Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 237

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 380409 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #3315 on: July 02, 2018, 10:41:22 am »

LANDGRAB, or Diplomacy for Dummies.

It goes away with units, and only Supply Areas count. Secrecy, backstabs and shenanigans are all encouraged, though if someone skims the rules for something obvious I missed, that would be great :)
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: July 02, 2018, 11:00:15 am »

Three projects I have been shy of as I doubt they will work (attempted one of them, but well yeah.)

Onslaught: Fictional we2 game with 2-3 sides. What makes it a problem is instead of Arms race mechanic research is spreading through a tech tree I designed. Which I doubt is considered good her and even made rpg style stats for well, everything.

Inferum: I posted it on this very thread. The numbers too damn intimidating and working on how much one does a turn.

Stellar Legions: I did attempt this, And was working fine until someone asked for resources chart. Why? The resource pool is freakken worlds, so I figured that would not be a issue to try to keep it Space opera rp/strategy. But yeah, one thing I refuse except in Pangaea games is resource handling. Too many numbers. ( In Onslaught Resources are bard in resource picks. Which chur it up. So no asking there.)

Next time: Sci fi Pangaea stuff.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 02:13:58 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: July 03, 2018, 02:17:03 pm »

Well I cannot find the other Pangaea notes. But on trip to doctor thought I’d something. Super Heroes, my way.

Besides naming and character info, only four things.

1: How useful powers are ( die roll of 20 sides)

2: How many? ( up to 30)

3: How powerful it actually is ( die 100)

4: Weakness: Got to have one. It needs to be serious.

Aside that no dice, just role playing it out and tossing stat numbers aside. ( which is a huge deal for me as I usually stat the hell out of everything.)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: July 06, 2018, 02:26:55 pm »

Pangaea Science Fiction:

Doing Orbiter. Rest

Prophets of the Wastes: Post apocalypse nomad tribes due to great disaster. What holds them together is faith and the need to survive.

Genesis: Humanity is extinct. New Humans, artificial took their place.

Thug: This time gangs managing themselves to survive some mean streets.

Network: Here the setting is a Geo Ark, massive underground structure as life above is just, really bad now. Several groups, trying to maintain life and order. Though the blame of who caused the disaster has made people really bitter and judge mental. Soon, groups are formed.

Cities on Wheels: Due to disaster the last human hubs (they consider anyway) are massive Hub cities that go around, harvesting resources and killing other Hub cities for their resources besides armies of bandits and kaiju mobsters that want to eat said cities of their energy. ( This and Geo Ark are in reality in same world.)

Nu Eden: A ship made it to habitable planet. People are divided into six camps. Humanists, Masters, High Born, Evolutionaries, Cybermancers,  And Post Humans. The six contesting which way is the best.

Society: Humanity rules the Solar System with a ruler. It’s all Feudal as 4 houses conptete for that damn throne. Game of Thrones, sci fi And in space.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: July 09, 2018, 06:38:46 pm »

Since it's SPORTS SEASON and there's some kind of ball-kicking contest going around, I'd like to introduce a game idea/system I've been toying with: THE ELEMENTALIST GAMES. Inspired by various sports (I'm a hockey guy, to be honest, but there's football in there too) and the Pro Bending in Legend of Korra, it's an exciting sports management suggestion game of magic and glory! Ahem:

Long ago, the wise and mighty dragons gifted Men, the people of the Earth, power over the three Elements, to be used for balance, harmony and good in the world... but that's enough ancient history - it's time for another season of the most exciting, most entertaining, most exceptional mage sport worldwide... THE ELEMENTALIST GAMES!

That's right - starting today, you get to join us for a long and bountiful season of the Games, live and unfiltered on AstralCast! So get your tickets now and put in your bets... there'll be no stopping the action now! We've got a lot of strong teams this year, but only one will go on to claim the Dragon Cup. Who'll it be? We've got our eye on a few teams, from champions of the past to fresh challengers at their first shot at the prize. Only the team with the best players, the best coaching staff, the best management can triumph!

Let's take a look at one of the most promising teams in the running this year. Their new manager has a lot of expectations on their shoulders, whether from the fans, the players or the owners... only time will tell if they can fulfill those expectations and help bring home the Cup!

Spoiler: The Elementalist Games (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)

I could see some further player involvement elements working here - letting players be Sponsors, or suggest their own players for the team, or somesuch. Rewards for in-character posts of 'live' commentary, analysis, news articles, fan noise, etc, could be rewarded with extra XP for players or bonuses in certain places, that sort of thing. There's also the option of doing this as a multiplayer game with each player claiming a team, but that would be a lot more work.

The mechanical side would be just one part of it, obviously. There'd be exciting intrigues and choices, personal issues to take care of, delving deep into the details of managing a magic sports team. I'd probably also do a World Championships intermission, where you'd get to manage the national team of one of the world's realms in an Olympics/World Cup-style contest.

So, thoughts, comments, ideas? I've been tinkering with these kinds of management systems for a while, and this is one I could see myself enjoying running for a while.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: July 11, 2018, 11:55:50 am »

Thinking of a spin off from sci fi Pangaea called the Society. In which one is either Emperor (or empress) A ruling Lord or Lady, orba young upstart noble trying to make it big in stellar empire.

