Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: LCS 4.04 Revision 587 Download (May 2012)  (Read 22394 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: LCS 4.04 Revision 587 Download (May 2012)
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2012, 07:56:35 pm »

but why it has nothing new .

the wiki has a picture where there is options to give water and food to kidnapped people, but i don't have the options in my game ! :(

It has what's enumerated in the original post.

The water and food thing is from the 2010 version, and simplifying interrogation after that (which was previously very hard to figure out how to do well if you didn't look online for help) is probably the most universally unpopular thing I've done with the game.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2012, 01:25:04 am »

Well. Playing LCS again at the moment, and I've been fending off police sieges with a bunch of enthusiastic if poorly-trained liberals. (And a bit of savescumming, but let's not go there. :-\ Next time I won't, I promise!)

Well, current events have really reinforced just how awesome this game can be: My squad were bottled up in their base, the Old Africa Toy Factory, fortified and filled with traps, surrounded by the national guard.
As soon as I got the 'The cops are coming!' screen I sent them to fight, equipping my founder with a molotov and then swapping it out for a M16 once we found more weapons.

The squad was hard at work, marching through the halls and systematically slaughtering the conservatives caught in the traps, when a couple of their victims somehow managed to fire their rifles. (Seriously, I think traps got nerfed in this version.) The founder (Jerome Redford, alias RedWolf) was badly wounded yet fought on, but another liberal was too injured to fight.
Swapping them out of the squad, I replaced them with a journalist named Aileen Skye. She has decent agility but no weapon skills other than throwing, so I gave her the molotovs(which I'd been saving for the tanks).

So, she did a pretty good job, setting fire to the enemy, but now the entire building has been consumed by a raging fire, destroying all the inner walls. :o Several squad members received burns of various intensity as they were trapped by flames, and now they're wandering through the burnt wreckage of the factory, trying to pick off injured groups of soldiers.
I honestly have not seen this happen before; I've had a few incidents with firebombs leaving scorched areas in my buildings, but never THIS...

...Wow. Well, let's see what happens. I'm not gonna savescum any more here, so this is it. Those are a lot of tanks. On the plus side, having no small corridoors made it harder for said tanks to block off the entrance.

Edit: Ooo-kaaaay... Long story short, the squad was forced to attack an enemy group who hadn't copped any traps. A couple died then, and many more were killed by a tank. Deciding to cut my losses, I commanded them to flee... And almost all of them were gunned down by the police stationed outside.
Normally, they would have been able to outrun them, but their injuries from the fire slowed them down. :-\ There was a single survivor, Max Fushimi, who surrendered to police after being shot in the face and having his nose blown off.
Currently, after several members left due to so many deaths, I have just a single, un-captured liberal left: a one-armed hobo named Akira da Silva. Lovely.

...At least I have a few sleepers in the Courthouse. :P

Spoiler: Akira da Silva (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 02:16:46 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2012, 05:29:27 am »

the morale of the story is - don't play with fire , kids !
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Axelthegreat9

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2012, 05:09:38 pm »

i was just screwing around in nightmare mode and managed to find a mutant with a 1 in all attributes, is this a bug or just very rare?

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2012, 06:22:20 pm »

i was just screwing around in nightmare mode and managed to find a mutant with a 1 in all attributes, is this a bug or just very rare?
Its very rare, but it can happen with pretty much everyone.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2012, 08:48:26 pm »

Actually, its quite common.  I've found tons of mutants like that.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2012, 08:57:50 pm »

Jboy was probably making the reasonable assumption that the attributes are rolled independently. In fact, LCS is a little more clever when it creates characters. The game distributes a pool of attribute points among the stats, making sure not to put too many on any given stat, and biasing against heart/wisdom for people of the opposite alignment. This makes sure that everyone is roughly average overall, but they express their averageness in their own way, with possible outstanding strengths balanced by weaknesses. So for most characters, they can't get low attributes across the board unless they have negative juice. Mutants are an exception to this, since their pool of attribute points varies wildly. There's only a 1 in 60 chance of literally getting a 1 in each stat, however; more likely you'll have some 2s and 3s mixed in for your bad mutants.

A few other special cases include some of the more powerful character types, which may have very high base stats and somewhat larger attribute pools, and crack heads, which have a reduced attribute pool and are guaranteed to have a low health stat. Mutants are the only ones that vary wildly, however.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2012, 10:03:32 pm »

Jboy was probably making the reasonable assumption that the attributes are rolled independently. In fact, LCS is a little more clever when it creates characters. The game distributes a pool of attribute points among the stats, making sure not to put too many on any given stat, and biasing against heart/wisdom for people of the opposite alignment. This makes sure that everyone is roughly average overall, but they express their averageness in their own way, with possible outstanding strengths balanced by weaknesses. So for most characters, they can't get low attributes across the board unless they have negative juice. Mutants are an exception to this, since their pool of attribute points varies wildly. There's only a 1 in 60 chance of literally getting a 1 in each stat, however; more likely you'll have some 2s and 3s mixed in for your bad mutants.

A few other special cases include some of the more powerful character types, which may have very high base stats and somewhat larger attribute pools, and crack heads, which have a reduced attribute pool and are guaranteed to have a low health stat. Mutants are the only ones that vary wildly, however.
1 in 60? Wow, in theory that seems right, but in my practice, its not right. Ive counted that Ive recruited 132 mutants, and Ive only encountered mutants with 1's down the line about 3 times.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]