Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: ☼Angelictower☼ (overseers wanted: new fort soon!)  (Read 38082 times)

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Angelictower The Bloody Dungeons of Testing☼ (overseers wanted)
« Reply #150 on: August 18, 2012, 07:14:37 pm »

Fall

Despite meddling with the very laws that govern our reality, Ishar continues to sleep. More experimentation is needed.

Zen is still quite pissy, and now he has fists, so we all have to step carefully around him, apparently he is enraged about his tomb not being good enough or something, I'll see if I can find his and do something about that.

Zen is meeting with the Human trade liason, these meetings must be intense, he is a seething ball of barely contained rage, and followed at all times by a scarred and terrible War Dragon, as well as his trusty War mammoth and Sauropod. I fear the day he asks me to give him a weapon.

And he is pissed and repeatedly punching his Dragon in the leg, at least he didn't hit the liason I guess.

A broodmother gave birth to some slaves, now to figure out what to do with them

The caravan is here, an unending horde of wagon and donkeys. let's see what trouble they bring with them.

It appears to be a crapload of goblin archers. Fighting commences, with them destroying several turrets and civilian archers even despite our Fortified positions, Meph himself was forced to retire after taking a nasty arm wound.

Darkhwawk, as always appears immune to arrows and fear alike. And went out to commit crimes against both mortals and gods. After about 6 goblins and a few trolls, he decided he wanted some new gauntlets or something and retired to the fort, leaving not very well trained axedwarf Moldath to hold the line, to his credit he did absorba  great many arrows before falling, each of which could have killed another citizen.

Winter is here.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2012, 07:44:57 pm »

Winter

Darkhawk finally decided to deal with the siege, so that is over, now we have tons of injured, including Darkhawk himself, who had his arm broken by the goblin leader, who was a skilled lasher.

Recovery from the battle is proceeding, we needed more beds in the hospital, as well as more coffins.

Additionally, trading is complete, we have more of all the items needed to make magic, someone who can heal would certainly help in the hospital, so I am trying to gain powers from the Tomes we recently purchased.

The need for new arms and armor grows dire, yet Smakupagus refuses to work, continually being "on break' I have removed him from the position of preacher until he begins cooperating.

Darkhawk must be feeling his mortality, he called me to his bedside and asked me to get a tomb built for him, easy enough.

Meph recovered from his wound with no trouble, he promptly resumed his normal patrol duties.

I worry for Darkhawk, no one brings him food. I would do it myself but these arrows aren't going to haul themselves.

Oh good, a week later someone got to him, that's a load off my mind.

This magic thing is bull, I ran out of books and still can't cast anything.

And the seasonal ambush ambush appears to be Frost Giants, this should be exciting.

AAAHAHHH! EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE! WHY DIDN"T I TAKE ZENS DRAGON AWAY FROM HIM?!

The Drow are here, perhaps their guards can catch these giants, and avoid further melting. We don't really need anymore stuff at this time.

I'll let Zen figure out if we need anything, going on break a month early, I don't think anyone will begrudge me this after a year and a half.

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6795
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 07:51:42 pm by Panopticon »

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 20, 2012, 04:51:44 am »

Zen sat in his throne rooms flipping through books and writing furiously. Books, Tomes, and Notes are piled high all over the room. *knock knock* "Go away I busy!" *knock knock* "GO AWAY!!" He kept writing, and reading. Suddenly his book slammed to the table. Zen growled and looked up to he who the idiot who owned the hand blocking his reading was. "Your in charge now!", "No I'm not. I left specific instructions to Panopticon that I would take over at the new year. Now go away, I'm busy." "But.. Panopticon quit. Your in charge now.. We need to know what to do!" "I don't care! bugger off, I'm reading, or I'll have that giant lizard over there eat you." The dinosaur fire breathing dragon on the other side of the room that was rummaging through the princes things looked over and licked his lips. The dwarf left.

OOC:
The fort is now leaderless. What does your dwarf do?
@panopticon \/ , fixed. Thanks
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 04:33:04 pm by zenerbufen »

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2012, 06:04:27 am »

Err, yeah, about that giant lizard, unless you mean your Dragon, you don't have one anymore, it melted along with your mammoth.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #154 on: August 21, 2012, 01:34:42 pm »

OFFFTOPIC: Not my fault, I never melt anything. That fire was totally not started by the magmamancer, no. I only dodge into rivers and temporarly dry them out with dragonfire, without harming anyone.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 21, 2012, 02:17:25 pm »

Smak will certainly be in the forges, creating any arms and armor needed for the final push against the minions of Hell.  Unless, you know, it's break time again, in which case PARTY AT GABBRO TABLE!

