Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 237

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 380391 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #3375 on: April 13, 2019, 06:15:54 pm »

Probability based calculations for simulating gun fighting:

Chance to hit = angular size of target / (Mechanical Accuracy x Shooter skill Modifier x velocity modifiers)

Angular size = tan (cross-section)/distance

Shooter skill modifier = (100 - skill)
Where skill is an integer from 1 to 99

Or:
We could normalize the shooter skill a bit into

Chance to hit = angular size of target / (Mechanical Accuracy x (100x1/shooter skill) x velocity modifiers)
Where shooter skill is an integer from 1 to 100

Modifiers:
Automatic bursts: multiplies spread by number of shots up to a maximum value 10 (firing 200 shots comes with a penalty of x10 to accuracy)

cross sectional area (m^2):
human: 0.7
human crouched: 0.3
human prone: 0.1
human, covered or concealed shooting: 0.02
Car (front): 2.7
M1 Abrams (front): 8.9

rule of thumb mechanical accuracies in degrees:
Assault rifle: 0.03
Handguns: 0.30
cannons: 0.30

Human Run Speed: 5 m/s
Human Fast March: 3 m/s
Human Walk: 1.6 m/s
.223 Remington: 1000 m/s

Running Human's Deviation at 100m: 0.5m
Angular deviation at 100m: 0.286
Angular deviation at 200m: 0.286
Angular deviation at 300m: 0.286
(Running at 5m/s could add a flat x10 modifier to accuracy)

Assault rifle hit probabilities at 0.03 degrees mechanical accuracy, 0.7 m2 human target
100m: 13.33
200m: 6.67
300m: 4.33
400m: 3.33
500m: 2.67
600m: 2.23
700m: 1.90
800m: 1.67

Assault rifle hit probabilities at 0.03 degrees mechanical accuracy, 0.1 m2 prone human target
100m: 1.9
200m: 0.95
300m: 0.64
400m: 0.47
500m: 0.37
600m: 0.30
700m: 0.26
800m: 0.23

Note: A handgun would have approximately /10 probabilities. A running target adds another /10

Note: An untrained civilian with skill 1 will be effective with an assault rifle up to 13m based on the above formulas...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 08:31:49 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: April 20, 2019, 11:52:44 am »

I've an idea for superhero game with communal worldbuilding and random generation elements. I really liked Ardent Debater's 'Near Future Street Level Super' game a while back, where the super type everyone was got randomly rolled. I also really like the Universe Creation idea in the Icons RPG, so...

Essentially, the game starts with the creation of the setting. I'll likely set down some general ideas and themes first, or we do that together, and maybe a time period (so we could go for Jazz Age Supers, Cold War Supers, Modern Supers, Near Future Supers, etc...). Then everyone player creates a Premier Hero, a world-class superhero at the top of the power weight class, two Champion Heroes, who are the B-level-still-powerful-best-in-their-city types, and three Street Level heroes for the city we'll actually be playing in. We also do a round of villains - not sure of the numbers there, but tied to specific heroes and the city - and some non-super supporting cast for the city. There's also Features - additional things of interest, ranging from Super Spy Organizations to Ancient Conspiracies - which will be tied to aforementioned characters and fill out the world. I tie all this together and work it into a coherent world (vetoing if necessary, but preferably not).

That may sound like a lot, but it's not that much for one player. These need not be fully finalized characters, just names, general ideas, how they fit in the world at the least, hopefully leaving room for me and other players to add to. The idea is to communally create an interesting world everyone's engaged with before we even start playing.

Now, as for who we're actually playing - it could be one of these characters, or it could be new ones with randomly generated powers like in the aforementioned game, since that was pretty fun. It could be either the general type of super or the powers in full - Icons has a system for the latter too. The PCs would start off as street level heroes in the same city, still learning the ropes, and thus no doubt needing to band together when they have to face the stronger villains there...

I'm not totally sure on the system. Mutants and Masterminds is something I'm familiar with, but Icons seems fun and fairly simple. I could also go for some kind of simple homebrew. Some kind of cannibalized unholy hybrid might also work for me. I'm thinking I might keep that 'hidden' from players unless they really wanted to understand it anyway; minmaxing and learning a system wouldn't be the point here.

Thoughts? Does that sound like fun?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: April 20, 2019, 04:55:58 pm »

https://images.app.goo.gl/HBFf7cvWbR2mg4tV6

If someone can help map things with a A-Z chart going up/down and left to right. Would be in business.

