Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 237

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 382723 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #3225 on: October 22, 2017, 08:22:47 pm »

Against my better judgement, I am going to attempt to GM a game of Blood Bowm on these forums. Check out Bloody Bay!
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: October 23, 2017, 08:38:34 am »

I just had an interesting idea for a game:

Orks on a 40k space hulk. The objective would be to carve out a base, and build wargear for the ineveitable landing while fighting off groups of tyranids and other enviromental hazards. The game would run for a semi-random period of time, before the spacehulk reaches a good place to invade. At that point I would sum up each player's wargear, declare one player (or more if a group builds something cool) "bestus ork" or some such and start over.

Probably I would do turns twice a week or so on a fixed schedule so things don't bog down.

Basically explore the hulk, collect supplies and materials, build gear, use gear to explore more dangerous areas, repeat until a (secret) timelimit.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: October 23, 2017, 11:17:23 am »

A 4X RPG with 40k orks? That does sound like it could be a whole lot of fun.

Would it be a collective effort, with every player united under the same leader, or a loose coalition, with everyone in control of their own little war-band?

Another thing is, I don't really know all that much about WH lore, but about orks, one thing would come to mind. Their infighting.
Obviously, this would translate to pvp actions between different players. If not handled with care, this might turn into bad blood quickly.
Just imagine; "Player 1, has found a rare weapon on turn 2. Three turns later, is has become appearant that he really had the luck of the draw, and that it will be hard to top that weapon anytime soon. On turn 6, he rolls badly, and is wounded heavily / has to rest for a turn or two. Player 2 uses this chance to shake down the wounded Player 1, and grabs the artifact weapon for himself."
From my guess, that would just be a normal day in most orc warbands, but I'm less sure it would also be fun to play. Well, if people are adequately prepared for this to happen / the op mentions that such actions are fine, it could even spice up the gameplay. Well, the infighting mechanics might become a very important part of the game, is all I'm trying to say.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: October 23, 2017, 02:30:21 pm »

I'm thinking each player gets an ork, and they more-or-less work together. I want there to be incentives for working on team projects, but not to the point where everyone is working together all the time. More "two guys making a buggy" while at the same time competing for personal equipment.

In-fighting... Probably best to simply not allow it, although some zero consequences PVP (aka, you can't die or lose your stuff) would be ok if two people want to test wargear on each other for RP reasons or otherwise. Maybe bet gear on quick PVP fights or something, but no backstabbing to steal gear. By mutual agreement only.

I'm still thinking about exactly how I want the system to work. I don't want it to be too luck based. Currently I'm thinking about gating the best loot behind obstacles and enemies so that exploration, clever solutions, and brave attacks are all rewarded. I see lots of loot tables in my future :)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: October 25, 2017, 12:06:58 pm »

Seeing SpaceStory going so well made me think of a space game I made up yeaaaaars ago.

Dragon Space: 4x Space Empire rp. Instead of Arms Race or Research you have development points.

Three categories.

1 point is needed, max is ten. (Representing tier of culture.)

Categories:

Technology: Just how advanced you are.

Magic: How gifted at magic you are.

Biology: How evolved your people are.

And after making up cultures. Stuck with picks. As in no new development points. Just play it out with players as there were four ways to "win".

Culture Win: If the enemies people rather join you. Win.

Military: Obvious. Kill everyone that is not you.

Saviors: Defeat the super nasty npc race that shows up in occasion.

Election: When the galaxy is completely colonized. There will be a election to who runs things. Winner take all. Held every so often.

Players: As many as twelve.

Map: I suck at this so sadly cannot do it. (Used to table top my home brew stuff so I drew maps and stuff.)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: October 26, 2017, 08:42:21 pm »

Two ideas right now.
1: A free form space adventure, the basic idea is your a spaceship captain.
2: I really whant to try Twilght 2000 as a setting (in short WWIII happen and NATO fought the Warsaw Pact followed by a (limited) nuclear war)
But i not really keen on most of the rules as there clunky.
Im thinking of a D6 roll
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: October 28, 2017, 12:17:18 am »

Thinking of Deagon Space having 18 points and players can have two sides. Galaxy is big enough. Found file on it. Wolill post in future.

As for Archins SG adventure, I found file of the Piwers and will post that next update.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: October 28, 2017, 10:45:25 am »

Two ideas right now.
1: A free form space adventure, the basic idea is your a spaceship captain.
2: I really whant to try Twilght 2000 as a setting (in short WWIII happen and NATO fought the Warsaw Pact followed by a (limited) nuclear war)
But i not really keen on most of the rules as there clunky.
Im thinking of a D6 roll
Would these both be suggestion games? If so, I like the sound of a Twilight 2000 SG with simpler rules.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: October 29, 2017, 10:40:18 pm »

Both will probably be run as a suggestion game, to keep it simple and not give me the need to be fair with the rules or wait for payers.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: October 30, 2017, 10:02:41 am »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: October 30, 2017, 08:11:29 pm »

So I basically reinvented the basic Arms Race engine. Feedback?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: November 10, 2017, 01:46:48 am »

Scraping Dragon Space. If time next week finally updating the Commander thing.

Inspired still by SpaceyStory by Kittytrac.

Thinking now of reviving my fallen Pangaea world but multiple clans/player sides. Still with whacky animals, magic, non humans and such though.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: November 10, 2017, 05:34:01 pm »

I'm honestly not sure if this is the right place to ask but...

It has been a very long time since a game of Tacticus has occured. Would anyone be interested in one, if one were to start?

(Link is just an example for those unfamiliar.)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: November 11, 2017, 05:53:55 am »

Tacticus is most bizarre and complex thing that I don't understand in here.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: November 11, 2017, 06:59:26 am »

It is sort of Dwarven Calvinball I guess. Just make up rules and pretend we're all playing a board game that everyone understands. Sort of Mornington Crescent like I guess though that probably doesn't help at all. Toady was planning on making procedural board games a feature of Dwarf Fortress because of course he was. Probably still is but don't quote me on that. People decided to emulate it a few times, and that's one of the earliest/most complete games I could find on the forums. Later games would use tools like things like rexpaint and asciidraw to make an actual board.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 10:05:35 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 237