Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: LCS 4.04 Revision 587 Download (May 2012)  (Read 22392 times)

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
LCS 4.04 Revision 587 Download (May 2012)
« on: May 29, 2012, 01:20:12 pm »

Edit from JonathanSFox: I've stickied this in place of the original 4.04 thread, because "Revision 587" is a hot new half-version that contains the last year's worth of miscellaneous additions and fixes to the main game. This could have been 4.05, but none of the changes in the last year included changing the version number! Many thanks to Grimith for preparing this and posting it here.

For those of you interested in Liberal Crime Squad who either don't know how to or didn't want to bother with compiling the game's latest "official" source code, I've compiled it and uploaded it to Mediafire. I have almost no experience playing beyond 4.04, but, from what I've read in the revision notes (and the source code itself), there have been tweaks and bugfixes which may be of interest to you.

Windows Download Links:
LCS 4.04 r587 -- Mirror 1 (Mediafire -- RAR file)
LCS 4.04 r587 -- Mirror 2 (jonathansfox.com -- ZIP file)

Linux Compiling Instructions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A list of many of the alterations, listed in no particular order:

- Elite Liberal Amendments can be disabled when you start a new game.
- You can randomly generate your starting city.

- A sleeper judge prevents former Liberal Crime Squad members from testifying for the prosecution.
- Advance warning messages you receive from sleepers now require you to press the letter "X" to continue, making them harder to skip accidentally.
- AM Radio and the Cable News Station become less effective as the populace becomes increasingly Liberal.
- Firemen won't keep grudges if the Free Speech issue moves away from Arch-Conservative.
- Hacking has been enhanced. There are more outcomes, with some of those outcomes affecting multiple issues.
- Liberal Art, T-Shirts, and Music may - depending upon quality - slightly alter public opinion.
- Liberal disobedience now affects Labor and Corporate issues.
- Liberals should now really lose Juice when killing non-Conservatives.
- Martial Arts Skill won't keep mobs from appearing. Reduced Juice cap for scaring off a mob.
- Releasing nuclear waste will make people dislike the LCS.
- Sleepers now lose effectiveness when stealing items.
- The "multiple founders" bug has been removed.
- The Prison is now a three-story building with a control center on each floor. The first level is for folks on time-limited sentences, the second is for those who have life sentences, and the third is for individuals on death row.

- New armor: SEAL Suit. This is worn by the Navy SEAL.
- New creature: Car Salesman. When installed as a sleeper agent, you will receive discounts on vehicles.
- New creature: Locksmith. Locksmiths are guaranteed to start with the Security Skill.
- New creature: Military Officer. They only spawn at the Army Base and are Conservative.
- New creature: Military Police. They only spawn at the Army Base and are Conservative.
- New creature: Navy SEAL. They only spawn at the Army Base and are Conservative.

The following is mentioned in the revision logs, but I playtested a few minutes before posting this topic and couldn't replicate it with my founder:

- If a Liberal without an assignment has greater than 7 Heart, and her clothes aren't bloodied or damaged, then she will auto-perform Community Service.

If anyone could post confirming whether the above are actually featured in Revision 587 (or even work), that'd be cool.

EDIT: A stipulated feature did not actually exist, so I removed it. Livingstone also confirmed the existence of the three-story Prison.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 08:36:18 pm by Jonathan S. Fox »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.04 Revision 587 Download for Windows
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 03:11:27 pm »

Oh wow. I was looking around how to build this myself just now.

Thanks dude. This was just what I was hoping someone would do. And luck had it be the same person that made me feel like playing the game again in the first place with his awesome videos.

Keep being awesome Grimith.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

DeathsDisciple

• Bay Watcher
  • He's nice (on the inside)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 03:24:45 pm »

Alright, I tested most of these, some I don't know how to test, some I cannot find, and some I am just to lazy/frustrated to find.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But overall you did a fine job. Keep it up.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 05:06:33 pm by DeathsDisciple »
"And I believe that totalitarianism, if not fought against, could triumph again." - George Orwell
My YouTube Channel.

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 05:00:19 pm »

(Also: For some reason [the] driving skill seems to go up whenever I drive somewhere. I have no Idea if this is in the vanilla version, so I just thought I would let you know.)

This is in vanilla, it's how you raise driving skill.

Oh and thx Grimith

EDIT: Does randomly generating the city do anything, or does it just give you a name for the city?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 05:03:28 pm by BoxOfAids »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 06:36:35 pm »

EDIT: Does randomly generating the city do anything, or does it just give you a name for the city?

