Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 251895 times)

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #3390 on: February 21, 2019, 01:02:48 am »

Sounds fun.  Will there be crises that people will have to work together on,  or will the players create their own conflicts?
Both, I have a few ideas for environmental challenges as well as other tribes for the players to deal with.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: March 14, 2019, 08:08:34 pm »

Idea, since the Eldrich horror of Web of Life is hot...
Something based more directly on Darkest Dungeon outright, with the characters controlling the PC and loosely the PC's party as they cleave through the Darkness and the Madness. PC creation is simple, choosing class and appearance, crafting a personality that affects their starting stats, all of that. The party members? Their life is from RNGsus himself. Make a big focus on writing challenges for bonuses and wild ideas so crazy they just might work.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: March 14, 2019, 09:33:33 pm »

That sounds like a cool one. So list of classes or make them up? I got four adventuring people in mind. Battle Mage, Dracomancer, Hunter ( Castlevania style) or A Mutant.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: March 18, 2019, 08:14:56 am »

Got a idea for a Seven Year War Game. Or basically Gun powder world war and with magic/far out tech.

And yes can research technsnd such but this time different from a Arms Race. As there is two ways to research. And research is different anyway

10 players, four chunks of land each, money each turn. This money defines actions. If run out of colonies draw from main country treasury, should that run out player is out of the game.

Gold spent on units ( ground forces, naval fleet, or sky fleet.)

As for research:

1: 3 Gold for random rrsearchn( roll 1/10 due. Result is the type of tech you get to decide to use.)

2: 6 Coins. You, get to decide what the Gell you want, without question but I The GM decide how legal/illegal it is.

No teams of Arms Race and one thread for game.

Ten players for ten countries. Team up of 5 ca 5.

Also another unit is Mercs. Non humans who gladly fight for cash. Whoever gets said tribe first keeps them for good.

Unit hp: Yes your units have hp, the healthiest is ready, then wounded, depleted and lastly over run. Over run basically means dead.

Land forces only forces to secure land and defend it from other land invaders.

Naval aside carrying land forces can fight naval fleets and block gold of port cities which also denies them troop forces that choke point.

Sky Fleets can Attack anywhere on map, best vs other sky fleets and can bomb lower levels, just less accurate, and threat of being taken down.

Oh and magic is real. Can research that too ( always 4 Gold though and each country only can have one type. Pick from start. Huge variety to choose from.)

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: March 18, 2019, 12:49:44 pm »

My idea for the list is to rip it directly from Darkest Dungeon, honestly...
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: March 21, 2019, 03:30:23 pm »

New Pangaea ( Sci Fi version)

Council rules like with current Darkness game.

Freedom’s Song: Here the pc faction are a people, slaves who escaped out ofbslavery with a super high tech ship. The first true FTL ship. I roll planet and stuff at start. The objective is simple. Survive.

And nice enough that no toxic, barren, or brine stone worlds here. No fun if everyone dies in seconds of planetside. The goal is to stay alive and master the elements.

The second:

Free Clans: Here every player a representative of their clan ( there are like 60 or more clans. Huge character list.) you guys basically exploring the universe and keeping yourself free. ( max players will be 14. The rest get npced, unless you want to control a group for real.)

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: April 06, 2019, 09:32:27 am »

I have one thing I am currently unsure about how I should handle skills and quantification for my current quest. Which can be found at the following link. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173660.0

I want whatever method I use I want to scale well to where It would work for something that lasted for up to 50-60 updates. I plan to finish before then. But, giving myself some wiggle room without reworking the system would be nice.

I have several ideas but I am unsure which is best. I have already discarded a gamer like system because it does not match what tone and level of feedback I want for the quest.

1) Use a letter grade system similar to Zander's quest. For any small effects I would just put it in my notes and give a notice when it hits a threshold to inform you.

2) Hidden Stats: Don't show the readers any detail about the actual stat level instead give clues through showing in writing.

3) Word based progress descriptions. Have a status area that shows a general description of the categories of skill the character has with descriptions for the capabilities they have.

4)Hybrid: Use quantified ranks only when I think capabilities are vague.  giving a stat for more mental, spiritual, and magical things while just describing literally what they know they can do for more physical things.

5) Hybrid 2: Use quantified ranks. Inform the reader when the increase. But don't tell them what the current value is in numbers just give a description. Optionally, tell them the amount they increased by numerically.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: April 13, 2019, 06:15:54 pm »

Probability based calculations for simulating gun fighting:

Chance to hit = angular size of target / (Mechanical Accuracy x Shooter skill Modifier x velocity modifiers)

Angular size = tan (cross-section)/distance

Shooter skill modifier = (100 - skill)
Where skill is an integer from 1 to 99

Or:
We could normalize the shooter skill a bit into

Chance to hit = angular size of target / (Mechanical Accuracy x (100x1/shooter skill) x velocity modifiers)
Where shooter skill is an integer from 1 to 100

Modifiers:
Automatic bursts: multiplies spread by number of shots up to a maximum value 10 (firing 200 shots comes with a penalty of x10 to accuracy)

cross sectional area (m^2):
human: 0.7
human crouched: 0.3
human prone: 0.1
human, covered or concealed shooting: 0.02
Car (front): 2.7
M1 Abrams (front): 8.9

rule of thumb mechanical accuracies in degrees:
Assault rifle: 0.03
Handguns: 0.30
cannons: 0.30

