Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 42

Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. New Firmware Edition  (Read 59316 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. Bug-free code Edition.
« Reply #465 on: December 27, 2020, 11:33:49 am »

None of them are on a timer and they're just like gas stations on the road map. Instead of being on the other side of the map and calling for jobs you can plot a course down one road and hit half a dozen jobs. You do tend to forget wth they are storywise. Shoot the guys and gals and get to the last room. Rinse and repeat.

Also much like gas stations, it feels extremely weird to visit, or even just talk about, all of them on my trip across town.
The 5 day old hot dogs are pretty much the same at every gas station.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 27, 2020, 01:43:11 pm »

As far as characterization goes, I like how V's dialog and mannerisms become progressively more Johnny's mannerisms as the story progresses, like where it starts out and you don't smoke, up to mid-game or so where you don't even get an option not to, he just pulls them out and starts smoking.  Plus becoming progressively more violently anti-corporate and all, more prone to big explosive actions.

Hmmm, where's midgame you're referring to?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Because at that point I definitely noticed that V picked up the cigarette, but I still had the option. I had disagreed with Johnny a number of times and it would be wild if it's dependent on that. Otherwise maybe you're just at a later point than I am.

Yes, that's the part I'm referring to, and I'm pretty impressed.  It did not give me a choice, but I was also taking a lot more anti-corporate stances and not being exactly friendly with Johnny but not completely rebuffing him either.  It may also be related to the timer, the Johnny Takeover element has a percentage on the menu screen and I'm not sure exactly how it works but it seems like it ticks up over time or depending on what order you complete quests in.
Shoes...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 27, 2020, 06:39:43 pm »

Anyone have a sense of how Karma works? Right now it just seems to be an extra dialog option to leverage "goodness" to solve quests, there doesn't seem to be any downside for low karma.

Also not clear on how it's earned or affected. At one point I was at 4/5, but for most of the game I've been at 3/5. With decking you have the option to easy do non-lethal across the board, and I've stopped executing KO'd guys for that extra little XP and Street Cred. Also donate to the bums when I see them asking. Kinda seems like it's keyed off big events, big changes though?

I've been doing most of the quests around Jig-Jig Street for a bit now, and I honestly feel like I need a shower. This game makes VtM: Bloodlines look like a Fallout game by comparison in terms of themes.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 27, 2020, 07:44:49 pm »

Wait, Karma? Where!?

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 27, 2020, 07:51:57 pm »

You mean Cool, which is a stat?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 27, 2020, 08:07:27 pm »

Anyone have a sense of how Karma works? Right now it just seems to be an extra dialog option to leverage "goodness" to solve quests, there doesn't seem to be any downside for low karma.

Also not clear on how it's earned or affected. At one point I was at 4/5, but for most of the game I've been at 3/5. With decking you have the option to easy do non-lethal across the board, and I've stopped executing KO'd guys for that extra little XP and Street Cred. Also donate to the bums when I see them asking. Kinda seems like it's keyed off big events, big changes though?

I've been doing most of the quests around Jig-Jig Street for a bit now, and I honestly feel like I need a shower. This game makes VtM: Bloodlines look like a Fallout game by comparison in terms of themes.

I don't know what you mean by karma.  Are you talking about the yin and yang symbol, or something else?  The yin and yang is Cool, the stealth stat.
Shoes...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 27, 2020, 09:22:04 pm »

Ah, that'd explain it.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 28, 2020, 08:45:37 pm »

A game must look breathtaking if I would notice the subtleties of someones fashion choices. Those boots are cool, the belt is cool, the shirtLEDs too, the handLEDs fucking awesome, and her sunglasses keep reflecting the club... There was a less pretty NPC with the weirdest vest also LEDs, whom I saw while dying, that's the initial reason I've actually spent half an hour gawking at the 7th Hell I think the club is called.

I know those neon colors are supposed to be flashy and agressive but I find the game's color palette oddly soothing.
Spoiler: its mesmerizing (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 08:47:34 pm by dragdeler »
let

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 08, 2021, 11:50:08 am »

So I just beat Rhino.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 04:24:51 pm by nenjin »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 08, 2021, 04:53:04 pm »

Ah, the good 'ol chain stagger for win.  The highest form of cheap on many a fighting/action game.

Your only mistake was thinking that the game was too sophisticated for that, but you know better now.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 08, 2021, 04:54:36 pm »

Really it's just the stamina bar. It's....a lie? Maybe it has bearing on how much damage each punch does, I noticed some wild variation there. But in terms of what you can actually do? It doesn't matter.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 08, 2021, 04:57:02 pm »

Well, the chain stun to win is based upon keeping the enemy stunned, the damage dealt doesn't matter so long as they remain stunned.

The fact that zero stamina didn't stop you from throwing another hit, that is the cheap part.

Dunno what the max body stat is, is 8 good?  I mean, if it was out of 8, then it makes sense.  If it was out of 10, maybe.  It it was out of 100, wow.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 08, 2021, 05:06:45 pm »

Out of 20. I think 1000 damage crit punch was 5% of her health. So she had 20000 health, and I was averaging 200 a punch non-crit/low roll.

Really it was the having 1 skill in Brawling and no perks that was the more surprising. All my points are in Int, Hacking, Technical Ability in crafting.

Breaking news: Skinny hacker kicks the shit out of roided out professional fighter!....eventually.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 08, 2021, 05:24:39 pm »

Breaking news: Skinny hacker kicks the shit out of roided out professional fighter!....eventually.
Well, isn't that why video games exist, to allow those fantasies?

...it's the video games that don't let that occur that get criticized, after all.  :P

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 09, 2021, 01:34:55 pm »

Ok so, from my streetkid playthrough I remembered gustavo from that sidequest doesn't have to die... So I set my mind to climbing the skyscraper and what do you know there is a way, even if it involves a lot of dissapearing textures and looking at the empty husk inside the building. Let's see if I can cheese my way through the guards and he if he will actually talk to me if I don't aggro anybody  :D. Man I so prefer this eurojank to rdr2.

edit: it worked, but the most awesome part was the elevator shaft being open to access and the elevator in the basement :D having fun is fun

« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 01:48:34 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 42