Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: Persona 5: Demon Harem Wars: Now with back  (Read 27987 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Persona 5: Demon Harem Wars: Now with back
« Reply #210 on: January 09, 2013, 01:42:30 pm »

"Right, well..." Derek sighs. "I tossed the rope out the hole and I'm the leader, so I'll go into blue demon world." Derek grimaces.  "I'll try to knot the rope around an arrow and fire it back, so duck when I yell."

Volunteer.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 09, 2013, 03:55:51 pm »

"Nope. You messed up once, whats not to say that you'll mess.."
Ochita almost awkwardly scratched the back of his head.
"Okay. Just.. Be careful, okay? I don't want to have like everyone I know dead or something.. Else..? Archangel, please, Assist Derek."

Archangel, Assist!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 09, 2013, 04:42:45 pm »

Volunteer.
Archangel, Assist!

Archangel grabs hold of Derek with a surprisingly firm and powerful grip (considering the only demon he's been touched by is GAIA) and heads through the portal. Derek gets a better look at the blue city as he's flown down. The rooftop below seems to be a small house surrounded on all walls by a patrolled wall, blue imp-like creatures marching back and forth. A path leads out to the glistening city, washed in white-hot light by an unseen source far above.

... Archangel flies to just a few feet above where Akihiro is floating and drops him onto the rooftop.

: "I cannot sustain the energy to be within great distance of my master for long. Good luck.

... Derek notices GAIA leap through the portal, gracefully fall through the air and hit the rooftop with a CRACK beside him.

: "Ow, God! What was that? I'm supposed to be invincible like this!"

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:00:16 pm by freeformschooler »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 09, 2013, 05:55:34 pm »

"Oh, hell that was a long fall. Are you okay?" Derek asked, concerned.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 09, 2013, 10:01:05 pm »

"Oh, hell that was a long fall. Are you okay?" Derek asked, concerned.

: "Yes. I mean, no! It's like I'm suddenly NOT a Persona anymore. What is this place and why's it all blue?"

GAIA got up.

: "HE-"

: "If I may, Master. I believe this is the Demon World which all demons come from. I do not recognize this city as I only inhabited this world for a few years after conception, but perhaps the laws of nature are different for both of us here?"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 09, 2013, 10:59:22 pm »

(My computer is on the fritz, all not starting up. Replies may be infrequent.)

"That's... disturbing." Derek said, blinking. "We can figure that out when superman over there gets his shit together. Hold on to this rope, I need to send the other end up."

"Ochita!" Derek yells. "Duck and cover!"

Tie one end of rope to arrow, fire into portal.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 10, 2013, 12:28:24 am »

"Okay!"
Step to the side of the portal, once the arrow goes though, with rope attached, grab it and try to find someplace to fasten it.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 10, 2013, 04:22:43 am »

"Ochita!" Derek yells. "Duck and cover!"

Tie one end of rope to arrow, fire into portal.

Derek ... coils one end of the rope around an arrow, aims and lets it fly. However, as the rope goes soaring toward the portal, he feels his foot snag on something - it's caught around part of the towel rope! Before he can react, the bottom of the rope snags his foot with a WHCK noise and pushes him onto his back. The arrow starts heading in the wrong direction!

~Invoke?~

If you would like, you or GAIA may have an Aspect or two that could be helpful here. If you can describe how you'd use it, you may spend a FATE point for a reroll or +2.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 10, 2013, 07:55:10 am »

(Sexy Demon Girlfriend will totally solve this problem!)

((Physics Guru to quickly calculate velocity, weight, and air currents to quickly stand up and tug on the rope in such a way that it corrects course enough to fall through. I'll take a reroll))
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 12:35:22 pm by dermonster »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 10, 2013, 11:04:43 am »

((Uh derm -3 is the WORST roll you can get.

I think a Re-roll is the better choice here. Even with a +2 you'd have -1.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 10, 2013, 12:32:54 pm »

((Oh. Right. [I was in a rush, sorry] Yeah, reroll.))

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 10, 2013, 12:59:23 pm »

((-3 is the not the worst you can get. You can get -4, but that means it's time to pack up and go home because the dice gods have frowned upon you.))

((Physics Guru to quickly calculate velocity, weight, and air currents to quickly stand up and tug on the rope in such a way that it corrects course enough to fall through. I'll take a reroll))

Derek intuitively rolls to the right, uncoiling himself and sending the rope flying in the correct direction instead of throwing him off the rooftop. The rope just barely soars through the blue portal.

"Okay!"
Step to the side of the portal, once the arrow goes though, with rope attached, grab it and try to find someplace to fasten it.

... Ochita sidesteps the oncoming high speed towel rope and grabs onto it as it flies through the portal to him. He sees Archangel fly back through the portal, too. ... He manages to locate a nail in the wall nearby, but the rope just won't fasten to it. Hmm, now what?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 10, 2013, 01:31:59 pm »

"Okay, all of you, hold onto the rope and climb! Undine, Archangel, float and try to lessen the weight of everyone please!"

Pull, trying to be steady

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 10, 2013, 04:04:53 pm »

"Akihiro, can you reach the towels?" Derek asks of the floating boy.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 10, 2013, 04:10:25 pm »

"Akihiro, can you reach the towels?" Derek asks of the floating boy.

: "Hey, yeah! But what do I do? Climb it? AAAAAAAAAAA"

Undine grabs onto the end of the rope near to Derek with unprecedented strength. Ochita and Archangel hold it from above.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16