Human Run Speed: 5 m/s
Human Fast March: 3 m/s
Human Walk: 1.6 m/s
.223 Remington: 1000 m/s

Running Human's Deviation at 100m: 0.5m
Angular deviation at 100m: 0.286
Angular deviation at 200m: 0.286
Angular deviation at 300m: 0.286
(Running at 5m/s could add a flat x10 modifier to accuracy)

Assault rifle hit probabilities at 0.03 degrees mechanical accuracy, 0.7 m2 human target
100m: 13.33
200m: 6.67
300m: 4.33
400m: 3.33
500m: 2.67
600m: 2.23
700m: 1.90
800m: 1.67

Assault rifle hit probabilities at 0.03 degrees mechanical accuracy, 0.1 m2 prone human target
100m: 1.9
200m: 0.95
300m: 0.64
400m: 0.47
500m: 0.37
600m: 0.30
700m: 0.26
800m: 0.23

Note: A handgun would have approximately /10 probabilities. A running target adds another /10

Note: An untrained civilian with skill 1 will be effective with an assault rifle up to 13m based on the above formulas...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 08:31:49 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: April 20, 2019, 11:52:44 am »

I've an idea for superhero game with communal worldbuilding and random generation elements. I really liked Ardent Debater's 'Near Future Street Level Super' game a while back, where the super type everyone was got randomly rolled. I also really like the Universe Creation idea in the Icons RPG, so...

Essentially, the game starts with the creation of the setting. I'll likely set down some general ideas and themes first, or we do that together, and maybe a time period (so we could go for Jazz Age Supers, Cold War Supers, Modern Supers, Near Future Supers, etc...). Then everyone player creates a Premier Hero, a world-class superhero at the top of the power weight class, two Champion Heroes, who are the B-level-still-powerful-best-in-their-city types, and three Street Level heroes for the city we'll actually be playing in. We also do a round of villains - not sure of the numbers there, but tied to specific heroes and the city - and some non-super supporting cast for the city. There's also Features - additional things of interest, ranging from Super Spy Organizations to Ancient Conspiracies - which will be tied to aforementioned characters and fill out the world. I tie all this together and work it into a coherent world (vetoing if necessary, but preferably not).

That may sound like a lot, but it's not that much for one player. These need not be fully finalized characters, just names, general ideas, how they fit in the world at the least, hopefully leaving room for me and other players to add to. The idea is to communally create an interesting world everyone's engaged with before we even start playing.

Now, as for who we're actually playing - it could be one of these characters, or it could be new ones with randomly generated powers like in the aforementioned game, since that was pretty fun. It could be either the general type of super or the powers in full - Icons has a system for the latter too. The PCs would start off as street level heroes in the same city, still learning the ropes, and thus no doubt needing to band together when they have to face the stronger villains there...

I'm not totally sure on the system. Mutants and Masterminds is something I'm familiar with, but Icons seems fun and fairly simple. I could also go for some kind of simple homebrew. Some kind of cannibalized unholy hybrid might also work for me. I'm thinking I might keep that 'hidden' from players unless they really wanted to understand it anyway; minmaxing and learning a system wouldn't be the point here.

Thoughts? Does that sound like fun?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: April 20, 2019, 04:55:58 pm »

https://images.app.goo.gl/HBFf7cvWbR2mg4tV6

If someone can help map things with a A-Z chart going up/down and left to right. Would be in business.

Got a ton more of space stuff to throw in here.

Keep in mind, it is not one hundred percent me. I got inspiration from another forum.

But still awesome idea.

roseheart

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Game
    • View Profile
    • SquadCraft: Tides of Dark Chocolate
« Reply #3400 on: April 20, 2019, 05:48:32 pm »

How much detail within each lettered region?
"[Masahiro Sakurai] deserves a Nobel peace prize for bringing everyone together ☮"
-YouTube commenter

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: April 20, 2019, 06:04:39 pm »

Each square in said chart would be a sector composed of 4 parts.

To also create pc and npc need coloring agents/labels. This shitty phone does not do that yet and not with my computer.

Aside grid. This has 9 tiers of faction “power “

Edit: As for what is on each said grid chart. Me or co GM just make up stuff how to throw players into doing things.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 06:06:12 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

roseheart

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: April 21, 2019, 04:41:12 pm »

https://images.app.goo.gl/HBFf7cvWbR2mg4tV6

If someone can help map things with a A-Z chart going up/down and left to right. Would be in business.

Got a ton more of space stuff to throw in here.

Keep in mind, it is not one hundred percent me. I got inspiration from another forum.

But still awesome idea.

https://i.imgtc.com/WekH4r1.png

https://i.imgtc.com/rDCfo3m.png

?
"[Masahiro Sakurai] deserves a Nobel peace prize for bringing everyone together ☮"
-YouTube commenter

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: April 21, 2019, 06:36:09 pm »

Like the lower one, yes.

roseheart

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: April 21, 2019, 07:22:28 pm »

You're welcome to use it.
-YouTube commenter
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228