Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277]

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 484663 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!
« Reply #4140 on: October 02, 2023, 05:34:13 pm »

Pretty tired with the cheating the bots do... I don't think it would let me move inland after sacking a settlement from sea, they allways get reinforcements despite being in forced marched, nor would it let me ambush an army that is across the river, btw, why do they allways run a bit first when you ambush them (they dont run into you), I don't get to decline once first... There is a bit much of that kinda everywhere.

Playing dark elf campagn, I didn't realize how popular they are, never had as many dare I say loyal allies, heck I even have trading partners who have war among themselves but everybody who isn't ordertide kinda likes me.
let

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: October 03, 2023, 08:54:49 am »

Last night I did battle with Valkia the Bloody. My Chaos Lord on a Chariot engaged her, and proceeded to push her across the map at max speed for about the next ~60 seconds, dealing constant charge damage. Valkia's model got stuck between the mounts of the chariot and she couldn't do anything until he eventually ran her over.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: October 03, 2023, 09:26:36 am »

haha had that recently  I enjoy that bug, managed to push gorrok away from the battle so the tanky bastards doesn't unecessarily cost me me some archers (battle was in the bag but I wanted to have less losses than in autoresolve) his morale broke 20m from the map border, I did not however damage him but he was being pushed by a lord mounted on a dragon, who got stuck in landing mode a few feet above the ground....

hehe for once its in my favor, usually it's a lord on foot that wont move because there is a single model pushing them laterally back into it's squad
let

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: October 10, 2023, 09:17:53 pm »

Hmm yeah, I might be in too deep... I started collecting heroes from other factions through the wounded bug, it's great... I'm kinda counting on gettiing as many as possible, paint the map except for ultimate campaign goal... lower control everywhere (should be doable with dark elves), let the rebellions win, gift provinces back repainting the map as seems most appropriate, kinda restart the campaign from there.

I have so much stuff I'm not supposed to have, even just from the darkelves I got masters and generals and units from dlc, even two stacks of daemonettes from morathi (sadly I did not keep her buildings confederating)... but you want to know the absolute best part? My endgame scenario was vampire counts, and somehow they had a lord, and a hero isabella, guess who has a legendary hero now :).

Shit I will easily spent another week or two cheesing everything together for me to restart. Only thing that botters is morathi and malekith are skilled really bad (lokir was skilled allright I guess), then again, if any of the supreme sorceresses happens to have spiteful and shadowdart, and lore of shadow or fire, that's basically better than any of the LL.

I don't like how total war usually forces you to keep growing if you don't want to play whackamole, so basically I will whackamole everything once or twice, just so I can start over, focusing only on very few lords, not moving them in pairs, and playing a shitton of battles in manual, how silly of me. Let the reserves (those I can't disband without being able to rerecruit them) guard the few regions with landmarks I like, so I won't have -100k income every turn, tho by the time I'm starting over, I might just be rich enough to make that interesting... Would proably be cooler tho to put difficulty on L/N instead, so I regularly get to melt 2-3 armies with a single stack. Goddamnit I need more foreign heros  ;D they're so hard to farm.
let
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277]