Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ...er...JUSTICE spiral!?? Dead dwarves everywhere!?  (Read 10845 times)

floundericiousWA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
...er...JUSTICE spiral!?? Dead dwarves everywhere!?
« on: May 31, 2012, 01:15:46 am »

What the ffff....

I've just had ten dwarves, in less than 5 minutes playing time...dead at the hands of other dwarves.

The military dwarves are "beating criminals" and other dwarves are fighting for no reason...

Any ideas???

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
Re: ...er...JUSTICE spiral!?? Dead dwarves everywhere!?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 01:17:38 am »

Sounds like you have a loyalty cascade on your hands.. what happened before this?
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

floundericiousWA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 01:19:47 am »

A caravan left unscathed and an ambush that killed three of my dwarves caught outside...

floundericiousWA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 01:20:49 am »

Is a loyalty cascade a "game over, wait for the hell to end" terminal event? If so...well sh*t.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 01:21:17 am »

That might rule out a loyalty cascade.. hmm. Justice screen? Have any punishments been handed out?

floundericiousWA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 01:23:33 am »

Um...there were like five export violation convictions handed out for a damned mandate that the baroness (minted during this caravan/liaison visit and now dead after going berserk) handed out while the caravan was still inside.

floundericiousWA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 01:25:41 am »

Maybe I DO have a loyalty cascade...it seems all my military dwarves are the ones running around murdering other dwarves...hmmmmmmmm not convinced yet...

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 01:27:59 am »

Presumably you don't have a jail set up.. and the criminals are the dwarves who loaded the stuff onto the caravan. Did anyone die from the beatings?

Bartinyou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 01:28:03 am »

Depending on what items were forbidden from export you could be looking at a bunch of dwarves facing a good punching from the captain's men.  Especially if it was a craft good.

Nyan Thousand

• Bay Watcher
  • It's exactly nyan thousand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 01:33:01 am »

Loyalty cascades are fun. Check the units screen and see if any of your dwarves are "former members" or "enemies" of your civ. Then, just let the cascade sort itself out. You'll be left with a few dwarves, and you can just burrow them somewhere and start anew with new migrants.

So fun.

Gigaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 01:37:49 am »

It seems more likely that your favorite noble forbade the export of a certain item type while the traders were already on the way home. Every dwarf who carried an item of this type to the depot will get a punishment and while you seem to have no jail, they'll all get a beating.

floundericiousWA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 01:43:37 am »

Ok, thanks all!  I think it's NOT a cascade.  Sounds like it's an export violation.

The comments match up what I'm seeing...there's a member of the squad, a potter, who's badly hurt and crutch-walking...and going around punching the crap out of other dwarves.  So are some of the other squad members.  The problem is that some of the militia are punching hard enough to smash skulls and that's why I was having dead or critically wounded dwarves pop up.

Hope I don't go TS...the worst part...the absolute worst...after the damn baroness filed charges against the huge crowd of dwarves...she went insane, then berserk, then got slaughtered by a hunter. 

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 01:51:08 am »

...she went insane, then berserk, then got slaughtered by a hunter.
I wish nobles would do this more often.

foop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 04:38:03 am »

That happened to me only the other day.

I normally ignore justice unless I feel like playing with it, because I have enough trouble keeping my dwarves in trousers.  In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2012, 05:12:06 am »

That happened to me only the other day.

I normally ignore justice unless I feel like playing with it, because I have enough trouble keeping my dwarves in trousers.  In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.
Sigged for my first LOL of a crappy day.
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.