It will be Pangaea style, but single faction/SG affair that players all run course of one character at a time. What is different from Pangaea is Society has no Arms Race research stuff and managing pc and npc relations as key. Organic lore build too. Just working on stats, gear and stuff. Probably in the Fall.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: July 11, 2018, 03:03:34 pm »

So, thoughts, comments, ideas? I've been tinkering with these kinds of management systems for a while, and this is one I could see myself enjoying running for a while.
System's too complex for me to grasp without chewing on it a while, so I'd recommend including some hearty examples. I don't think I'd be able to comment on the specifics without running a few trials.

I'm curious about the focus and longterm flow of the game. I get from the mechanics that they're centered on play-by-play decisionmaking and consequences (I think?), but I'm curious if that's what the game is mainly about and what happens in between. How do we recruit/train/manage our players? Do they whine at us about not getting enough screentime and demand higher pay, or act as mostly interchangeable pegs? What's the format for arranging matches, and how does that lead into the big leagues but presumably not quickly?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: July 12, 2018, 05:27:47 am »

System's too complex for me to grasp without chewing on it a while, so I'd recommend including some hearty examples. I don't think I'd be able to comment on the specifics without running a few trials.

I'm curious about the focus and longterm flow of the game. I get from the mechanics that they're centered on play-by-play decisionmaking and consequences (I think?), but I'm curious if that's what the game is mainly about and what happens in between. How do we recruit/train/manage our players? Do they whine at us about not getting enough screentime and demand higher pay, or act as mostly interchangeable pegs? What's the format for arranging matches, and how does that lead into the big leagues but presumably not quickly?

I answered a lot of this here, committing filthy cross-forum postings. I’ll get a concrete test/example thing up to show it in action here or there soonish.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: July 13, 2018, 02:26:28 pm »

As for the fall project. It is a SG sort of thing, takes place in far space expanding future and there are multiple tiers for playing. Also, character stats, faction stats, and a actual resource chart I am working on.

Easiest character tier to hardest

Slave: Sounds weird but it’s all missions. Either as gladiator, soldier, crew member, builder, or soldier. Also your a post human. Artificial made being. All gear and living conditions are free. But no freedom of employment.

Free: No Imperial ties. A operative of their own design, small fries though unless make big moves.

Banner Folk: Term for those who directly serve a noble house.

Young noble: Noble born, trying to be the best around.

Adult Noble: Have access to a important business in the Empire. Nobles do have it harder as they must deal with the other houses.

Archons: Those who serve Inperium by controlling armies or governing whole worlds.

Eidolon: These people serve the Imperial Throne, directly. Very high budget and luxuries. But got to appeal to the boss and try to stay alive.

Sovereign/Emperor/Empiress/Etc: Oh Hell, the top. Get to decide damn near anything as your word is law and full power of the Inperium is yours. As long you show you do your job well, people are healthy and you can deal with upstarts who seek your position. The top is nice, but so many things that need to be done.

Yeah first three are adventuring sorts of rod. The rest get more tactics/politics and strategy.

Mainly trying to get notes together and resources spreadsheets.

Also in this game there are different stat charts.

Emperor has personal stats (all Ha s this.)
Faction stats ( this case the Empire, Nobles, their House. Eidolons, their resources.)
Exclusive to Top: Public relations: How well your likes by those in Imperium. Military, Church, Commoners, Criminal Element and individual houses. Needless to say, cannot please all.

The others mainly first listed have to worry about their own skin and fear. The list of stuff goes up accordingly.

Edit:

Also working on a Perk/ Flaw/ Title System based on how the players act and what it does for gameplay.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 11:04:47 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: July 17, 2018, 12:30:13 pm »

New games.

Ruins Series: Finite combat games.

Finite in rounds, and resources.

Ruin Space: Salvaging ships, really dangerous alien ones.

Ruin Scape: Either exploring alien ruins or combat in human cities.

Ruin Tech: Army fighting, includes vehicles.

The City: Fantasy rpg That is very different. Classes are jobs. Stuff like plumbers, electriana, stone workers, carpenters, and etc. a sort of rpg community thing ( three jobs deal with weapons directly.)

Spark of Creation: Sci fi rpg. You get to play Frankenstein and make your own creations ( not Genius though. Something else.)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: July 17, 2018, 12:48:48 pm »

So when you will make those games? v:
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: July 17, 2018, 01:34:11 pm »

When I get free time and my file card back. Also thinking of warping up the current games I am on. One has promise, the other will get haste’s.

Also doing this college thing so not always one hundred percent game making right now. When I have time, I will. Two game slots now.

God Quest is going to get haste’s.

Orbiter, can hold out but it can end really quickly depending on what happens.

Also, depends which game everyone wants to play. Thinking a single player/group suggestion thing, but some of course, have multi player.

Edit: The space game with player tiers is Throne of Stars, made a fantasy version called Master of Gaia. The concept down, working on meat and potatoes. In Master there is King Maker, Conqueror and Dynasty modes.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 03:51:48 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: July 18, 2018, 04:09:54 pm »

Last one (for real)

Story/ Suggestion game. Plot is a WW situation between three sides. You are to pick which side your on as we narrate the war and it’s affects based on character interactions and just trying to stay alive.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: July 19, 2018, 11:16:11 am »

And based on everyone’s top three favs of what I posted is what will show up in the future.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: July 23, 2018, 11:33:48 pm »

Notice: Due to activity in Arms Race games going to make God Quest over. In a little. Lack of activity in Orbiter. It can get ending though.

As for games to make.

It will be three. You guys pick the three, I will do them.
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 237