Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Hierarchy IC: Turn 2: Spring of the First Year  (Read 2480 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Hierarchy IC: Turn 2: Spring of the First Year
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2020, 03:01:41 pm »

"Are you truly so incompetent that you are incapable of deploying a scalpel and can't even consider a plan to defend yourself from physical harm without somehow declaring war on everyone? Heaven was built by us doing exactly what you just claimed you must do to keep your own face from being disfigured. By your own measure it is founded on proactive principals."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2020, 03:19:17 pm »

Fancy words, but you might note that I have very little ability to compete against that much glory alone.

A Scalpel, as you put it, against a single Ministry is akin to being willing to use a hammer on whatever nail sticks up. Such would not last long without any support behind it. In the same way, spending so much glory in advance is completely beyond me, even if I were willing to do so. Mainly because the Ministry of Glory's own head is backing the bid, spending funds from Heaven's Coffers, with promise they will be refilled the next Cycle. It completely breaks any and all ability for a single Head of Ministry to counter. And none will for to do so means retribution, which is exactly what I was afraid of when that bill passed. I will also note that the Arbitary Arbitur is also benifiting, even though he is almost universally hated by his own Ministry, nor does his job at all, spending Glory on Beauty treatments of all things, all the while they tries to shunt those who dislike him into dangerous situations when they are unable to file a Smiting Warrant with ridiculous reasons attached.

Another issue is the fact you think this is me defending myself from attack? I am deeply worried that you think others would attack the very ministry tasked with keeping Heaven safe, but such seems to be the issue as of late.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2020, 04:02:51 pm »

but you are spending Glory backlogged for projects

I do, for the third time now, inform the Marshal of how funding works. I would like to note for the court record that this does indeed show a distinct lack of competency in the Marshall's ability as a department head.

To once again teach them what every department head should know, and seemingly already does know with the exception of our inept Marshal, there is freestanding funds in the budget for projects. The funds spent in accordance with Tuuok's request we're alloted to them from that fund and we're not "backlogged" for anything else.

I do implore that you cease your lying before this council and further, cease debasing not only yourself, but also tarnishing the reputation of this legislative body.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2020, 04:27:20 pm »

An angelclerk from the Ministry of Justice politely reminds all ministry heads that if no agreement is made on which earthly vessel will receive Heaven's Mandate, The Arbitrary Arbiter will have to make their Opinion known.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2020, 04:36:06 pm »

but you are spending Glory backlogged for projects

I do, for the third time now, inform the Marshal of how funding works. I would like to note for the court record that this does indeed show a distinct lack of competency in the Marshall's ability as a department head.

To once again teach them what every department head should know, and seemingly already does know with the exception of our inept Marshal, there is freestanding funds in the budget for projects. The funds spent in accordance with Tuuok's request we're alloted to them from that fund and we're not "backlogged" for anything else.

I do implore that you cease your lying before this council and further, cease debasing not only yourself, but also tarnishing the reputation of this legislative body.

I myself  did ask for funding to to be used for the mining of ore, but was rejected out of hand. Likewise, the funding you are using is directly against mine own personal glory from my salary, and so would be rejected out of hand. The simple fact is, you would reject, and have rejected. This is known to me, I am not insane for I do not repeat the same action expecting a different result.

It does not change the matter you are spending glory that wa backlogged for projects, not personal campaigns with no backing other than your own pilfered glory based upon an outside source, and supporting Archivist Mion in his activities, who has repeatedly shown no shame in asking and demanding glory from any source.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2020, 05:28:00 pm »

It does not change the matter you are spending glory that wa backlogged for projects, not personal campaigns with no backing other than your own pilfered glory based upon an outside source, and supporting Archivist Mion in his activities, who has repeatedly shown no shame in asking and demanding glory from any source.

Once again, this is a lie. The Glory spent comes from the Sun and Tithes.

As for Mion, records is an important department though they did make funding requests, I thought it best to deny them as a very similar request had been made by your own department and unlike you, I do not wish to see the ministries fight.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2020, 05:49:53 pm »

Fas huffs.

"How am I to know where your seemingly never-ending supply of Glory comes from. I'm unlikely to ever see that amount in my personal possession within ten cycles. And you will never feel that pain it seems."

"The die is cast, may we pick up the pieces where they fall. Though if what you say is true, Mion has gone over-budget, which will be nice to see the result of." mumbles*steal my beauty would they. Their overspending will be the death of them, not that they aren't nearly in the grave already.*

As Marshal Fas prepares for the Hunt, a messenger brings her news.

Dearest Fas, Fairest Fighter of the Heavens,

Your funding request for comet hunting has been granted. You will be provided an additional 6 Glory to be used for this project. The comet is indeed a great threat to our heavens and I will not allow our squabbles to delay it's destruction. I wish you the best of luck in your hunt, may you return packs laid heavy with loot.

As always,

Paragon Lu.

Surprised, she pens a return message before sending the angel off with it.
Spoiler: Return Letter (click to show/hide)

"Well, this is certainly a turn. The additional funding should halp greatly in preparing. We may even be able to afford that giant net woven of Celestial Orb Spider thread.

Action 1 Addendum. +6 Glory to the Hunt. Rejoice, for we ride to victory with our catch!
 We shall bring the comet down and turn it into our own strength!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 08:56:55 pm by TricMagic »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2020, 05:02:18 pm »

An angel types quickly and messily something.

"Du-Ur busy with wedding. See additional directives to be applied asap"

1. Du-Ur supports Paragon Lu in his successor choice
2. Du-Ur braces for Ministry outcry

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2020, 05:42:55 pm »

Marshal Fas could not be reached for a speech, but she sends a statement.

"Chaos shall be had then. I look forward to it, if only to see the fallout."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2020, 07:04:25 am »

Spoiler: TO THE ARCHIVIST (click to show/hide)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2020, 12:57:11 am »

Quote from: Council Voting
Orthodoxy Alteration Resolution GLR-ORX-714 Yea

Quote from: Form SCR-1243-G, Declaration of Support For Pretender
Claimant: Glorious Union of Mei Bi and General Hao
Glory Contributed: 0
Titles Supporting: The All Seeing
Ministries Supporting: The Ministry of the Realm
Angels Supporting: NONE
Claims To Legitimacy:
[  ] Bloodline
[X] Great Deeds
[X] High Character
[X] Exemplary Piety
[  ] Dire Prophecy
[X] Ambitions and/or Affections of Supporting Entities
[X] Inadequacy of Rivals
[X] Wickedness of Rivals
[X] OTHER: Time is of the essence       
[X] OTHER: Casus Belli against the Emperor for the unjust murder of one of the claimants' operatives in service to peace and the realm
[  ] OTHER:                                        

Quote from: Funding Request Form 606-C
Title: Depths Harvesting Combine
Glory Requested: 10
Description: We wish to establish a joint venture between the Ministries of Glory, Realm, and Records for the purposes of cataloguing the recently discovered pit, extracting dangerous and valuable monsters, and extracting lucrative gemstones for profit and the personal use of esteemed individuals. We estimate a modest startup cost to establish facilities for this endeavor, but have not performed an extensive survey of field conditions or operational requirements.
Action: If the funding request for this mission is approved, personally handle setting it up.

Action: Work with the Ministry of Glory to establish a Joint Committee on Heroic Quests, meant to manage and coordinate heroic quests and the heroes, monsters, and Glory associated with them.

(Free) Action: Send Archivist Mion 2 Glory as a birthday present.
Step 5: Start your adventure with your 9035 fully armored elephant seal man swordsman companions huddled around you in a circle and immediately retire.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]