Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42

Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. New Firmware Edition  (Read 59555 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. Bug-free code Edition.
« Reply #345 on: December 14, 2020, 07:42:35 pm »

Because they're lame.  I bet you pick ugly clothes cause they have higher armor too.

I've gone back and forth on various weapons but I'm exclusively using pistol, mantis blades, and hacking now.  Depending on how many enemies and how tough they are it rarely comes to the pistol, and small groups and individuals I just fry with hacking and don't even take out my weapons.
Shoes...

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 15, 2020, 03:11:04 am »

ping and sniper rifles work well too. shotgun to stagger, then walk back and grab/kill works as well.

people trying to play it like it's borderland will naturally gravitate toward revolver builds, and there's nothing wrong with that, but it's mostly a case of understanding what a weapon niche is

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 15, 2020, 12:37:11 pm »

ping and sniper rifles work well too. shotgun to stagger, then walk back and grab/kill works as well.

people trying to play it like it's borderland will naturally gravitate toward revolver builds, and there's nothing wrong with that, but it's mostly a case of understanding what a weapon niche is

I use revolvers but all of my playstyle is stealth and non-lethal. I heavily rely on ping, distraction, or crowd control such as optic or audio shut down.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 15, 2020, 12:55:38 pm »

I love killing people too much to do non-lethal.  The least deadly hack I still use is Cyberware Malfunction for kereznikov guys, and that's only to make it easier to murder them. 

Got a bunch of stuff now, game feels pretty easy even against very strong enemies.  Unlocked epic quickhack crafting, which adds various insta-kill/KO hacks like suicide, system reset, and cyberpsychosis.  They all have very high RAM costs, but I've also got the epic cyberdeck so it's not too bad.  Against weaker enemies I just drop the old standby short circuit and synapse burnout.  Short circuit especially kills most enemies instantly, and synapse burnout's almost there with a couple more perks.

Also finally noticed that ripperdocs also sell cyberware mods.  Bought the optics mod that auto-highlights anyone who detects you, so once you're in a fight every enemy starts pinging through walls.  Combine that with a tech pistol and all that hacker shit, plus mantis blades and I'm finally exactly what I wanted to be when I first saw the trailer, setting people's heads on fire with hacks (Epic quality and above synapse burnout gives them the full fire shooting out of their face which fears enemies who see it), headshotting dudes through the walls, and slicing people up with mantis blades.  Very fun.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 02:13:44 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 15, 2020, 02:55:41 pm »

im also a mostly lethal build; i rely on some stealth, good hacking and crafting (for real its a little broken), good armor (i usually wear nice business-wear with armored vests over it, very professional looking) and assault rifles, cuz i love dakka but not so much to use lmgs.

anytime im up against gangs, i just go guns hot and rack up the kill count. i try to restrain myself against corpo guards and the ncpd (the normal types, not the special murdersquad guys who i cant remember the name of), and ill only go guns hot if something happens.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 15, 2020, 03:07:35 pm »

all of my playstyle is stealth and non-lethal. I heavily rely on ping, distraction, or crowd control such as optic or audio shut down.

I rely heavily upon Whistle for my stealth playthrough. Any time I run into an unmanageably large crowd, I just whistle at the nearest enemy, duck behind a corner, as soon as the mook shows his head I put a silenced revolver round in it, repeat until the crowd is thin enough for me to confidently start popping them where they stand.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 15, 2020, 11:58:50 pm »

I finally gained enough levels and saved up enough eddies to buy power-jump legs, and instantly love them. No more scrounging through back-alleys, searching for a suitable spot to lure my victims into. Now I just hop onto the nearest building and rain death from above. As long as I use a silencer, and kill my targets before they can react, then none of the others ever figures out where they are being shot from. Also I'm finding a lot of hidden high-quality loot up in the rafters of buildings. Great utility tool!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 16, 2020, 01:19:03 am »

How high does power jump get you?  Been debating which one to get.

Unlocked legendary quickhacks.  No new hacks above epic, but each legendary has a special passive ability that's always active while it's equipped.  Some fun combos, legendary suicide reduces the RAM cost of "ultimate" quickhacks (the new epic ones, suicide, cyberpsychosis, reset, etc.) by 2 when you panic someone, and legendary synapse burnout makes all your quickhack kills panic people.  Probably the strongest one is actually ping, the hack I've mostly ignored.  Lets you hack highlighted enemies through walls.
Shoes...

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 16, 2020, 07:25:48 am »

I've probably gimped my build since I've spent most of my perks in crafting and athletics, but I'm only just at the start of Act 2, so there's plenty of room to grow. I haven't settled on a weapon, and I'm still experimenting with the various options. Honestly, the bullet sponge enemies are my biggest gripe.

I do agree the game feels a lot like a less funny Borderlands, with outrageous neon color schemes, gun loot, RPG skill trees and the expectation that you'll be plowing through combat by firing as many bullets as possible while restoring your health bar with consumables.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 16, 2020, 08:47:52 am »

If you pick a weapon and start putting your perks in it that borderlands aspect will probably diminish.  Pistols, blades, and hacks at least very quickly start one or two-shotting people with some investment in the relevant stats.  My tech pistol frequently one-shots people through walls if I charge it, though it is a legendary.
Shoes...

