Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Game is culled, keep an eye out for an improved version in the future.  (Read 33949 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

Welcome to Fight Club. My intent when running this game is for turns to cover approx. 1 week in-game time, but multiple actions can and probably will occur within a single turn depending on the complexity of what you are trying to achieve, particularly during  the Homework and Mayhem phases (more on those later) – possibly as short as days or hours.  Characters will exist at one of three phases, and progresses through them in turn if successful. A characters aim is to reach Project Mayhem and simply survive completing successful actions for as long as possible, carrying out the assignments handed down by Tyler – me, your friendly GM, if you had not worked that out yet. In death, your deeds will become a legend amongst the surviving members.

Right, I think thats everything you guys need to know... hope I didnt miss anything.

Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 02:10:42 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Fight Club...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 06:01:05 pm »

You missed one INCREDIBLY important rule. So important, it's said twice!

You DO NOT TALK about FIGHT CLUB!

I'll make a char sheet once I've had sleep :P

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 06:26:12 pm »

In!

EDIT:
Name: Chuckie Norris
Physical Data: Looks just like his dad, Chuck Norris, and is about 6 feet tall. Is 25 years old.
Emotional data: Chuckie Norris was a perfectly normal kid growing up, but turned his back on the world and devoted himself to the fight the  after his dad kicked him out for being a runt. He is determined to grow stronger than his father, and one day beat him in a fair fight.
Bucket List Item: Beating Chuck Norris.
Fight of a Lifetime: Chuck Norris.
((If you want more serious characters, I'll make another one. Just ask.))
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 07:21:14 pm by Chink »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 06:38:04 pm »

Nice. Just one question: Are females accepted into Fight Club?

And I'm not talking about your 'beauty' girls, I'm talking about the ferocious ones who chew glass and could beat the shit out of any man who tried hitting on them.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 07:09:07 pm »

Name: Mason Perez
Physical data: 23 years old, latino. Black hair, dark skin. about 5"10.
Emotional data: Down in Mexico he had a rather shitty life. He finally made it to America, legally. Life was still shitty. He got mad.
Bucket list wish: Fuck up the Immigration Official who had promised him a better life
Dream Fight: Superman. Just to prove he had the balls.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 01:01:21 am by Spinal_Taper »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 12:53:32 am »

Nice. Just one question: Are females accepted into Fight Club?

And I'm not talking about your 'beauty' girls, I'm talking about the ferocious ones who chew glass and could beat the shit out of any man who tried hitting on them.

Anyone can fight.

Chink, that char is fine! :) .
This is a blank sig.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 01:17:47 pm »

Fight Club members so far...

Spoiler: Chuckie Norris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mason Perez (click to show/hide)

The first fight will be between you two, unless we get a few more members in the next 24 hours.  :)
This is a blank sig.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 04:50:18 pm »

Name: Dan Ackland
Physical data: 6''7', heavy built, strong, reasonably well proportioned. Clean shaven, brown hair, brown eyes, 20 years old.
Emotional data: Known as the 'gentle giant', Dan was always bigger than the others kid. Thanks to his interest in sports, he was also very strong and fit. However, many others thought to use him as a challenge, often trying to find ways to provoke him, or just start a fight by throwing the punch. Nobody helped Dan, the system failed him. Finally, his internal anger sparked, and he joined Fight Club to fight back against the system that let him down, and to let out a ridiculous amount of steam.
Bucket list wish: Be a hero.
Dream Fight: Clint Eastwood. If Dan's to get knocked down again, it might aswell be to a legend.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 05:07:27 pm »

Spoiler:  Dan Ackland (click to show/hide)
This is a blank sig.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 05:28:14 pm »

Name: Sandra 'Puma' Wrightson
Physical data: 24, 5'8, tough build,. Dark blonde, fair skinned Caucasian female.
Emotional data: Junkie. Partier. Hippy. Metalhead. Punk. Hipster. Thief. Gangster. Anarchist. Lesbian. Sandra is, or has been, all of these things in the past. Running away from contemporary society, indulging in the pleasures and philosophies of nonconformists. Then she was attacked. Rapists, rednecks, skaters, muggers...the perpetrators changes every time she tells it. There was a weapon, hit her in the left eye. Partially blinded her permanently. She killed them with her bare hands. Now she's a fighter, whose only target left is society, who has scarred her personally. But hey, and eye for an eye.
One thing you wish you had done before you die? Dissolve America.
If you could fight anyone, who would it be and why? Hitler. Not because of his policy, ideology or genocide. But because he is Chief Fascist Conformist #1.

Character inspired by Scott Pilgrim's Roxie Richter.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 05:30:15 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 05:41:16 pm »

The first Fight Club meeting will start Sunday evening (based on GMT) with the draw for opponents and a request for your instructions... it will be everyones first night at Fight Club so everyone will fight. FYI it is Friday evening at the time of this post. Anyone is welcome to add a character to join in. 
This is a blank sig.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 05:53:35 pm »

Just wondering, how does Intelligence play a role in the Fight Club?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 05:55:47 pm »

Wll be much more relevant in Homework and Mayhem phases, but there is a slim chance it might come into play in a fight if someone looks to play dead, fain being hurt or attempt some kind of ruse I supose.
This is a blank sig.

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2012, 05:46:06 am »

IN!

Name: Richard Leroy
Physical data: 43, 6ft tall, 110kg, A tall man with more weight in his stomach than anywhere else.
Emotional data: Being a raging alcoholic Richard's wife left him and took everything, he has nothing left to lose.
One thing you wish you had done before you die? Get over booze
If you could fight anyone, who would it be and why?Brad Pitt, for being such a pretty boy actor.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2012, 04:22:56 pm »

Spoiler: Richard Leroy (click to show/hide)

If we have an odd number of fighters, and everyone will be new in the first meet, Tyler might have to fight...  8)
This is a blank sig.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17