Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Headphones/Earbuds  (Read 3528 times)

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
Re: Headphones/Earbuds
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 02:10:48 am »

Something I failed to notice was that you were using it for FPS games. In which case, the KSC75's don't do that hot. They aren't the greatest in visualizing space, and comfort issues might bug you. However, I still think they have the best balance of all 4 of your factors at their price point.

At a peak budget of around $30, you can't really go wrong with KSC75, but again, don't expect it to be astounding at all 4 factors.

johnPeteres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 08:56:16 am »

Wireless Headset is a winner. I've been using it for almost 2 years. No wires to mess with. One good thing about wireless headset is the ability to take the sound with you without the hassle of short wires. My wireless headset has a wide coverage before losing the sound.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 08:58:59 am »

Every single time too, it always starts with the left channel, usually letting me mess with the wire to get it working, then it goes out completely. Then the other side dies around a week later.

This absolutely happens to me with every earbud set I've had, and every earbud set my friends have had too. The headphones that I have have lasted me forever, but earbuds never last more than a few months for anybody I know.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2012, 05:37:38 pm »

Patchys suggestion is looking like a winner to me. I'm gonna look up more about that particular model and decide if I should go with that.

I can vouch for Koss headphones being awesome. Admittedly, I only bought one pair, but they've lasted me for years, and have only recently started getting the one-channel problem. Super comfortable and has a really thick, durable cord. It also has additional support where the cord connects to the headphones to prevent wear. They're huge, though, so you may want to check out other models.

DERP: You said no full headsets. Nevermind then! Koss is a good brand, though.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 05:43:28 pm by kinseti »

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2012, 06:46:27 pm »

I have Gigatech HM-5000. Not only have they lasted for two years now, they're also the comfiest headphones I've had so far.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: 1 [2]