Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: WH40K Darktide. Despite the power of Chaos, the Imperium stands!  (Read 19700 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K Darktide. Despite the power of Chaos, the Imperium stands!
« Reply #255 on: October 04, 2023, 10:10:25 pm »

I've had the privilege of witnessing the ogre grenade from a distance in some of the larger tilesets. It actually creates a mushroom cloud! Looks like a small nuke!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 05, 2023, 09:50:22 am »

I definitely think this update is taking the game in a better direction.

The Toughness changes are kind of bonkers. I play Veteran exclusively, and prior to this update, taking a hit from a melee enemy on Heresy or Damnation would be like, 20% of your toughness bar easily. Even from a lowly infested. You were on average 3 to 4 hits from getting downed.

Now, I've had guys hit me multiple times and my toughness barely moves on Heresy. The only things that shred my toughness are fire and heavy weapons.

So games are humming along nicely then a flamer gets in the mix and everything goes to shit immediately, everyone starts panicking because they're taking actual damage.

But I like it. It's both fulfilling the power fantasy while keeping the tension up as soon as people start taking health damage. Especially because they took half the medicae stations out of maps. Now you're starting to feel a little sweat when the entire team is down 50% HP and you know there's probably 0 to 1 more medicae stations before the finale.

All in all, it's good. I'm not completely impressed with the Veteran skill tree but there is some cool stuff in there. Nothing quite as bombastic as the Ogryn Tactical Pocket Nuke though. That said it is super satisfying to smoke 3 Armored Ogryns and a couple Maulers with a single Krak grenade. Between those and my beloved Plasma Gun, elites, unyieldings and bosses get absolutely fucking wrecked.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 09:53:52 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 05, 2023, 10:19:49 am »

Psyker's feeling pretty good right now, though it's amusing to see the reddit vigorously debating whether Assail is horribly overpowered, completely useless, or both.

(Myself, it seems kind of overpowered but Brain Burst and palpatine lightning arguably have better group utility.)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 05, 2023, 03:46:38 pm »

Haven't messed with the new psyker much but I love the look of the darts ability they get. Made me feel like I was playing with Yondu when I had a teammate using them.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 05, 2023, 06:12:48 pm »

I'm appreciating Assail as a counterpart to my Lightning Staff. Staff melts heavily armored enemies, while Assail melts unarmored hordes. The only thing I struggle with is monstrosities, but I'm experimenting with some different melee weapons for that...

But what I love about Assail is that it's kinda random. At best, I might shoot out one dart and watch a dozen mooks die halfway across the map. At worst, I might shoot 5 of them at a single infested right in front of me and have him just walk right by the darts to slap me in the face. They are very powerful, but unreliable, and I often need allies or a melee weapon to clean up the lucky few who survive.
Certainly an interesting change of pace from the old Brain Burst.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]