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 21, 2012, 02:35:27 pm »

OFFFTOPIC: Not my fault, I never melt anything. That fire was totally not started by the magmamancer, no. I only dodge into rivers and temporarly dry them out with dragonfire, without harming anyone.

Don't forget destroying the hall of the mountain king.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #157 on: August 21, 2012, 02:48:36 pm »

Not my fault that I am so hot that it melts. Have to remember that this happens when I take of my pants. They did end up on top of that molten pile of silver, no ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 21, 2012, 02:53:27 pm »

You shouldnt have turned around with your pants down, it knocked over the statues and the heat that was released made that whole thing melt away like some good dwarfen cheese over a campfire.... hmmm....

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2012, 02:33:06 am »

Zen Jr. worked quietly in his office, paper was as usual pilled everywhere in neat little stacks.. He was planing something, something big. He did not pay any mind to the billowing clouds outside, the screaming of dwarfs, the alarm bells. **bam bam bam* "Go away" *CRASH* Zen looked up to find his door laying on the floor broken off it's hinges. "The bloody fort is on fire and the frost giants are inside the inner keep!" The dwarf ran off.

Zen smashed his fist into his table. It made him feel better. He hadn't had a chance to catch that dwarfs name to smash him in the face later. He smashed his hands into his desk a few more times. 'ok, thats better' and headed over to his staircase. He header up a flight of stairs . 'lets see, main courtyard, nope prisoner storage.' He stopped for a moment. His rage was clouding his mind. Zen Punched an elf a few times. He always loved to do that. He took out a piece of paper and wrote himself a note for later. That always made him feel better to. It was so nice having hands again. "Find out who put prisoners in my attic, promote them"

He headed upstairs to the surface.  Zen stood on the roof of his tower and surveyed the landscape. He saw no sign of any frost giants. Well, he saw signs that there had been frost giants there in the past. Blood and gore, dismembered body parts, they littered the landscape. They littered the top of his tower as well. His eyes followed the tall spire up up up to the top of the known universe where his eyes could just barley make out the bar. The one that had been built with no ceiling, or walls, or for that matter handrails. The engineers had said thats because physics wouldn't allow them to build any higher than the floor. His eyes returned to the ground. He felt bad for the dwarfs who had gotten to drunk, and fallen to their doom on his ceiling. Bits and pieces of them decorated the sides of his tower.

He decided to go find these so called fires and frost giants. On his way down he stopped in his attic and punched a goblin. In the inner courtyard he found Panopticon gloating to three disinterested golems. The prince looked around seeing no fires or frost giants. "Is this what you interrupted me for!?" Panopticon turned "We slayed them! It was a fierce battle to the end, I barley survived!" "So, where are the frost giants?", "Slain!", "No, I mean the bodies. And where was that fire?" Panopticon pointed, "The fire was huge, it was over there. It took the whole fortress to put it out" Zen surveyed the lush green foliage covered with the blood and gore of countless battles glistening in the brint spring air. Kittens examined an orc's corpse. "I see…and the frost giant corpses?", "uh… melted?" Panopticon pointed down at some water." "And the fire?!" Panopticon pointed to some more water. Zen was furious. First this idiot quits his job a month  early, then invents these wild stories to make himself look better. He examined the golems. They looked back at him dumbly. "These darn things aren't even trained to fight!" zen shouted, "And you expect me to believe you and them fought off a frost giant invasion by yourselves!?",  "Yes, we did! Everyone else was fighting the fire… Look!" Panopticon held out his foot. "One of them stepped on my toe"

Zen punched panopticon in the face. "Your fired! Your new job is head animal trainer. Put up your gear! You aren't to touch a sword again until every animal in this fort is trained for war!" Zen handed him a sheet of paper. "And yes I've counted. I want all 316 animals trained by the end of the year!" Zen stormed off and headed downstairs.  He found Darkhawk. "You've been promoted to head of the military, and as of now this fort is under martial law. All citizens are hereby drafted into the military under your command. You are to lead a mining expedition to the depths, you are to scout out the ant-people, and zombies. Do not return until you have adamantium. Darkhawk didn't even have a chance to respond before Zen stormed off and locked himself into his tower.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 02:54:17 am by zenerbufen »

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 26, 2012, 02:46:56 am »

"Darkhawk talks to his sword again"

Looks like we get ourselves some more souls.... and, whatever zombies have. Oilforest, this might be fun, although im not quite sure if our prince is in full control of his mind. What? No, neither am I, but im not leading this fort....

