Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Cybrid Mafia #4 - Game Ends  (Read 20970 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia #4 - Game Ends
« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2012, 02:02:58 am »

I somewhat knew Toaster and Toony were in on that. With that weak reasoning in day 2.
Toaster was definitely town day 2.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2012, 02:05:58 am »

Huh, well...

Alright then.  :-\

Still, where is that weak doctor when you need him!

Edit: And ZU gets both of them.

Then that modkill.

And another thing that got me: Votecount and timecount, the lack of such.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 02:11:59 am by Tiruin »

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2012, 02:15:30 am »

"For the Emperor."

Solomon Petresun picks up his phone, hears the report, and murmurs: "Disgraceful. Bloody Imperials couldn't keep the bloody cockroaches at bay. The bloody cybrids had uncanny aim and luck on their side. The place was teeming with bloody rebels." He ponders for a couple of seconds and adds, "The situation is unsalvageable. Nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

He hangs up, heaves a heavy sigh, and hopes the next colony has better luck. There are always new battles to fight against the darkness. The Earth Empire must prevail.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 07:41:47 am by Bookthras »
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2012, 02:16:16 am »

Servant, you are officially

THE WORST FUCKING MOD EVER.

When people lurk, you replace them, not modkill.
You think roles through before creating the game.
And most of fucking all, you WARN people before ending the fucking day. :-/

Yes, I'm angry as fuck. It was insanely fun spending the majority of the game waiting for SC's response about what to do with my role, and in the end appearing to be vanilla scum without scumchat or teammates and with absolutely no chance of winning. And that clusterfuck with alignment switch at the end just burst my barrel. The only upside is that I was spot-fucking-on about GG and Toony being scum. ]:->

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2012, 02:20:04 am »

Which makes victory always sweeter.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2012, 02:27:43 am »

"For the Emperor."

Solomon Petresun picks up his phone, hears the report, and murmurs: "Disgraceful. Bloody Imperials couldn't keep the bloody cockroaches at bay. The bloody cybrids had uncanny aim and luck on their side. The place was teeming with bloody rebels. The situation is unsalvageable. Nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

He hangs up, heaves a heavy sigh, and hopes the next colony has better luck. There are always new battles to fight against the darkness. The Earth Empire must prevail.

((Sequel, I'm glad I didn't infect you.  :P))

Also,

And most of fucking all, you WARN people before ending the fucking day. :-/

This. I didn't know the day would end, or I would've voted.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2012, 06:49:27 am »

Same. I certainly didn't want it to end on a no lynch. And I didn't exactly like the modkill either. I DID like the opportunity to see how this played from the other side.

On another note - Did urist successfully hit both cybrids with investigates? o___o

Wow.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2012, 09:41:25 am »

Here's the Cybrid Chat.  Mainly GG and myself freaking out.

I liked the paranoid trusting faction stuff but there were a lot of issues.  Maybe more players and better balancing would have helped.
Here's also the Rebel Chat, which was basically GlyphGryph trying to string jiokuy along.

Nobody posted in the Imperial Chat. I made a Dead Chat, but on the very Night when I ended the game, so I don't think providing a link would be worthwhile.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2012, 12:01:03 pm »

Meh. Cybrid team was rather OP, if they could kill and convert.

My investigation reveals imperial, rebel, or unknown. Unknown either means blocked or cybrid. It was possible I was blocked, so I withheld the result. I was going to claim today, but the game ended.  :(

Who had access to imperial chat?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2012, 10:39:59 pm »

I interpreted Unknown as a failed inspect, not as Cybrid, so I didn't stir up a lynch on Toony via Overseer chat.  I was starting to suspect him anyway... but D2 was over before I got back on to make another post.

I played pretty damn bad, so I can't really say anything.  Yay for winning for the side I never actually played on?  I apologize for being too distracted D2 to make another good post.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 25, 2012, 10:41:02 pm »

Oh, right- Overseer posts should be handled by letting the Overseer PM the mod as a free action, and have the mod post it.  That avoids account shenanigans and keeps the forum administration happy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2012, 12:06:36 pm »

I'm going to make an admission, while I like the concept behind Mafia, I don't like actually playing it and don't feel very good at it. I thought modding Mafia games would be interesting, but if I do mistakes like this (and this isn't the first time I ran a disappointing game), I don't think modding is cut out for me either. Besides, if there is less player demand, then there is less modding demand as well.

So is there any real way I could participate within Mafia if I can't mod and don't feel like being a player? Apperantly, I seem to be good at writing fluff, but fluff is incredibly minor in the Mafias as a whole, more focus is placed on scumhunting and determining the relationships between power-roles.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 29, 2012, 12:15:31 pm »

You want to participate in Mafia, but don't want to either play or mod, which are the only possible activities in here. Uh, what?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 29, 2012, 12:51:06 pm »

:-\

People get better. Failures teach you how to succeed.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]