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 16, 2020, 09:20:20 am »

Well, I went and blew my wad of crafting ingredients I'd earned from deconstructing the random crap on upgrading the Fenrir iconic SMG. It turned it into a reliable room clearer. Just point at center mass, unload half a clip, and walk past as the burn damage does the rest of the work. So it looks like the crafting route can be useful, provided you have the right weapons.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 16, 2020, 09:31:05 am »

It's all in the headshot multiplier. Maybe other weapons are just as ouwy if upgraded, but in lack of upgrades only revolvers seem realistically deadly. My current gripe is that the cyberware heal doesnt work, at least it doesnt with my remapped quickaccess (fuck the middlemousebutton), I want to play without quickheals only using that cyberware with its 120s cooldown (so 1 heal per fight or death>reload), but it doesnt work right now.

So I am reasonably confident that mobs have hardcoded HP and armor, and level adaptive loot (and dmg?), except for hardcoded finds. Legendaries are allways sold at the same shops, if you show up with a higher level, they will be stronger, stronger even than the same legendary upgraded to current max.

I will be playing the finished savegame for a bit still, in order to collect enough skillpoints to make a savegame from which I can try out anything (I splurged a bit too much on some random skillchecks in quests, pretty balanced char atm). I think I will make a hardcore run with a bunch of self imposed rules, but probably only once there have been some major updates.

Spoiler: minor (click to show/hide)

My wishlist for future improvements, by decreasing urgency:

-Pedestrian, driver and cop AI.
(-Better performance is allways good, console versions probably unacceptable but im unaffected)
-In more difficult modes, make police intervention a constant threat in most missions if the player is too bloodthirsty, make serial killers be hounded by the police, turning the whole city into a "sneaking mission".
-Actual gang stuff instead of a farcry-like system, turfs and reputation points, some basic upgrade tree for your own gang. Maybe make fashion relevant to this, they had a whole video about fashion after all. Turning the whole city into a shooting gallery, much like it is now, except theyre not waiting for you to show up to execute a pedestrian  :D.
-In more difficult modes, make the relic malfunctions actually matter: players got like 20-30h after the heist, if you dont do mainstory you plain die... Towards the end you'd have blackouts that spawn you somewhere else and make you loose a few ingame hours. If you show up to last mainstory mission in the last minute, ending is different too.
-Just a smidge more mobility, somebody around here mentionned being able to grip walls with mantis blades IIRC, but I found no such thing as of yet... IMHO, that plus a tiny bit of wallrunning (mainly just using the wall for the second jump, third possible with doublejump). Maybe some cyberware where instead of gripping ledges, you do the same thing a bit faster but the animation shows you your foot pushing you up for example, or more a buck vaulting.
-First person driving is unacceptable, barely being able to look over the dashboard is one thing, but the worst is the fact that during a sunny day the roads will have bloom at +8000 because you are under a roof -.- do I hate that stupid effect in all games, also mirrors maybe? Why the fuck do we have RTX if not for that?
-A tiny bit of normal life, dining, pachinko etc.

Other than that it's mostly allright.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 09:47:45 am by dragdeler »
let

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 16, 2020, 10:41:58 am »

A few more levels and perks and the same gun, unupgraded, does 12,000 damage and that wasn't a crit. This is with scavengers in the starter area though. I do 15 to 100 damage in act 2's area.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 16, 2020, 10:56:44 am »

I do agree the game feels a lot like a less funny Borderlands,
eh- the game is MUCH more funny then borderlands 3. not that 77 is funny, but borderlands is 105% cringy flanderism and scores negative on the fun scale.

bulletsponginess gets less bad later in game even without spending perks on weapon skills, but damage scaling remained a big problem for me.
even in the same combat region, the damage fluctioation is extremely high between dudes that appear to be of the same thread level. so if i try to stealthy headshot everyone, there will be always someone wo takes 250dmg instead of 3000, making this approach unviable. maybe its me not fully understanding the game yet, but in this case it simply does a poor job in explaining itself. in any case some visual clues for enemy damage resistance was nice. scanning everybody then select damage type according to target does not do it for me. its to slow, i had to carry different weapons for it and i had to go to inventory and change my equipment all the time.
so... usually i just dont give a fuck about stealth and just beat everybody up with the combat dildo or shoot them with a sniper rifle if they are further away.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 10:58:45 am by motorbitch »

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 16, 2020, 02:29:38 pm »

I've been playing on Hard difficulty for a while but set it down to Normal not because it was hard but because the bullet-sponginess was simply too much. Managed to pick up Legendary Subdermal Armor early on and am currently having lots of fun as a semi-indestructible Gorilla Arms bruiser, carrying a revolver and shotgun for ranged combat. Put a lot of perks into the Annihilation tree but honestly bvoth shotgun and LMG seem kinda underpowered so usually I just punch people or shoot them in the head with a big revolver, that's a lot more solid damage output
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42