Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No migrants  (Read 824 times)

ArrowheadArcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Obsessed with !!Carp!!
    • View Profile
No migrants
« on: January 05, 2021, 11:48:31 pm »

I've been getting no migrants for a few months in my fort and It's been quite annoying. Not even with migrants-now. It's two days travel to me and my parent dorf civ, with the right side of my passage being occuipied by (modded) gobbo hamlet civ and elves. There's no reason I think that should stop them from getting to my fort though. I'm on the opposite side of the world too.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 12:11:58 am by ArrowheadArcher »

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No migrants
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 12:26:50 am »

How safe are your citizens? Migrants can get scared off if your fortress is too dangerous.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

ArrowheadArcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Obsessed with !!Carp!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 12:50:15 am »

Dorf merchants are stuck. They've been there for about a year or two and haven't budged. I plan on killing them with my military, but I don't know how well that will go. Guess I'll wait till they go insane. I don't know why this instance though. The guards are hostile perhaps? A sword of there's did kill three of militia dorfs once before.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 12:52:33 am by ArrowheadArcher »

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 05:08:32 am »

Migrant waves are tied to the caravan, something to do with how your fort's value affects how many dwarves the game sends your way. Killing the stuck merchants could fix it, if next year's caravan works as intented.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.