Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Whats your fav thing about Regen FE?

Industry, I love all these new toys
- 2 (20%)
Special upgrade-able castes (not in yet, but it will be)
- 1 (10%)
Cool weapons and cavern layout, I'm scared of the caves now. Yay
- 2 (20%)
Kobolds! I like this updated KC version
- 3 (30%)
The other races with differnet playstyles
- 1 (10%)
The new difficulty
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: |({[<---*Regeneration V5.0*--->]})| Alpha 2 get it  (Read 46946 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: |({[<---*Regeneration V5.0*--->]})| Phoebus V03 DF-34.02
« Reply #270 on: May 23, 2012, 10:09:52 pm »

Conversion was going nicely, then I had a epic facepalm moment, I was working off the old V4.5 instead of the V5.0 version of regen. Luckliy all my changes where simple copy and paste, and cutting out useless reactions/buildings, items, creatures, etc...

Yes the new regeneration will have kobold camp, and for all of you that voted for wanderer's friend. Me and Sanure have something special, we (he) is making all the adv. mode reactions. Also for a few fun things as a sneak peek, we are adding in Potions and Poisons. Finally a better use for alchemy then Ink and acid making :P (altho I liked acid as a floor trap for theives and animals :D)

Plus two new creatures (yes I know we should have been powering through the converions and adv. mode stuff, But we needed somthing to get our groves on. And whats better then building creatures to fight in the arena?) these two creatures both have "super" alchemy ingredients. Sanure made a "Mandrake" plant monster that its componets are great for making blinding and even sleep poisons to coat weapons and ammo with (or sleeping potions/pills that will probally accel healing rates, might have to find a way to restrict certain foods to be fed to patients) also something that might be fun will be "Pain killers" imagin a dwarf that prefers to consume pain killers "Urist McMaxPayne" anyone?

Now with interactions, I can now make books that when read by a dwarf will give them "spells" to cast. Finally a use for my paper and ink industry

Kobold camp is still in, but will probally be heavily modified due to all these delicious updates

And least but not forgotten, A new thread will be made for the new version. And hopefully I can get a new logo made up, to fit its new planned name. Plus the current simple text with the pretty background is old now.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: |({[<---*Regeneration V5.0*--->]})| Legacy
« Reply #271 on: May 24, 2012, 11:18:06 am »

ok removed some things I didn't like:
Parchment, you can only now make wood pulp and make paper that way
hand-carts and minecarts (34.7+ have these naturally) so now Wheelbarrows and Minescarts are used in reactions instead
Burning useless animal parts and remains now give ash instead of charcoal

Things That I had to alter:
Blast Furnace reactions, you can now basically "mass" produce bars now, but you get an an equal to greater amount of slag. of course slag can be useful if you have a grinder built. and ground up ore blast smelted produces about 20% more bars, but even more slag.

I will be adding a "Burn Corpse" reaction to the kiln (soon i'm going to make a incinrator or creamtorium, reason for not doing this before is because I can't spell them)
this will help with evil reagions where the dead won't stay down no matter what, or invader body clutter. either or, one situation will require armed guards at the burner.

So far All i've done was go through the reactions and make sure they are ok, then I'll go through plants and re-add all the require parts for the Brewery to work. Even add selectable brewing in the still for those that like to brew plump helmets, pigtails, and ratweed evenly. Of course for those that don't care the vanilla brew drink reaction is still there.

I think in a few days of steady work I can get a base level of regen working.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 26, 2012, 05:08:25 pm »

Re organized materials (some where using the metal_template and was showing up in the arena for use in weapons and armor, don't think dried ink armor or weapons would be very effective) now hopefully they will only show up in their repected stockpiles now, and stop bothering the metals.

Sanure has made quite a few new tools for use in adventure mode and fortress mode reactions and buildings (fortress)
He has also got some reactions for crafting, and gathering down. So those that voted for "Wanderer's Friend" your gonna get a custom Sanure's special instead.

Since adv. mode and fort. mode are both seperate, I can work away without worring if sanure is not ready to update

Thanks to Sanure and I's brainstorming we have made new plans for Alchemy and Glassmaking (probally repeating myself, but thats ok I guess)

I also decided to keep the "Skeletons" from my "old" advance undead system (remember the Hitpoint system? shame it's still in :P) so hostile skeletons are still a go as an evil civ. Those that play the "kobold camp" might have some difficulties with them, but we hope to improve kobolds and give them some things to keep in the pockets for rainy days like that.

