Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (Re)creating a Garry's Mod addon.  (Read 665 times)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
(Re)creating a Garry's Mod addon.
« on: May 30, 2012, 04:35:39 pm »

So for a while now, I've been on the hunt for a decent set of Star Wars ship models for Garry's Mod. Unfortunately, it looks as though there aren't any current ones, and all the older ones have pretty much dropped off the face of the earth. All except for one: the ultimate star wars pack. Unfortunately for me, it's useless. Well, mostly useless in its current state. Instead of formatting the mod folder properly, the creator just dumped all the models, texture files, and what have you into a single .zip. I've managed to put it into something resembling order, and can now spawn the models in-game, but they all have the dreaded black-and-pink checkerboard texture. No matter what I do with them , I simply cannot figure out how to get the textures to display on the models. I've been told to decompile the .MDL files and read the .QC that I get, but according to that everything should be working just fine. Below is the .QC from one of the models, edited only to remove the name of my PC:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anone have any ideas how to fix this?
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.