Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Persona 5: Demon Harem Wars: Now with back  (Read 27985 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Persona 5: Demon Harem Wars: Now with back
« on: May 28, 2012, 04:17:27 pm »

PERSONA 5:
DEMON HAREM WARS

Yeah, it's sort of like that.

Persona 5: Demon Harem Wars (totally official name) is the only online tabletop RPG I've been interested in running for more than two sessions. It's a series of stories set in a fictional version of Tokyo circa 2000 and centered around a group of high school sophomores (and juniors) who become increasingly aware of an upcoming war between demonic creatures that's preparing to happen on Earth. As they gain and grow attached to their own personal demonic creatures - "Personas" - they fight evil demons and human factions around the city who want to abuse both demons and humans for furthering their own sinister motives.

The first four sessions I ran over Maptool, but from this point on I'm going to be running the game as a play-by-post game. After this post I will write the introductory scene in-thread. The current players are encouraged to both role-play and post actions in this thread. The current player limit is four, but I'll notify the forum on here if a player drops out or I open up another spot.

WARNING: POSSIBLE MATURE CONTENT. No overly suggestive roleplay, please, but reader be aware.

Spoiler: The Ruleset (click to show/hide)

~Player list~

Spoiler: AKIHIRO (Dexexe) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Liam (Johnfalcon) (click to show/hide)

~FATE Point Tally~

Derek -
Ochita -
Liam -
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 12:50:11 pm by freeformschooler »

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Persona 5: Demon Harem Wars: FATE-based PbP RPG
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 04:18:51 pm »

Hai. Sorry just to drop in on this, but I guess I'm a part of this now.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Can't you hear the beating?
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 04:19:19 pm »

Whoop! I guess this is a thing then! Also apparently we got a new player!

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

If you enjoy my work, please view my website and also consider clicking the Patreon button! You might even be interested enough to pay me a little so I can keep living!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 04:21:00 pm »

Apparently.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 04:21:09 pm »

Oh yeah, forgot to say that. Me and JF discussed it and we'll start him on the second schoolday too, assuming he's the only one who had a normal schoolday previously.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 04:28:57 pm »

FFS, don't I have cooking as a skill?

Edit: NVM you fixed it.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 04:31:47 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 04:30:01 pm »

Seems fair enough.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 04:50:32 pm »

FFS, don't I have cooking as a skill?

Done.

---Date: March 18, 2000---
---Indeterminate amount of time before Demon War---
---Grid status: online, functional---

>Ochita: Wake up.

Rise and shine! The sun shines through the one window in your apartment's bedroom. Your mom seems to have gotten up for work early as she's not here. After the craziness yesterday, it's going to be good to have a hopefully normal school day.

The bedroom leads out into the kitchen and living room area. Even though your mom works full days, it's not enough to afford a nicer living area. That's alright, though, as it's got all you need in it.

>Derek: Wake up.

You wake up to GAIA sitting on the floor watching you. Do half-demons not sleep or what!? That's pretty creepy regardless. Aaron has already gotten up, and it seems your family has started breakfast without you. Again.

>Akihiro: Wake up.

WHAAAAAT!? Okay, no one said that, but that's the GM's headcanon for the sound your alarm clock makes. Undine rests on the floor looking relatively bored and jaded. Your mother is calling you for breakfast, and you can hear the pigs next door getting rather anxious.

>Liam: Wake up.

You wake up to the sun shining into the one window of your apartment's bedroom. Hm... this sounds familiar. Either way, it's exciting to have your first real school day at Hiramasu Academy, the most prestigious school in this area. Yesterday was mostly boring introductory classes, but everyone will be moving into a regular schedule today. Surely nothing bizarre is going to change your life within the next twelve hours.

You can hear your grandmother watching television in the other room.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 04:52:15 pm by freeformschooler »

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 05:15:28 pm »

>Liam: Recover from your pounding headache.

Damn, I can't remember a thing. Must've been pretty hard last night.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 05:19:39 pm »

Ochita gets ready for a new exciting day at school, getting dressed, and storing the pipe that he got from the school's basement into his bag.he then prepares himself some breakfast, and cleans up after himself. Seeing as he was somewhat early, he decides to flick though one of his occult books, spending time. After a couple of pages though, he decides to get going to school, taking the book with him for the others.

>Ochita: Go to school, and bring an occult book that describes folklore demons.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 05:21:55 pm by Ochita »
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 05:24:24 pm »

"Ugh." Derek says as he stretches. "Morning Gaia. Ah... did you have a good night? Do you even sleep anymore?" Derek pauses as he gets out of bed. "Do you still eat for that matter... hm."

Proceed through normal post-wakeup routine
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 05:49:50 pm »

>Liam: Recover from your pounding headache.

Damn, I can't remember a thing. Must've been pretty hard last night.

Speaking of being pretty hard, what even happened yesterday? Let's find out.

You are now PAST LIAM. You have just endured a class taught by the relatively crazy MRS. YOKOYAMA. The rest of the classroom sped out the door not after the school bell rung, leaving you alone in a room with a possibly mentally-deprived teacher.

(Mrs. Yokoyama): "You there. Funny nerd boy. Are you interested in going on a FABULOUS SIDEQUEST that in no way involves spying on the academy's higher-ups in my stead?"

"Ugh." Derek says as he stretches. "Morning Gaia. Ah... did you have a good night? Do you even sleep anymore?" Derek pauses as he gets out of bed. "Do you still eat for that matter... hm."

Proceed through normal post-wakeup routine

(GAIA): "Heck yes I eat. I'm probably costing your family your college fund in food."

You get up and do all of the necessary things a young teenage hunter should do after bed, including enduring through a mediocre DUEL OF WITS between your brother and your demonic joke girlfriend over breakfast.

(GAIA): "So Derek, wasn't it totally cool how we ruined your presumably half-Japanese brother's grand entrance yesterday?"
(Aaron Cata): "Shut up and eat your breakfast, you slutty permanent houseguest."
(Mr. Cata): "In no way do I believe this conversation alludes to my sons working together to save the world or something yesterday."

>Ochita: Go to school, and bring an occult book that describes folklore demons.

You prepare to head out the door after your morning routine, but your quick-thinking allows you to notice that your book bag is noticeably lighter before you head out. Someone's taken the rest of your school books from it. Not good!

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 05:59:37 pm »

(Mrs. Yokoyama): "You there. Funny nerd boy. Are you interested in going on a FABULOUS SIDEQUEST that in no way involves spying on the academy's higher-ups in my stead?"

(Past Liam): What? No, I have better things to do.

Like that whole fight club thing. Yeah.

>Current Liam: Get dressed and leave your room.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 06:01:09 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 06:04:03 pm »

"Aww, is wittle Aaron butthurt about the car incident?" Derek flashed him what could be known as a 'trolling' smirk.

Derek coughs. "Ah, yes. Absolutely no world saving here. At all."

Nom.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 06:04:35 pm »

"Oh what.. Who would steal my books?! This is as almost as crazy as that teacher lady.."

Search for those books!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16