Since I'm redoing the entire caste system again everything will be jumbled abit, I might just go:

Warrior
^
Magic < Standard > Siege

with probally branches for those that are naturally those classes, Warrior could become a Demigod (human) or cyborg dwarf, avatar, etc.. But only the Standard classes can be upgraded once, since well they have no innate skills with what they are upgrading too. Where as a natually born warrior has more room to grow/improve

Dwarves might have a special Pet upgrade (take a dog or cat and turn it into a special creature) so dwarves could make immobile landmines, turrents, or even a artillery based creature, that requires a dwarf to be near it to "fire" (I know the Landmine and Turrent Idea is a popular one Meph made, but I did help him with it :P)

So that means new critters like coal crabs (whatever they eat is burned at super hot tempetures in their digestive tract, they absorb the carbon and other chemical substances from the buring and the waste is either added to their shell (highly flamable and shearable for use as fuel) or expelled as ash (bar of ash in nest box) coal crabs will be vermin hunters and gobble them as well. (I also want them to catch fire, but I don't want them to die from the fire or burn forever. But I'm afraid if I let that tissue be burned off, shearing will become impossible. I guess keep them buggers away from fires, or ash will be the only harvestable product.)

Oh and skeletons now have a "lich" caste, makeing them a more "dangerous" necromancer. Did I mention they can fly?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 27, 2012, 02:21:14 pm »

Sanure has almost a working prototype of Adventure Mode reactions, so rejoice adv. mode fans

I have fortress mode about 65% - 70% done, Just double checking reactions and tools/weapons. Then readding PERMIITED stuff to the entities, once It seems pretty playable I'll upload the first DF 34.10 ASCII playable verison, by then sanure will probally have the prototype adv. mode stuff. But from there I will be able to power through other stuff like castes and Spells, and noble posititons (yes I'm gonna re-add the "Overseer" and the "emotional advisors", might even add in guild masters (have squads so you can add custom uniforms to your masons guild) or I can just make the quartermaster that has a 300 sqaud size, so all civvies can be armed and protected (might be good for a dwarf/human/bold rush an invasion))

Other fun stuff I will be adding is new types of minecarts (like the bladed ones and stuff) and a steam/coal train (holds way more then a normal minecart, but will probally insta-kill/maim anything is it hits (its a train damnit)) so for those minecart savy peeps, you will be able to have some train conductors :P as well as mass transport of goods (hmm.. might be usefull for taking things to and fro from the trade depot, load the train and off you go to trade) shame there is no way to make it "reqiure" fuel to run, but might be able to require a gigga ton of coal to make it.

Also some special gobbo castes, ever heard of "creepers"? well these gobbos will put them to shame.

of course castes and the like are still in the planning stage.

EDIT:
Ok im going to do a test run, wish me luck on it running fine
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 03:00:48 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 30, 2012, 12:49:10 am »

I have released a Alpha version of the Newest Regeneration, DF 34.10 ASCII just the simple raws.
get it

note kobolds are slightly bugged, and missing some features (minecarts, wheelbarrows) and the fences are crap. they need to be redone. So ignore fence building

The blast furnace any the new ways of making steel bars require COKE not only as fuel but a reagent. I tried with just NONE but it won't have that. either charcoal or coke, so I picked coke. That means buy or make alot of coke if you wanna run a hardcore blast furnace.

I am also going to have to make up a whole new manual. Probally one for the OP and a HTML one for the Raws

and once I make a new banner, and settle for the successors new name a new Regen thread will be made. and this one. Locked.

