Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Persona 5: Demon Harem Wars: Now with back  (Read 27981 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Persona 5: Demon Harem Wars: Now with forum game soul transfer
« Reply #195 on: January 06, 2013, 09:23:06 pm »

I don't think we need anyone else to hit the road. Er, Liam was somewhere else at the time, wasn't he?  EDIT: No wait, he was there with you guys.

There's still a bit of mechanical prep to be done and such.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Persona 5: Demon Harem Wars: Now with back
« Reply #196 on: January 06, 2013, 11:34:17 pm »

WELL HERE GOES NOTHING

^temporary map stuff lawl

"I'll see what I can find."

Roll search check on basement.

... Derek searches around the basement for some rope or a ladder, but he only turns up dustbunnies and months-old cheese thins.

(GAIA): "This place is nasty. And that's coming from a demon."

"The hell is this thing?" Liam remarked, shining his Cellphone on the Blue portal. "And for some reason," he said as he stuck his head into the portal, and out again after Ochita, "I'm not surprised hes the one who would jump into there. Guess my first hunch about the guy was right."

Liam shines his cell phone on the blue portal, but the light from the other world peeking through overpowers the light from his cellphone. Strange.

Akihiro's voice is loud enough to breach dimensional barriers.

(Akihiro): "GUYS I AM FLOATING! I'M FLOATING GUYS!"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Persona 5: Demon Harem Wars: Now with back
« Reply #197 on: January 06, 2013, 11:52:28 pm »

"Floating? Whats happining now!?" Derek said, exasperated. This was entirely too much bullshit. "Ochita, see whats happening, I'm going to steal towels from a janitors closet for a makeshift rope."

Loot and pillage!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 07, 2013, 03:42:36 am »

"I have no clue at all... But okay!"

Poke your head though the portal!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 07, 2013, 09:01:30 am »

"Floating? Whats happining now!?" Derek said, exasperated. This was entirely too much bullshit. "Ochita, see whats happening, I'm going to steal towels from a janitors closet for a makeshift rope."

Loot and pillage!

... Derek looks around in the dim basement for a janitor's closet and manages to locate one. Upon opening it, a broom nearly falls out and hits him in the face. Under it, however, are some musty towels. Score!

Do you have a skill or aspect you think might be useful in making the rope? If so, how so?

"I have no clue at all... But okay!"

Poke your head though the portal!

Ochita sees Akihiro bobbing up and down in the air a couple feet off the roof below. Undine is currently trying to console him.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 07, 2013, 12:47:19 pm »

Stealth could feasibly give me backstory at sneaking out at night which could require previous experience with towel ropes, spotting could tell me where the best knots should be formed, and physics guru could tell me how to form the knots for maximum not-slipping-out-of-knot friction.

Rope!
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 07, 2013, 02:24:34 pm »

Stealth could feasibly give me backstory at sneaking out at night which could require previous experience with towel ropes, spotting could tell me where the best knots should be formed, and physics guru could tell me how to form the knots for maximum not-slipping-out-of-knot friction.

Rope!

((Well, you can't just tell me that, you have to specify which to use. For example, Physics Guru is an Aspect, so I'm not gonna tag it for you unless you say you're tagging it for a +2 and how it applies. I'll go with unmodified Spotting, then.))

... Derek notices some thin braids on the ends of the towels that could be easily coiled together. He quickly gets to works wrapping them around each other. When he's done, he tugs on both sides of the rope. Stable for now, but there's no telling whether it could hold a full person or not.

Derek has made about ten feet of ghetto rope.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 07, 2013, 03:12:33 pm »

(Sorry, it's been a while.)

"Right." Derek said, rolling it up into a loose coil. "This looks good enough. Ochita, move over, I'm tossing the rope!"

Rope toss!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 08, 2013, 04:57:48 am »

"Okay!"

Move over, ready to assist in anything that needs assistance.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 09, 2013, 11:22:52 am »

(Sorry, it's been a while.)

"Right." Derek said, rolling it up into a loose coil. "This looks good enough. Ochita, move over, I'm tossing the rope!"

Rope toss!

... Derek tosses the makeshit rope through the portal. It disappears through the gateway and presumably hits the ground near Akihiro.

Wait, wasn't he supposed to hold onto it or tie it to something first?

: "Nice going, dipshit."

"Okay!"

Move over, ready to assist in anything that needs assistance.

... Ochita doesn't manage to catch Derek's mistake before the rope flies through the blue gateway.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 09, 2013, 12:37:49 pm »

"Oh.. OH my god now hes gonna die a death in a blue city."
Ochita shakes his head, and leans onto a wall for support.
"A blue city."

Then, shaking off his melodramatic tone and whatever else, Ochita pokes his head though the portal again.
"Hey, toss up the rope, we're gonna try to fix what derek messed up."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 09, 2013, 12:57:21 pm »

"Look, there's been a lot of stuff going on. I can't stay perfect all the damn time." Derek grumbles. "It's like a fifth of the time we all make completely stupid mistakes for no logical reason." He sighs. "Well damn. Can he toss it back?"

(Why did I get a -3?)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 09, 2013, 01:05:08 pm »

(Why did I get a -3?)

((Because you rolled a -3. Minus, minus, minus, neutral on 4DF. Also, I couldn't find any skill useful for setting up a decent rope bridge via rope toss on your sheet. If you have a better idea, skill/reasoning can be specified.))

Then, shaking off his melodramatic tone and whatever else, Ochita pokes his head though the portal again.
"Hey, toss up the rope, we're gonna try to fix what derek messed up."

: "GUYS FLOATING IS AWESOME YOU SHOULD COME DOWN HERE AND TRY IT!"

It's unclear if he really can't hear you or is just being Akihiro.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 01:06:39 pm by freeformschooler »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 09, 2013, 01:09:35 pm »

"Can you, uh." Derek shouts through the portal. "Can you try to 'float' up here?"

(In retrospect I should have tied the rope to an arrow and a pole and done it that way.)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 09, 2013, 01:14:44 pm »

"Can you, uh." Derek shouts through the portal. "Can you try to 'float' up here?"

: "OKAY I CAN - OW IT'S LIKE AN INVISIBLE WALL OR SOMETHING! OKAY DON'T COME DOWN THAT HURTS!"

Derek can kinda faintly hear Undine saying something incomprehensible from below.

: "Mmm. I do not know this world's limitations, but I may be able to fly one of you down there. If this truly is a portal back to the Demon World, my powers will be stronger there."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16