Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Exotic eggs  (Read 1949 times)

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
Exotic eggs
« on: May 28, 2012, 12:58:25 pm »

Has anyone successfully cooked Giant Raven and Giant Echidna eggs? I had a couple of game crashes this morning, and I just wondered if that might be it. It's the only thing really unusual I had going on (although I don't actually know if my cooks were using those items or not).

After the second crash, I saved the game again before the crash occurred, then removed all the job listings I could. But I also prohibited my cooks from using those exotic eggs, just in case. Either way, I've been playing awhile without another crash.

It's probably not the eggs, but I thought I'd ask about your experiences with them. Any problems with Giant Raven and Giant Echidna eggs?

Oh, and I think this is the first time Dwarf Fortress has EVER crashed on me, and I've been playing for years (not all the time, admittedly). That's pretty good for alpha, I'd say!

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Exotic eggs
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 09:54:28 am »

probably yes, so some other reason. I had no trouble with giant sparrow or wren eggs
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 08:18:18 am »

Thanks. I tend not to save the game very often (although I've got autosaves set to seasonal), so crashes aren't much fun. Well, I was lucky this time, and I've been lucky up till now, but I still thought it was worth asking.

Thanks again for the reply.

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 08:24:33 am »

I have cooked all sorts of eggs (giant birds, alligator, turtle, whatever) with no difficulties at all.  I had a fort a while back that had trained about a dozen different egglaying species, and the infertile eggs would get cooked once in a while (although that fort had absurd meat supplies as well; I think the last time I loaded it I had ~6500 meat and ~13000 prepared meals).