EDIT:

"The Master" where art thou?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 12:57:42 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: |({[<---*Regeneration V5.0*--->]})| Alpha for new version get it
« Reply #275 on: May 31, 2012, 05:07:38 pm »

I'm working hard on getting some old features working and new castes in. So far I have this:

• Most of new animalmen are gone, might see engravings or undead versions but they should no longer roam.
  • The new Bone Horror creature that will have a special alchemy ingredient is added to cavern 3 (evil)
  • cave life and invaders have been shuffled around the layers. more natural-ish ones are in layer 1, more "evloved" strange ones are in layer 2, and anything down right freaky and evil are layer 3
  • kobolds and dig and mine, but can never learn mining. if you get a skilled kobold miner, I'd suggest not letting that skill rust
  • Raws have been jumbled around. Some things are now sperate where others are noe condensed. AKA clear out the raw foulder before updating/installing new versions of R:FE
I got a crap ton of other little minor and flavour fixes that really warrent any special mentioning
Sanure is hoping to have Adv. Mode reactions done in a few days at the most, which means V1.0 of Regeneration: Forced Evolution will be released

I have been working on a Geneforge TC before I jumped back into modding Regen, I am going to make Humans shapers. which means a total reworking of Regeneration Lore, I chose the name "Forced Evolution" because of this Geneforge addition. So humans won't be playable in V1.0, but Dwarves and Kobolds (KC dog like bolds) will be playable. I have no new banner made up as I'm still planning out of to draw it.

For anyone concerned or excited on how the Human playstyle will be, feel free to ask here. It might take some getting used to considering it is going to be a very advanced way of playing. Imagin, short on humans but you have a trained shaper? Make some serviles to do your dirty work as you shaper makes beasts of war to defend your home.

Now I will not be shunning dwarves. Dwarves will be more steampunkish, building Golems/automations or siege cannons and gundpowder weapons. Or you can be traditional DF dwarves and use the various melee weapons that Regen has to offer.

So here is a new Civ Alignment chart:
Civ alignments: based on a 0 - 5 scale (0 being cannot use, while 5 is Mastered)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dwarves:
Magic: (+) --- very little if any at all
Tech: (++++) --- very good with technology
Religion: (++) --- Armok?

Humans:
Magic: (++++) --- Spells, and shaping new life
Tech: (++) --- basic technology, might have a new ranged weapon "thorn baton"
Religion: (+) --- well if you could use magic would you be religious? :P

Elves:
Magic: (+++!) SPECIAL --- how else do you think they make mithril? not dwarven science that's for sure.
Tech: (+) --- I wouldn't consider making regular stuff from mithril much of a techology advance
Religion: (+) --- Nature is not really a god, their worshipping is more of a "respect" for nature then a religion

Kobolds:
Magic: (+++) --- magic based on who they worship
Tech: (-) NONE - bascially very crude weapons and armor
Religion: (+++) --- various gods that give kobolds special powers/spells. at a cost

Pending --- I will try to make this race sooner or later. It's one of my fav ideas "The Master" suggested.
Donkinshnorf (Don-Kin-Shh-Norf)
Magic: (-) NONE
Tech: (+++++) MAX --- basically evil dwarves, without being a dwarf
Religion: (-)NONE

Undead (skeletons): --- these guys are Endgamers, when they come you run. Being close to indestructable they are hard to defeat.
Magic: (+++++) MAX --- fear the Lich, if it comes you may well lose no matter what. good thing its very rare
Tech: (!) SPECIAL --- bone golems
Religion: (#) UNHOLY --- this is acaully their ingame prefix, such as Unholy dark fortresses. and plus being undead is definally unholy.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 01, 2012, 02:58:30 pm »

"The Master" where art thou?
I am here, brother! I HAVE RETURNED! MY COMPUTER IS BACK FROM THE DEAD!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 02, 2012, 09:15:21 pm »

Ah, Welcome back my brother.

I have been debating on adding a Google Form for users to add Bug reports, suggestions, and postivie/negative feedback. I hope when I do set it up there won't be too much negative feedback. If you say Regen sucks, please tell me why :P be constructive. But I am still debating on this. If anything I can add in a spreadsheet or something.

EDIT:
I have gotten a prototype version of the adv. mode reactions, I have a few more additions. Then I think I will release a Alpha 2 of R: FE
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 11:30:27 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 03, 2012, 10:10:14 am »

Shameless bump.
Hey I'm Sanure and I hope to live up to the expectations of all the adventurers out there. Just sayin lol. I should probably get back to work lol.