"He turns around to the dwarfs in the courtyard"

Ok, lads, get moving. You, you and you, you are now official squadleaders, congratulations. Get down into the fort and draft every dwarf you can find into your group. Then ALL of you grab themselves weapons and armor. I dont want unecessary deaths, not today.

Ishar? Get some of the more talented dwarfs, give them the best armor and weapon we have avaible right now, and assign them to the anvils, we will lead the charge!

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 26, 2012, 02:52:52 am »

Ishar is still unconscious we haven't fixed that yet... the other dwarfs don't say anything though when they see Darkfire talking to the sleeping Ishar. Insanity had become the norm here.

*BLANG BLANG BLANG* "The Drow are coming!" The Drow in the courtyard unloading their goods look confused.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 02:58:10 am by zenerbufen »

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 28, 2012, 05:25:06 am »

While the fort scrambled above to deal with the threats something else was happening below. In a small room, almost forgotten rest Ishar, battling internally with the demons inside his mind. His body gave a lurch, and suddenly his eyes opened. They protruded slightly from his head. they had a piercing gaze, black slits surrounded by a deep green iris's. His thin lips peeled back into a sinister smile revealing widely spaced sharp teeth. He hissed. "My equipment" And started off down the hall.

Up on the surface the prince finished training the sauropod and saw Os his wife, with his baby Zon, retrieving a cage near the river for the traders as the Drow invaders emerged. Without hesitation he charged to her defense followed by his war dragon.

Darkhawk, having assembled his military declared it a good time to rest. He sent the military to aid the prince and found his bed. Ishar having found his gear held it high above his head. He spoke with a deep voice that rang through the halls. "I am Noble you fools! You do not understand the power that courses through me!"  "I am all powerful!" Without a leader the forts military was confused. Most went to bed since they where tired. They figured the fort had survived without them this long. Others went back to work at their old jobs.

Meph plodded slowly through the corridors making his way back to the pill box. As he did so he could hear the prince above call out, "If I die, make sure you make more mitte-oof" A drow shield bearer interrupted him mid sentence, It flied around the corner and swinged it's shield at the prince, who jumped away as spinning bladed slade boulders started flyinging by. Having bought his wife time to escape with his baby, the Prince turned and ran like a little girl. His dragon followed behind. "Aiiiiiiiiii! HELP ME SOMEONE!!! I'm Supposed to be in a meeting right now! Not running for my life!"

Meanwhile hostergaard the new captain of the guard seeing no domestic internal issues needing his assistance did what he does best, and continued working in the hives, tending to the forts bee's. "It's not like anyone else can seems to hear the alarms going off either" he thought.

Darkhawk sleep soundly, despite the sauropods tromping around in the dorm, and alarms going off everywhere. Next Ishar grabbed a waterskin and headed to the well, and suddenly Meph was filled with an otherworldly urge to do the same. He stopped mid stride, looked ahead to the stairs leading up to the battle above, to the princes screams and stopped and turned around. He raised his waterskin and looked at it. It was low… The battle could rage on forever, and what if he gets thirsty? He turned his back to the battle and wandered back into the fort to obtain some water at his usual slow plodding pace.

Meanwhile deep in the fort panopticon continued lugging heavy items around. He had a smug look on his face. He didn't have to say a word, his face said it all. "Let those smug jerks get themselves out of this mess"

*hmm, such wierd things going on in the fort. Ishar has finally woken up, but is acting 'strange' what kind of spell has he cast on meph? What will happen to our poor girly prince who has run away from everyone and may end up soon cornered by a drow invasion?*
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 05:36:50 am by zenerbufen »

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 28, 2012, 06:36:06 am »

As Zen ran into the safety of the fort his dragon ran right into the middle of the advancing drow invasion and blew A giant flame of fire all around him then jumped into the safety of the river. The fire quickly grew and engulfed most of the drow in flames. Zen leaves wife in the smoke, and goes to get a drink, meph returns to protect tower, the spell broken. He is unsure what came over him, but he heads back to his pillbox to protect the tower.

Ishar goes to watch, doesn't do anything. He watches for a bit, and leaves deciding to go show off how awesome he is to someone inside the fort as nothing interesting enough to him seems to be going on out here. The fire has grown and has engulfed almost the entire countryside. The outer courtyard is entirely engulfed at this point, and only a few draw survive, who hid in the pond or river. Zen's wife Os is awestruck by the flames, and stands as close to the flames as she can to watch.