Just changes the name. News stories involving the LCS begin with the name of the city you start in.

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 07:55:35 pm »

Just changes the name. News stories involving the LCS begin with the name of the city you start in.

Oh well that's nifty at least

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 12:59:41 am »

I figured not all of my bullet points would be accurate. *shrug* I'm not surprised since, y'know, it was all just randomly released stuff in the code and never confirmed in a documented release. Still, I think it'd be cool to see blomkvist/Carlos Gustavos' three-story Prison in action.

Livingstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 10:58:35 am »

There is a three-story prison alright, it's just that the prisoners on death row on high security level are just as bad stat and skillwise as the prisoners on lower levels. While that kind of makes sense in backwoods yet corporate arch-conservative country, it would be a nifty change if the actually more dangerous prisoners were kept in upper levels of the prison.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 11:20:43 am »

Does it not always generate on the map, or do you need to shut down the Prison once, or what? In a handful attempts to see the thing yesterday, I couldn't find a single upper-level staircase.

Livingstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 12:56:04 pm »

up arrow marks the spot.

steps to reproduce
> start a game
> get security
> get car
> sex money
> get gun
> kidnap a prison guard
> get map
> find the up arrow
> find the staircase

one funny thing about the prisoners is the possibility to chat them up and then they'll decide to meet later at your place rendering the idea of being a prisoner in a prison kind of pointless 8) they are not able to work as sleepers in the prison though. So this version definitely has the three stories.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 01:57:39 pm »

I had just been starting the game off as a Professional Thief and searching the Prison myself. Turns out I found it this time.

Maybe I just accidentally ran base 4.04.0 in my test runs. I don't know. Thanks for confirming that this does exist.

Edit: Image! Y u b0rken!?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 03:19:24 pm by Grimith »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 03:32:13 pm »

There is a three-story prison alright, it's just that the prisoners on death row on high security level are just as bad stat and skillwise as the prisoners on lower levels. While that kind of makes sense in backwoods yet corporate arch-conservative country, it would be a nifty change if the actually more dangerous prisoners were kept in upper levels of the prison.

Generally, the reason you would want to free the prisoners on death row is because they're members of the LCS.  And in that case, they may very well have good stats.  And if they don't, the death of Kenny the Drugseller will still cause everyone above him in the chain to lose juice.

Plus, I hate to let the Arch-Conservatives win.  Far better to sacrifice many young followers than to lose one liberal to Conservative death sentences.  At least the survivors don't lose juice that way!

Pesi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 02:05:20 pm »

- A sleeper judge prevents former Liberal Crime Squad members from testifying for the prosecution. - Unknown: I have no idea on how to test that
Step 1 : Get a sleeper judge at 100%
Step 2 : Get some subordinate arrested and they break under questioning.
Step 3 : Get their boss arrested and taken to trial.

- Firemen won't keep grudges if the Free Speech issue moves away from Arch-Conservative. - ?
The issue was that if there was an imminent fireman raid when suddenly free speech moved away from C+, and later moved back to C+, you would get raided by the firemen for no reason.
- Martial Arts Skill won't keep mobs from appearing. Reduced Juice cap for scaring off a mob. - Unknown/Unconfirmed
Someone with Martial Arts skill of at least 4 and no street sense does liberal disobedience.
- New creature: Car Salesman. When installed as a sleeper agent, you will receive discounts on vehicles. - Unconfirmed due to extreme rarity [of creature]
Car salesman is designed to show up in the following locations with the following weights:
Juice Bar/resedential tenement/apartment/police station = 1
Courthouse = 2
Park/Latte stand/internet cafe = 3

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 08:57:09 pm »

Very nice.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 04:57:46 pm »

I've just stickied this, since the only thing making this less than an official build is... that I've not stickied it? It's just plain newer than the year-old stickied version I'd posted, and it's good for the community that Grimith released this build himself. There's really not much reason for me to keep the old version posted as the official latest release when people could download this instead.

Let me know if there are problems with this, either in stickying this thread, or any major issues with the build. Also, I'll give a look over the build myself in a day or two and then mirror the upload on my site, so it will have alternative hosting than mediafire. I can't do it today because I need to hurriedly prepare for a D&D game I'm DMing, but it should be soon. If this post remains as the stickied download thread, we should also add Linux download/compile instructions to the first post.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4