EDIT: I forgot to ask, but is there anything you all would like to see for the adventure modifications? I'm kinda at a loss of where to start or what to do with the list i currently have.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 10:11:53 am by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 04, 2012, 12:28:07 am »

I was hoping to release Alpha 2 tonight. But alas not tonight. 2morrow erm today sometime I will.

The log
Alpha 2
-Animal People excess population removed (should never show in worlds, might for evil zones)
-Bone Horror now wanders cavern layer 3, Blood and Bone in the caves. Beware
-Various Cave critters re-organized through the Layers
-Iron/Mud/Gabbro/Amethyst men have been buffed a little
-Plants and underground trees have been repositioned
-Blood Beasts altered
-Fences Removed from Kobolds for now, Digger Item "Shovel" added to kobolds
-Kobold Items altered dramatically
-Human, Elf, Dwarf, Goblin, and Kobolds are now in their own files for easy altering
-Crude metals added
-Sanure's prototype adv. mode reactions added
-Kobolds given custom clothes
-Some weapons more generalized
-Kobolds can break invader stuff down and make crude weapons from broken metals (not all metals are chosen as breakable)

there are a few other addtions/changes but I forgot to note them down.

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #280 on: June 04, 2012, 10:17:33 am »

Woo!  Lots of fun kobold stuff!  Looking forward to trying it out!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 04, 2012, 10:28:02 pm »

Alpha 2 is up

I haven't tested the new kobold reactions:
Breaking weapons/armor --- issues I can forsee:
-could have a good weapon broken down (machete, chopper, spear, etc)
--why? This is a general reaction that grabs any Iron, bronze, copper, silver, and steal weapons and make crude chunks

Making crude armor weapons --- not many issues other then micro-management of stockpiles and workshops (to use proper metal)

and thats about it really. Swords for kobolds are "machetes"
so yea have fun with Regeneration: Forced Evolution Alpha 2
No castes as of yet. But once I get those in and everything *fixed* with proper reactions and buildings then V1.0 with casted and playable humans will we avaiable

Also note all new kobold reactions are in the craftshop

EDIT:
I made a google form https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHVuaHMwVk5wOFhtT0h6U1JqekR1Qnc6MQ this is my response to the horrible poll system on here. plus anyone should be able to use it. let me know if you can't.

EDIT2:
Remember you might have to clear out the raws/object/ foulder and drop the new regen files in. I moved alot of files around. Pulling objects out of one file and seperating them.

EDIT3:
almost forgot new POLL!! WOO!!
And a prototype of sanures adv. mode reactions (if I haven't mentioned that yet) Night all
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 11:10:03 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: |({[<---*Regeneration V5.0*--->]})| Alpha 2 get it
« Reply #282 on: June 05, 2012, 02:09:51 am »

Just notcied I made an error, Metalcrafting is needed to make wooden clubs. Who knew? Fixing for next release Oh Metalcrafting is used for breaking and making crude stuff

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: |({[<---*Regeneration V5.0*--->]})| Alpha 2 get it
« Reply #283 on: June 05, 2012, 04:15:26 am »

Ok since I was kept awake, I decided to work on regen, V1.0 is roughly 10% done.
Some more planning is needed on how to humans advance to the "Shaper/Magic" caste.

right now the mentioned caste is upgrade only, so no random shapers.
I also need to make large beetles that can be captured and tamed, or bought from elves?

Beetles? Why beetles? Well beetles are acaully really important
because they give shapers a use other then casting pretty ice spells and slowing/befuddling your foes

After I get this shaping business all sorted out its off to:
-Making a harder bone material that is between bronze and iron (Bronze stats + (Iron stats - bronze stats))
-Make a 'Skull' bone material that uses the same stats as above bone mat (might make killing things harder? good? bad?)
-Make skulls [THOUGHT] so getting a hard hit to the skull will knock someone out, but getting to the brain is another story
-Add more kobold items
-Add kobold spells
-Give Dwarves warrior upgrade/caste
-Give kobolds ambusher/assassin caste/upgrade + shaman/witch-doctor upgrade/caste
-Adding positive boosts to drinking finer booze (being a dwarf has never been so good)
-Adding in potion making for all playable races
-Adding in new Lizardman races (good and hostile versions)

This list will probally grow some more after these are done.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]