Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 237

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 383586 times)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

That sounds like a good idea, Fniff. Another thing that makes a successful freeform I've found is letting the players choose the genre and action type of the world. For example, the majority of my players chose hard survival on a steampunk mega ship. Letting the majority choose what interests them seems to make the game last longer.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Indeed, I've just been using Roller's Block for FG&RP ideas sneakily disguised as RTDs. Now, if only we can keep this on the first page eternally like Roller's Block.

*raises hand* Guilty as charged. I was actually debating whether to start such a thread up here, but lacked the motivation. Now I can just hang out and kibitz until I have an idea what needs peer review. Not that I don't have random ideas eternally spewing from my mind anyway...

You are an Ant! Suggestion game where the players control an exploring worker ant in his quest to find and retrieve delicious noms whilst dodging rain, enemy soldiers, bigger bugs, treacherous terrain, little kids with magnifying glasses, and who knows what all else.

Could also work with bees.

Spoiler: Related (click to show/hide)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

And anyone who tries posting in the thread itself gets rounded up by stormtroopers and fired out of a cannon into the sun.

And JC, I think I could make that work with Keeping Up With Bay12. Hell, it could be very general. Keeping Up With Bay12 doesn't have to be in a modern reality!

OscarComrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>Respect for the dead

Well fuck you too buddy.
You're fired. I'm in charge now.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I resigned anyway, so go right ahead! Ask me any questions about what the world is like.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

And anyone who tries posting in the thread itself gets rounded up by stormtroopers and fired out of a cannon into the sun.

And JC, I think I could make that work with Keeping Up With Bay12. Hell, it could be very general. Keeping Up With Bay12 doesn't have to be in a modern reality!
Keeping up with Bay12 had no concept of reality, with sub-basements, dragons, interdimensional portals, demons, spontaneous rapid reconstruction, a guy with a gunblade, a guy that kept an eldritch horror as a pet, an apathetic landlord, a quirky and grouchy ass engineer...the list goes on.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness

>Respect for the dead

Well fuck you too buddy.
You're fired. I'm in charge now.
Yeahhhhhhhh no.

You're fired. I rehire whoever you fired.

Moral of the story: Do not shit in the thread of one of the oldest FG&R's threads.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That eldritch guy was me, and goddamn am I so proud of that.

But it's seemingly in a modern world. In the vaguest sense.

Another idea, instead of just "No Godmoding", it actually says what would be godmoding, like getting tons of supplies from nowhere.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 04:29:57 pm by Fniff »

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

Yeah, I know it was you, Fniff, that's why I specifically mentioned it. Howard bit my characters finger off early on, if I recall correctly. Also I was gunblade guy.

And giving some tight definitions for godmodding could be tough, but it does seem possible.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I had a quick search and I found the game I was looking for.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=61770.msg1408816#msg1408816

Anyone think rerunning it slightly differently would be a valid idea?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

So I had a quick search and I found the game I was looking for.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=61770.msg1408816#msg1408816

Anyone think rerunning it slightly differently would be a valid idea?

Yeah, that looks pretty sweet.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The best part is that you belong to nobody, so you can do whatever you want.

I'm considering having some kind of tech tree in this game-some tiles can have research markers, which, if delivered, give a bonus. Thoughts?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Reality cascade

The end of time is approaching, the walls of the universe are coming down, battered and broken. The apocalypse has come. Across the multiverse, cracks in the spacetime continuum are appearing. Time storms are ravaging the earth, and nothing can be trusted to be what it is.  The multiverse is folding  onto itself. The epicentre of this cascade is Planet earth, where all the Earths from across the multiverse are folding on top of each other.  Entire continents blink out of existing, replaced by copies from alternate universa. War soon erupts, as each civilization tries to anchor itself into the one remaining reality, and not to dissapear into the void.

Spoiler: What is this (click to show/hide)

Signup sheet
Name:
Nation:
   -Description:
   -Species
   -Starting location (Description needed)
Altearth
   -Dominant species
   -Description and look
   -Atmospherical peanut concentration:1-100  (More peanuts, the more unstable the place is. This allows for incredible feats as magic and gods and such, but make it easier to blip back out of existebce)
   -Differences in physics or other laws of nature (Require a quite high APC, only active on own terretory)
   -Other information
Spoiler: Word explanation (click to show/hide)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I actually had the same idea, but it was an RP.

Heh. Perhaps combine the two lores into one... :P

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

Fniff and me got the reboot of Keeping Up started, with new and improved guidelines for play and a system to deal with unruly players.

Fuck yes.

Here's a link to the game thread, if you're interested.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 237