Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 237

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 383559 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #3240 on: November 20, 2017, 05:51:25 pm »

Thinking of following:

A sand box kingdom game set in Pangaea ( Fantasy Conan style Stone Age with fantasy things and prehistoric life forms.)

A couple SG adventures or a attempt at a group adventure. Thinking military/super powers. Like a Weapon X Affair. ( In one case just as bad, in other cases are the good guys.)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: November 20, 2017, 06:27:58 pm »

A sand box kingdom game set in Pangaea ( Fantasy Conan style Stone Age with fantasy things and prehistoric life forms.)
Ooh.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: November 21, 2017, 03:54:43 am »

Ooh.
I like to play this.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Custom Critical

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: November 21, 2017, 10:54:30 am »

Thinking of following:

A couple SG adventures or a attempt at a group adventure. Thinking military/super powers. Like a Weapon X Affair. ( In one case just as bad, in other cases are the good guys.)
Both of these interest me.
Self-Improvement Junkie | "Practice without improvement is meaningless."

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: November 30, 2017, 02:03:57 pm »

Pangaea: One super continent with thirty islands on edges with north and South Pole. Technology level is Stone Age with capacity for smith work. No cities or towns yet. Just nomads/Stone Age people trying to survive to get enough numbers to make towns, which become cities, which become nations.

Also fantasy creatures, magic, and prehistoric crittersexist.

Super power stuff

Ultimate Weapon: Either your weapon x in hunting down rogue elements or escaping the program and on the lamb.

Aegis Program: Augmented humans defending humanity from monsters.

Project Titans: Augmented humans fighting war against aliens.

Anime themed rpg

Tower of Fate: A tower appears. People go in and battle/ explore attempting to reach the top. Rogue like with anime themes and no perma death due to plot.

Battle World: Like kill the God modder except instead of targeting god modder you just fight amongst yourselves, for fun. Can bring in any characters you made for fun, though rules change on a turn basis.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: November 30, 2017, 03:25:08 pm »

Pangaea: One super continent with thirty islands on edges with north and South Pole. Technology level is Stone Age with capacity for smith work. No cities or towns yet. Just nomads/Stone Age people trying to survive to get enough numbers to make towns, which become cities, which become nations.

Also fantasy creatures, magic, and prehistoric crittersexist.
Sounds neat, but I'd advise caution with transitions or split focuses. A game about nomadic tribes and also nations runs the risk of mutating strangely and/or doing each section poorly.

Anime themed rpg

Tower of Fate: A tower appears. People go in and battle/ explore attempting to reach the top. Rogue like with anime themes and no perma death due to plot.
Sounds interesting, but it'll depend a lot on the execution. There's a ton of ways to do anime and a ton of ways to do a roguelike.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: December 01, 2017, 11:45:01 pm »

Well in Pangaea pcs are nomadic tribal nations. At the start. All current nations are non human npcs, who are happy in their bubble realms of prosperity. But yeah just thinking of balancing magic.

As for anime, wrote three stat systems. Each could work though two are for other games (though may mention them in future.) and they work.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #3247 on: December 06, 2017, 05:29:08 am »

What if someone mixed arms race with Fire Emblem? Like improving weapons... Would that work?
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: December 06, 2017, 10:20:45 am »

What if someone mixed arms race with Fire Emblem? Like improving weapons... Would that work?

You tell me. You barely suggested the crossover and already have a question v;
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: December 06, 2017, 11:07:55 am »

What you could do is mix the Fire Emblem battle system with an arms race interim, in an arena type fashion- each team gets a chance to develop weapons for the gladiatorial combat, then goes up against the other team.

You would to be careful with defining weapon/armor stats though.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: December 17, 2017, 02:41:24 pm »

Thinking of a suggestion game adventure as a fusion of Bleach (the series) and Valkyrie Profile.

Collecting souls, battling monsters, being a bad ass, and define your fate by actions.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #3251 on: December 19, 2017, 07:24:12 pm »

Looking for feedback on this game. I have one excited player returning, I have had no other hits. Why do you think that is?
Awesome With Autism

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: December 19, 2017, 07:46:40 pm »

This game needs feedback. And players. And proofreading.

It needs everything except rules cuz I have them already hur hur.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: December 19, 2017, 07:58:06 pm »

Looking for feedback on this game. I have one excited player returning, I have had no other hits. Why do you think that is?
I think it might be the complexity. I was interested in the first game in its series due to how easy it was to play(especially with regards to card design), but then everything got more complicated and all of a sudden I need to upload an image...
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #3254 on: December 19, 2017, 08:20:20 pm »

I think it might be the complexity. I was interested in the first game in its series due to how easy it was to play(especially with regards to card design), but then everything got more complicated and all of a sudden I need to upload an image...
Thanks, I'll offer to upload images...

As for the rules anything in particular?
Awesome With Autism
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 237