Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: How to create 7/7 magma with a reaction  (Read 19374 times)

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
Re: How to create 7/7 magma with a reaction
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2012, 07:55:38 pm »

Any idea if the [CONTAINER_CAPACITY:500000] is in the same units as the [3000] units of magma?
They're related - all items have a "volume" which is used to determine their weight as well as how much space they take up inside containers (prior to 0.34.06 or so, "volume" and "bulk" were two distinct values), and CONTAINER_CAPACITY is internally divided by 10 (along with most other size values in the raws) to determine its actual capacity. As smakemupagus noted, this is all described on the "Weight" page on the wiki.

LIQUID_MISC objects have a volume of 60, which means a minecart (having an effective capacity of 50000) can hold no more than [833] units.

Therefore a "magma tanker cart" would need a [CONTAINER_CAPACITY:1800000] or larger to be capable of holding a magma[3000] stack.

All but test cell #7 produced less than 7/7 of magma.  Test cell 7 produced about 56 units.  So, I guess there is something about the size of the workshop coming in to play.  A next question is whether a bigger workshop can produce more than a one-tile workshop.

For the workshop deconstruction and resulting volume problem, I think if there is more than one stack on a tile when they change from item to fluid, it won't add up or spread out if it should have been greater than 7/7.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2012, 08:46:06 pm »

here, this is the motorcart from my mod, it should do for carrying that much lava. I'm fairly interested in this now. It's too bad we can't make things like 7/7 blood yet however.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2012, 05:36:13 pm »

Has anyone figured out how to use LIQUID_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE without a reaction ?

Material emissions dont seem to work, inorganic mats themselves would be awesome of course (imagine finding a vein/cluster of water/magma) and I havent seen a way to do it with interactions either.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2012, 07:59:47 pm »

I've been trying all evening to make a creature with a tissue made of INORGANIC:NONE that becomes a pool of lava when it's butchered. No luck, alas. One would have to get BUTCHER_SPECIAL:LIQUID_MISC:NONE onto INORGANIC_NONE somehow. As it is, I just get a "pool of magma". Well, that and a veritable explosion of teeth.

Does anyone know what kind of item you get when something melts or bleeds out like that? I'd always thought those "pools of blood/magma/etc" were LIQUID_MISC, but since this isn't turning into proper magma I'm wondering if it's something else.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2012, 01:52:47 am »

I've been trying all evening to make a creature with a tissue made of INORGANIC:NONE that becomes a pool of lava when it's butchered. No luck, alas. One would have to get BUTCHER_SPECIAL:LIQUID_MISC:NONE onto INORGANIC_NONE somehow. As it is, I just get a "pool of magma". Well, that and a veritable explosion of teeth.

Does anyone know what kind of item you get when something melts or bleeds out like? I'd always thought those "pools of blood/magma/etc" were LIQUID_MISC, but since this isn't turning into proper magma I'm wondering if it's something else.

Well, I highly doubt it's melting into a stack of 3000 magma.

KarfW

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2012, 02:45:32 pm »

Wouldnt it be possible to use pumpstacks? If it isnt hardcoded we should be able to create liquids at the pump outtake without the need of any liquid at the intake.
Now if I could find were the heck the raws for pumpstacks are....^^

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2012, 07:11:48 pm »

There are no pump raws. The only buildings with raws are furnaces and workshops.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]