Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42

Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. New Firmware Edition  (Read 59474 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt: Customizable genitals, delayed until 12/10/2020
« Reply #165 on: November 25, 2020, 03:57:25 pm »

This, however, makes me happy. A friend of mine with access to a prerelease build told me it took him 8 hours of gameplay before he reached the title card. Several other games i've loved have done something similar. Hoping this one lives up to some of the hype.

On the other hand, I've seen some games that only show the title card at the end.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt: Customizable genitals, delayed until 12/10/2020
« Reply #166 on: November 25, 2020, 04:49:04 pm »

I haven't researched this game or looked at any spoiler content. Hell I haven't even watched a trailer. I plan to read some reviews and decide whether to buy after launch.

This, however, makes me happy. A friend of mine with access to a prerelease build told me it took him 8 hours of gameplay before he reached the title card. Several other games i've loved have done something similar. Hoping this one lives up to some of the hype.

I'm trying to remember when you saw Skyrim's title card. Was it on the cart ride? I dunno, sounds pretty standard for an open world game where if you immediately go left instead forward, you can kill a lot of time before you even start the main quest. IIRC in Fallout 4, the title card hits you when you exit Vault 101.

Sounds pretty promising though.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 05:57:18 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #167 on: November 25, 2020, 05:25:46 pm »

I don't remember for skyrim. I know in AC Valhalla it was around 5 hours before I got the title card, happens when you sail off to the first zone I think

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 25, 2020, 06:45:15 pm »

Skyrim was... pretty much immediately. Kinda boring honestly.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2020, 11:26:31 am »

i've never noticed when the title appeared, not something i pay attention to.  i play video games for the aesthetic experience of killing people, and to the game's credit there seem like a lot of good ways.

going back and forth between playing full combat dude with mantis blades or super punchy arms, or hackerman.  will be a challenge to decide.
Shoes...

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 07, 2020, 05:31:28 pm »

Gameplay vids are coming out.

Oh boy, this looks like trash.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 07, 2020, 05:43:42 pm »

lalalala i did not hear or see anyhing. its gunna be awsum and i will just ignore anyone who tries to tell me otherwhise.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 07, 2020, 06:04:04 pm »

Its pretty disappointing

Ignoring the bugs

The world is 100% set dressing and not interactable. You can't even go to bars like they kept showing over and over in the trailers, cant interact with ANY food stands (I dont expect them all, but there ISNT ONE), cant interact with the world at all.

Shenmue had vastly more interaction than this game, and thats old. Heck GTA 5 has far more world interaction than this and that game world interaction is pretty limited. Fallout 3, NV and 4 and elder scrolls also have vastly more world interaction.

Stealth is also broken and that can't be fixed (not easily) like bugs. Literally stealth is not possible as it is, likely wont be fixed in the day one patch

AI is also bad

Looks like even though my stance was "completely overhyped, but I imagine it'll be good like witcher 3 maybe not as good maybe as good but not genre changing"

But even though I avoided most gameplay stuff or any news (besides trailers). Its pretty disappointing. The world is the most static (edit: triple AAA "next gen") open world game I can recall. For 2020 thats really sad. Plus reports of an incredible amount of copy/paste npcs throughout the world, even right next to you can be multiple npcs exactly the same

« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 06:28:01 pm by The_Explorer »

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #173 on: December 07, 2020, 06:52:56 pm »

Gameplay vids are coming out.

Oh boy, this looks like trash.

What the heck? How is this guy flying? Is he a Hamon-User? lol

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Had a review aggregation linked to me, haven't taken the time to read any yet.

https://opencritic.com/game/8525/cyberpunk-2077

The world is 100% set dressing and not interactable. You can't even go to bars like they kept showing over and over in the trailers, cant interact with ANY food stands (I dont expect them all, but there ISNT ONE), cant interact with the world at all.

Setting aside the fact the Witcher has bars you can enter.....is it much different than the Witcher? Where 90% of the areas not designed for missions are essentially set dressing so you can feel like you're walking through a busy medieval town?

I think anyone that was looking at Cyberpunk expecting a dynamic open world drank a little too much of the koolaid. I remember the conversation back from the trailer about guys on motorcycles "spontaneously" jumping you and I was like "Nah."

Looks like even though my stance was "completely overhyped, but I imagine it'll be good like witcher 3 maybe not as good maybe as good but not genre changing"

This continues to be my stance. After the "Gee whiz!" gameplay demonstration, I immediately dialed back my enthusiasm. So much stuff there was "wait is that actual gameplay or.....?" that it left me trusting nothing with any of that footage as a basis.

Gonna go read some reviews though.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Everyone chugged the kool-aid and completely forgot that the Witcher games were all eurojank, with Witcher 3 only really coming into its own with numerous patches and being a complete shitshow at launch.

I preordered it yesterday, just for the preload so I can play it when it comes out.  I expect to enjoy it with caveats, I'm usually good at tolerating jankiness.  Going back and forth on what kind of build I want to play, was going to do a stealthy hacker but a lot of complaints center around wonky stealth aspects, so my other plan is a fast melee and pistol build with high damage.  Wide agreement that enemies become bullet sponges if you don't put a lot of XP into damage, which is something I absolutely can't tolerate in a shooting game, so if I can't do it full stealth I'll have to go combat monster.

Set dressing I think was a given, and I'm fine with it.  As long as the city looks good and feels lively at a glance, I'm not going to piss my pants because I can't actually sit down at the noodle stand, I know some people really want that super-immersive interactive world and that's fine, but it's never been important for me.  For that kind of shit, surface level presentation does me just fine.

If the game is bad, I dunno.  If it's unplayably bad I'll refund and wait to see if it polishes up like Witcher 3 did.  If it seems like it's almost there, I'll probably keep it.  Whatever.  It's a video game.
Shoes...

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

Jank aside that... doesn't look great. I had a bad feeling and this ain't helping it none, but uh... I guess we'll see.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

PTW.

Cyberpunk is cool, but I’m not the biggest fan of CD Projekt Red, beyond GoG. You guys can tell me how it is.

Will probably wait for a sale regardless, unless the game is horribly broken.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

I used to be hyped about this, but then came the tales of crunch and, most importantly, the repeated transphobia.

Still, I hope people who get it do have fun, even if I will be skipping it hard.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

eurojank

...Do European games have a reputation for being janky?
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42