Got a ton more of space stuff to throw in here.

Keep in mind, it is not one hundred percent me. I got inspiration from another forum.

But still awesome idea.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3378 on: April 20, 2019, 05:48:32 pm »

How much detail within each lettered region?
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: April 20, 2019, 06:04:39 pm »

Each square in said chart would be a sector composed of 4 parts.

To also create pc and npc need coloring agents/labels. This shitty phone does not do that yet and not with my computer.

Aside grid. This has 9 tiers of faction “power “

Edit: As for what is on each said grid chart. Me or co GM just make up stuff how to throw players into doing things.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 06:06:12 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3380 on: April 21, 2019, 04:41:12 pm »

https://images.app.goo.gl/HBFf7cvWbR2mg4tV6

If someone can help map things with a A-Z chart going up/down and left to right. Would be in business.

Got a ton more of space stuff to throw in here.

Keep in mind, it is not one hundred percent me. I got inspiration from another forum.

But still awesome idea.

https://i.imgtc.com/WekH4r1.png

https://i.imgtc.com/rDCfo3m.png

?
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: April 21, 2019, 06:36:09 pm »

Like the lower one, yes.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3382 on: April 21, 2019, 07:22:28 pm »

You're welcome to use it.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: April 21, 2019, 08:40:41 pm »

Really?!

Thanks man!

I might as well write up games and opinions before using said map.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: April 21, 2019, 10:58:54 pm »

https://medium.com/sectors-without-number
Might help you in adding a few surprises.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: April 22, 2019, 10:30:04 pm »

Very nice! Each corner have a system. Rolling 1 dv8 sides for world amount, then do Chart from Stars without number for what is actually there.

Will post the four games. Your Own Culture, Children is the Stars and Star Brand. Another time.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: April 23, 2019, 11:49:46 am »

Children of the Stars: You pick your race ( no humans, humanoid is a valuable.) then pick your theme, and go to town.

Your Own Culture: Thre stats, minimal is 1. Trees are Technology, Magic, and Evolution. Ten levels each with scale of what is strong.

Star Brand: Nine tiers of players, 1 is strongest, 9 is weakest. But the weaker tiers have way more numbers and other things in play to keep it fair.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3387 on: April 23, 2019, 11:34:11 pm »

Probability based calculations for simulating gun fighting:

-snip-
I'm interested in what you're doing here. It looks like the basis for maybe a text-based game simulation. What's the scale of the gun fight you imagine this simulating?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: April 24, 2019, 08:02:20 pm »

Children of the Stars: Will do list later, race types, world types, and themes.

Your Own Culture: Still doing charts and trying for a reasonable cap.

Star Brand: Just need unit list. Also on purpose not going to make a tech list. As in Star Brand you can fandom pre existing factions. Will do tiers though. Tiers are threat scale not always tech.

1: The Culture
2: The Eldar from 40k.
3: Humanity at Dark Age Of Tech/Golden era. Also late game Beyond Earth or Stellaris.
4: Current 40k Imperium And Chaos. Also Star Wars.
5: Orks, Tyranids, Old Republic Tech.
6: Star Trek, Babylon 5, or Star Control.
7: Reapers from Mass Effect, and Halo Aliens.
8: Humans in Halo and Mass Effect Ciradsl faction stuff.
9: Battlestar Galactia Reboot, Fire Fly, low stuff.

So in Star Brand can pick pre existing factions, alter them around, or make your own up. Must give clear tech to match up faction by tier rank. Note that all tiers can and must research, and each tier has weaknesses.

Edit: In Star Brand willing to give a example. Rolled, faction in third tier.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 08:29:59 am by Tyrant Leviathan »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3389 on: May 26, 2019, 11:21:30 pm »

Making a map for something. Need wisdom on how to better balance the global biome generalizations I've made here:

---> Africa (dune deserts ft. sun)
---> Asia (bareface mountains ft. sun or snow)
---> The Caribbean (thick jungles ft. sun or rain)
---> Central America (open plains ft. sun or rain)
---> Europe (tundras ft. sun or wind)
---> North America (forested mountains ft. rain or snow)
---> Oceania (thick grasslands ft. sun or wind)
---> South America (rainforests with rivers ft. sun or rain)

I like the ratio of weather conditions and the extremes of climate, but I could swap where these are represented to be more authentic.
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 237