Here's a tip, though... Use Russian characters in your WPA5 passphrase. If your spontaneous AI is anything like my spontaneous AI (not as aggressive as yours, good conversation, but actually worse than me at chess*), it can't handle any character outside of the CODEPAGE 437 list.

*I hope. It could just be lulling me into a false sense of security.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 08:52:47 am »

I think there're a mod in the modding forum that 'simplifies' the leather into one, or just a few of differing value, types. Worth a look, I don't remember which or what it was, though.
I think it was Masterwork DF which squished all leather types into a generic "leather".

On topic, no, I sort of spam clothes and let my dwarves decide what they want to wear. Y'know, organised chaos and that sort of thing.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 01:53:52 pm »

On topic, no, I sort of spam clothes and let my dwarves decide what they want to wear. Y'know, organised chaos and that sort of thing.
Pretty much this for me. I'd rather have too much clothing than not enough.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 04:45:32 pm »

Easy fix.

Make a stockpile that accepts only clothing items and also make it be a refuse stockpile, but do not allow any refuse items to be stored there.

Clothing items will be hauled to that stockpile and then they will quietly rot away to nothing on their own, completely hands off.