The good doctor Mr. Domas goes looking around the courtyard for anyone who might have gotten injured in the flames, but the smoke and ash make it difficult to see. As he wanders close to the river a drow jumps out and bashes Mr Domas in the head with a shield. It catches sight of Ishar leaving the fort and flees instantly.

Inside the fortress none seems interested in ishar so he return outside to watch Meph and a turret
after doing so returns to the surface after fires in the inner courtyard have burnt out. Os has retreated to the inner courtyard at this point to keep away from the flames, and then to wander off once the flames dissipate. There are only 2 drow in the outer courtyard. The first who bashed comas jumped back into the river and swam/ran away. The other was  was a super tough drow that waltz right through the fire and through everything Meph had to throw at it unharmed. It was injured slightly from the slade turret and caught Ishars sight:, as soon as it noticed Ishar coming it turned and ran.(I don't even need to fluff up this part, so i'll just post right from the logs.:

(pages of turrets and Meph trying to kill a drow, it dodging or surviving everything, unharmed)
The Deep Drow Shielddancer slams into an obstacle!
The Wandering Spirit disappears into the shadows!
The Deep Drow Shielddancer is uncertain and slows down!
The Wandering Spirit reappears from the shadows!
The Deep Drow Shielddancer loses hold of the ({ironbone horned helm}).
The Deep Drow Shielddancer loses hold of the ({steel blade shield}).
The Deep Drow Shielddancer loses hold of the ({mithril blade shield}).
The Wandering Spirit whirls around and slashes The Deep Drow Shielddancer in the head with the long blade of his welded mithril zweihander and the severed part sails off in an arc!

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 30, 2012, 04:35:19 am »

Overseers Journal.

The previous overseers have told me I can no longer use the excuse of not having hands for not keeping an overseers journal. The forests have nearly burt down and all remaining Deep Drow have fled after witnessing Ishar against one of their own kind, and the forest fire burning so many of them alive. I hope they never return. We have lost our doctor. By the time the flames and smoke cleared it was to late.

Panopticon continues cleaning, ignoring my orders to train animals. His latest obsessions seems to be aether residue, we works all day every day to clean this stuff. Any attempts by anyone to communicate with him have been spurned.

Darkhawk hasn't left the dorms in weeks, claiming he has worked to hard and still needs his rest.

Ishar returned to the barracks and has been wordlessly practicing his dark arts. I have witnessed other soldiers going to the barracks to train but they always give Ishar a wide birth. He has spoken to none since the battle with the drow.

Our beekeeper Hostergaard is probably the most dependable dwarf in the fort. I have found myself visiting the inner courtyard frequently to visit with him. The burden of command seems to have taken it's toll on the previous overseers.

The fire broke the bridges, I've ordered repairs but none seems to want to do them, the elven merchants have left by alternate routes with their donkeys but our trade depot is packed with wagons and unhappy merchants who want to leave.

Today Ishar left the barracks to forage for equipment, both on the battlefield and in our equipment stores. Does he not have enough equipment already in his 8 weapon racks, and 4 armor stands? Also who gave him a throne room anyways!? He has chosen to deck himself out in some of our best mithril armor.

A month has passed, dark hawk still sleeps. I am beginning to think Ishar has passed the sleeping curse onto him.

Someones tomb is better than mine! And these simpletons have nicer rooms than me! I have ordered dwarfs moved into more appropriate housing, and my tomb improved. I have assigned about half of the forts population to this task.

It's been three months now and I am pissed! I stormed down to the hospital and threw dark hawk and all the other patients out of their beds onto the floor. How much damn rest do you need!? Darkhawk held up his hand, it was broken. "Thats not even your sword hand you dolt!" "I'm getting better" he replied. I punched him in the face and stormed out. I ordered more hospital beds installed. We might need them soon. While in the hospital (Who knew we had a hospital? I thought that was the dorms, haha!) I ran into Doctor Domas, apparently the Domas who died horribly to the drow and flames was a Doctor in name only, he was one of those fancy pants thinking 'psychiatrist' doctors, who needs em. I sure don't!

The good beekeeper Hostergaard has volunteered to resume my secret studies near the fountain of life. I have been unable to concentrate due to constant interruptions by diplomats, and fortress citizens with their petty problems. No matter how many tantrums I throw and faces I punch I just can't get the concentration I need. The beekeeper so far he has been dependable, and trustworthy. He hasn't repeated anything from our old chats to the others and is very discreet. If he is successful where I have failed he will be rewarded greatly.

A vile force of darkness has arrived!
Oh, just more hiveworkers.

(FPS has considerably increased since the fires went out!, I have gone from ~10 fps to 22)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 06:25:36 am by zenerbufen »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12